MERGED-->March 28th, San Diego Fan Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:

This IS my first U2 concert! I am going to 3/28 AND 3/30!
I cannot wait! I am already trying to figure out what to wear...
comething black and red to go along with the Vertigo theme.
What about everyone else? Hope the weather's awesome
then! It's a beautiful day in San Diego today!

Karen

Thats so cool..its your first concert! I would go the second show but I have a 7yr old. And getting a babysitter is tough.

Hehehehe...I am trying to figure what to wear too. I ordered the blue crack addict tshirt so I may wear that.. or I may wear my "Clarence" tshirt. That may get their attention.. :wink: Other than that I don't know what to wear either..arghhhhhhhhh!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Thats so cool..its your first concert! I would go the second show but I have a 7yr old. And getting a babysitter is tough.

Hehehehe...I am trying to figure what to wear too. I ordered the blue crack addict tshirt so I may wear that.. or I may wear my "Clarence" tshirt. That may get their attention.. :wink: Other than that I don't know what to wear either..arghhhhhhhhh!

Ooooh yes! Wear the Clarence t-shirt! I wanna see it!

Carek1230 said:

This IS my first U2 concert! I am going to 3/28 AND 3/30!
I cannot wait! I am already trying to figure out what to wear...
comething black and red to go along with the Vertigo theme.
What about everyone else? Hope the weather's awesome
then! It's a beautiful day in San Diego today!

Karen

Black and red--great idea Karen! The first show I have a seat, so not too concerned about what I wear in terms of comfort, though I know I won't be able to stay in my seat for more than 2 seconds once the band comes on. Second night I'm GA and I'm definitely wearing comfortable stuff--something stretchy so I can vault onto the stage quickly when it's time to dance with Bono :D

I friggin' PHOTOCOPIED my tickets 3 times and have them placed in different locations around the house:giggle:

Well this will be my second U2 show since the Elevation tour. This has been the longest 3 years and 3 months of my life waiting to see them again!!! Waiting another month will fly by so fast, it will make my head spin. Right now my mind is teaching my students and getting them ready for their state exam in mid April. So this U2 trip will be a nice break for me.

Oh, and I too have sent copies of my pdf file of my concert tickets to different email accounts so that if anything happens, I can retrieve them from any computer anywhere!!!

ruffian said:

Black and red--great idea Karen! The first show I have a seat, so not too concerned about what I wear in terms of comfort, though I know I won't be able to stay in my seat for more than 2 seconds once the band comes on. Second night I'm GA and I'm definitely wearing comfortable stuff--something stretchy so I can vault onto the stage quickly when it's time to dance with Bono :D

I friggin' PHOTOCOPIED my tickets 3 times and have them placed in different locations around the house:giggle:

I photocopied my tix too...and today got the 6 nosebleed tix I bought off ebay for the 3/30 show! They are in zip loc bags hidden in a safe place. I wish they were more colorfully designed...would have rather the ticketbastard logo be hidden and U2 VERTIGO TOUR stand out but oh well......it's still gonna be a sacred keepsake, my ticket stub! I've got seats for 2 shows so I am gonna stick with the black and red theme.....mix and match but going for comfort especially on the feet cuz I am NOT going to be sitting I can guarantee that! Oh I do hope you get up on stage, that would be so cool!

I cannot wait until tomorrow so I can post 39 DAYS AND COUNTING......hahahaha we will all get through this big countdown together. I am also gonna spend the weekend making a small notebook filled out with people's names and contact info, a small one I can keep in a purse or backpack for handy reference. :happy: It will be a notebook with a black or a red cover!

I was thinking of going to Sea World or the zoo on Tuesday. It's also still going to be whale watching season down there during the concert, so I was thinking of going on one of those on Saturday. They have one that's only like $25, and guarenteed sighting or you get a free pass for another cruise. Also get to see lots of other marine life in the area. If you're interested in Sea World, you might enjoy something like that, as well. I'm determined to make a full vacation of the whole trip!

Carek1230 said:

It's like $50 to get into SeaWorld. I think AAA Auto club gives the best discount or I can check at work to see if I can get any discount cards.

