"All" PA songs played before the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Yes I know this has already been discussed but I cannot seem to find the thread. If someone can link it for me or just start a new one...
I can think of two that I remember...
Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Modest Mouse - Float On

Besides the Arcade Fire's Wake Up and Modest Mouse's Float On, here are the songs played on PA before U2 took the stage I remember (from Vertigo North America Leg I):

Interpol - Obstacle 1
REM - Leaving New York
David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
The Killers - Mr Brightside
Coldplay - Clocks

Cheers,
-Cyril

Cyril said:
Besides the Arcade Fire's Wake Up and Modest Mouse's Float On, here are the songs played on PA before U2 took the stage I remember (from Vertigo North America Leg I):

Interpol - Obstacle 1
REM - Leaving New York
David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
The Killers - Mr Brightside
Coldplay - Clocks

Cheers,
-Cyril

thanks, I was at that last 2 toronto shows and I dont remember any of these songs being played over the PA. They definitely changed up the soungs for the 3rd leg.

At Toronto 3 the only song that came out of U2's stage speakers was "Wake Up" by Arcade fire, the rest of the songs were coming from the ACC speakers, which leads me to believe that U2 has nothing to do with those songs

Earlier this summer I picked up a copy of Mojo with a U2 Jukebox CD... here was the tracklisting and I think several of these songs have played pre-show...

Wake Up - The Arcade Fire (5:31)
Float On - Modest Mouse (3:28)
Grey Will Fade - Charlotte Hatherley (4:45)
Obstacle 1 - Interpol (4:09)
Pagan Lovesong - Virgin Prunes (3:26)
Dream Baby Dream - Suicide (6:20)
30 Seconds over Tokyo - Pere Ubu (6:21)
Hounds of Love - The Futuresmiths (3:01)
Cattle and Cane - The Go-Betweens (4:13)
A Forest - The Cure (5:53)
The Cutter - Echo & The Bunnymen (3:50)
Christine - Siouxsie and the Banshees (2:58)
Glad to See You Go - The Ramones (2:12)

This 15 track collection was compiled exlusively for MOJO magazine by Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr as they kickstarted the Vertigo World Tour in the US of A during April 2005. The band got together and hand-picked a series of 30 tunes past and present, reflecting their influences and current favorites. This tracklisting was culled from that initial list and sequenced by U2.

Another one played before the show:

Velvet Underground - Rock and Roll
Green Day - American Idiot (only heard this one at the first Seattle show)

Hard Act To Follow - Split Enz
Now We're Getting Somewhere - Crowded House
The Sound Of Muzak - Porcupine Tree

Oh, wait, that's my ironically appropriate fake answer. :wink:

Axver said:

I demand that U2 ditch Wake Up and come on stage to Hard Act To Follow! :hyper: :happy:

Oh, and when U2 cop criticism for this and are called arrogant, they can replace Hard Act To Follow with My Mistake. :wink:

From what I can recall. I'm not sure of the exact names of the songs, but whatever.

Interpol - Evil
Radiohead - Idioteque
Killers - Mr Brightside
Weezer - Beverley Hills
the Cure - ?
Modest Mouse - Float On
Rock the Casbah has played just before Arcade Fire - Wake Up

There are more...

shutdown said:
From what I can recall. I'm not sure of the exact names of the songs, but whatever.

Interpol - Evil
Radiohead - Idioteque
Killers - Mr Brightside
Weezer - Beverley Hills
the Cure - ?
Modest Mouse - Float On

There are more...

Beverley Hills! thank you, thats what I was looking for. Dont know why Hollywood came to mind :)

shutdown said:

Interpol - Evil
Radiohead - Idioteque
Killers - Mr Brightside
Weezer - Beverley Hills
the Cure - ?
Modest Mouse - Float On

There are more...

Were you at a Toronto show? :wink:

Okay, at Toronto 4 they played this techni-ish song.....I think they actually played it twice and I've been looking EVERYWHERE for it......does anyone have any idea what song this is?

Thanks

cwelsh12 said:
Okay, at Toronto 4 they played this techni-ish song.....I think they actually played it twice and I've been looking EVERYWHERE for it......does anyone have any idea what song this is?

Thanks

The only techish song that I heard from M.I.A, I think song is called Amazon.:wink:

Last edited:
in mexico, they played almost the entire bloc party album , do you want to by franz ferdinand, gorillaz feel good inc, radiohead's idioteque i think, i know in europe they had weezer (beverly hills), the arcade fire neighborhood 2 i think, not sure though, bexks e-pro, the smashing pumkin's 1979, modest mouse's float on,

Just out of curiousity, why do so many people care what was played on the P.A before the show? Not trying to be mean or anything but there seems to be a thread about this every other day.

The Seed 2.0 - The Roots
Idioteque - Radiohead
Christine - Siouxsie & The Banshees
Venus - Television
Banquet - Bloc Party
12:15 - The Strokes
Leaving New York - REM
Money - Pink Floyd
Irish Blook, English Heart - Morrissey
Can't Stand Me Now - The Liberitines
Club Foot - Kasabian
And She Was - Talking Heads
A Forest - The Cure
Inbetween Days - The Cure
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Chocolate - Snow Patrol
Heart of Glass - Blondie
House of Jealous Lovers - The Rapture
Rock and Roll - The Velvet Underground
The Cutter - Echo And The Bunnymen
Glad To See You Go- The Ramones

A few I remember that haven't been posted yet:

Bloc Party - So Here We Are (LOVE this one, didn't know it before going to U2 shows)
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn

The techno song is "Miss U Less, See U More" by Faithless. I haven't found the mix that U2 used.

Back
Top Bottom