There are discounts out there. Military get good rates as well as AAA.

I was thinking of getting a season pass for 120 dollars since it is good for all the "Busch" parks such as Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg, all of the Sea Worlds and Sesame Place.

I am three hours away from Sesame Place and Williamsburg so................ It would be a good bet for me to get that.

Phx27 said:
I was thinking of going to Sea World or the zoo on Tuesday. It's also still going to be whale watching season down there during the concert, so I was thinking of going on one of those on Saturday. They have one that's only like $25, and guarenteed sighting or you get a free pass for another cruise. Also get to see lots of other marine life in the area. If you're interested in Sea World, you might enjoy something like that, as well. I'm determined to make a full vacation of the whole trip!

The Whale watching cruise sounds great but I won't be there on the weekend. I've already been to the zoo as well as Sea World San Diego but I always enjoy Sea World and there are some rides there.

Last edited:
I might do the cruise Tuesday morning and then go to Sea World afterwards.

I wish I could make a vacation out of it but I don't have the vacation days.

I just started at my job in November and currently only have 20 hours of vacation. I work 9 hour days so I only work 9 days every two weeks instead of 10.

AAA gives members a 7.50 dollar discount off of the Sea World ticket.

I'm thinking about the Hampton Inn on Greenwood St.

Are the parking lots around the arena fenced off or could you walk through them to get to the arena?

Attachments

• mapimage.gif
    mapimage.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 70
EPandAmerica said:
Thanks for the info. I went ahead with the HI as it stated it was only 4 blocks from the arena.

hmmm...I thought HI was right across the street? Maybe you are staying at a different one? 3737 Sports Arena Blvd is the address of the one I'm mentioning...

ruffian said:

hmmm...I thought HI was right across the street? Maybe you are staying at a different one? 3737 Sports Arena Blvd is the address of the one I'm mentioning...

The HI that E&P is talking about that is four blocks away is the Hampton Inn, (not the Holiday Inn).

ramblin rose said:

The HI that E&P is talking about that is four blocks away is the Hampton Inn, (not the Holiday Inn).

Hampton Inn? I live there and I am trying to think if there is a Hampton Inn there....I don't think so! I am gonna take a drive over that way this w/e and double check. I do know for a fact that the entire arena property is fenced in.

THIRTY NINE DAYS, PEOPLE!!!!

Carek1230 said:

Hampton Inn? I live there and I am trying to think if there is a Hampton Inn there....I don't think so! I am gonna take a drive over that way this w/e and double check. I do know for a fact that the entire arena property is fenced in.

I don't live there but I'm familiar with the area. The Hampton Inn is pretty close - about the same distance as the crow flies as the Premier Inn and the Holiday Inn Express - it's just east (toward the I-5) instead of west. It's probably a little longer walk too since you have to walk all the way around the sports arena because of the fence. There is also a Good-Nite Inn (about $50/night during the week) on the same street.:yes:

Carek1230 said:

THIRTY NINE DAYS, PEOPLE!!!!

The Sports Arena parking lot is open

skjuls said:
I might do the cruise Tuesday morning and then go to Sea World afterwards.

I wish I could make a vacation out of it but I don't have the vacation days.

I just started at my job in November and currently only have 20 hours of vacation. I work 9 hour days so I only work 9 days every two weeks instead of 10.

AAA gives members a 7.50 dollar discount off of the Sea World ticket.

Sea World is fun but we have a little trick we play on tourists. There is a red seating area around the shows called 'The Splash Zone'. Supposedly if you sit there you will get wet. Actually the water goes over the zone and gets the people behind it, so sit nice and close.

02-18-2005 01:20 AM - LA's U2 Tribute - The Joshua Tree - 3/12 & 3/27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to me now.....I need to let you know.

Here's where we're playing in March:

Saturday March 12th @10 PM

14 Below - Santa Monica

1348 14th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 451-5040
www.14below.com

JT will be playing the middle set of a three-band show at the famous 14 Below in Santa Monica. JT will hit the stage around 10:00 PM, sandwiched between Cheap Suits (A blues tribute band), and The Police Experience (A Police Tribute).

14 Below is a 21 and older club. $10 at the door.

****ALSO****

Sunday, March 27, 2005 @ 7:00 PM

Hard Rock Cafe - San Diego

7:00 PM
801 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 615-7625
www.hardock.com

Fans of Bono... listen up! The Joshua Tree is very proud to announce they will be playing a charity event to benefit the African Well Fund www.africanwellfund.org, an organization dedicated to raising funds for building and maintaining wells in Africa. We encourage you to check out their website and read about this very, very, and we mean very worthy cause. The band is set to hit the stage at 7:00 or so, and are primed and ready to help Bono and the boys kick off their 2005 North American Tour. Also, the perfect time and place to meet up with hundreds of U2 fans coming into town for the first U2 show of the tour!

Cost is $10 at the door.

Stay tuned for more announcements. We're not done with March just yet! People get ready, there's a train a comin!

God bless, we hope to see you there.

Jason & JT

As you enter this life, I pray you depart, with a wrinkled face and a brand new heart.

www.U2JT.com

The Joshua Tree - LA's premier U2 tribute band.

Eliv8 said:

Sea World is fun but we have a little trick we play on tourists. There is a red seating area around the shows called 'The Splash Zone'. Supposedly if you sit there you will get wet. Actually the water goes over the zone and gets the people behind it, so sit nice and close.

Here's something to do Sunday night!

02-18-2005 01:20 AM - LA's U2 Tribute - The Joshua Tree - 3/12 & 3/27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to me now.....I need to let you know.

Here's where we're playing in March:

Saturday March 12th @10 PM

14 Below - Santa Monica

1348 14th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 451-5040
www.14below.com

JT will be playing the middle set of a three-band show at the famous 14 Below in Santa Monica. JT will hit the stage around 10:00 PM, sandwiched between Cheap Suits (A blues tribute band), and The Police Experience (A Police Tribute).

14 Below is a 21 and older club. $10 at the door.

****ALSO****

Sunday, March 27, 2005 @ 7:00 PM

Hard Rock Cafe - San Diego

7:00 PM
801 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 615-7625
www.hardock.com

Fans of Bono... listen up! The Joshua Tree is very proud to announce they will be playing a charity event to benefit the African Well Fund www.africanwellfund.org, an organization dedicated to raising funds for building and maintaining wells in Africa. We encourage you to check out their website and read about this very, very, and we mean very worthy cause. The band is set to hit the stage at 7:00 or so, and are primed and ready to help Bono and the boys kick off their 2005 North American Tour. Also, the perfect time and place to meet up with hundreds of U2 fans coming into town for the first U2 show of the tour!

Cost is $10 at the door.

Stay tuned for more announcements. We're not done with March just yet! People get ready, there's a train a comin!

God bless, we hope to see you there.

Jason & JT

As you enter this life, I pray you depart, with a wrinkled face and a brand new heart.

www.U2JT.com

The Joshua Tree - LA's premier U2 tribute band.

Hey Karen,
I saw this too about the tribute band, The Joshua Tree.

I got an email from the news group at @u2.com

Check this out folks..I made an rsvp for it..(its an evite)

YOU'RE INVITED: @U2 VERTIGO'S EVE - MARCH 27th
February 18, 2005
posted by: m2

Hello! Hello! (Hola!) It's the night before Vertigo, and @U2 invites
you to join us for our Vertigo's Eve Party at the Hard Rock Cafe in San
Diego! The party is open to all ages, and will run from 9:00 pm until
Midnight or 1:00 am on Sunday, March 27th.

Our special guests will be The Joshua Tree, a terrific tribute band
from southern California. Vertigo's Eve is being co-presented by the
African Well Fund, which will use the party to launch its annual "Build
a Well for Bono's Birthday" fund raising drive.

Use the link below to learn more about the plans, and please follow the
instructions to RSVP if you plan to attend. We expect the party to sell
out, and priority will be given to those who RSVPd in advance. We'll
see you in San Diego!

learn more about @U2 VERTIGO'S EVE >>

http://www.atu2.com/events/05/vertigoseve/

m2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom