May 14th, Wachovia Center in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friday night before Philly I - Whos up for a party?

British Sea Power are playing 1st Unitarian the night before, great great band. Was hoping to arrange something with the other locals and bombard some places that night. Get properly pissed up and have a pre U2 party!

sounds interesting. I will be at both phillys (only have GAs to the 5/14 show)

any idea whats NEAR the wachovia center? based on the map, seems like nothing.

Whats everyone doing that has GAs? And what time to the parking lots open? I am close enough to drive up the day of the show, and want ot get there early.

paxetaurora - shoot me an email about the day's activities please. bonofan78@gmail.com

What are you looking for near the Wachovia Center exactly? If you can park at whereever your staying I hear parking at the center is crazy....if you're staying somewhere that is. Otherwise buy your parking pass now so you don't have to worry about it the day off.

I've got GA for 5/14 too :up:

I'm just looking for food places within walking distance. Figure while part of my party is waiting in GA line, others could go out and get food, find a bathroom, stuff like that.

I'm about 2 hours from philly, so i was planning on just driving up early that day, and parking "somewhere". If the wachovia lots open early that day, that would be preferred. Otherwise i will look for a garage, or some place on the street.

Does anyone know if the parking lot at the wachovia center will be open for parking before the show? How early can one get there? Also, it the parking area conducive to tailgating? I would like to at least sit on a lounge chair while waiting on the GA line...also, what time is everyone getting there?

I will try to answer all of your questions.

Parking lots should open early - you are able to tailgate in the parking lot.

As for bathrooms, I am not to sure what maybe available on site (maybe portapotties):madspit: But Citizens Bank Park where the Phillies play, is close by and there is a Restaurant/Bar called McFaddens.

The Sports Area (Wachovia Center, Citizens Bank, and Lincoln Field) is really off on its own. Nothing near there (no garages). The good news is that for both weekends U2 is at the Wachovia - there is no Phillies Game and nothing is going on at the Spectrum.

Hope that helps.

Transportation:

Amtrak will take you to 30th Street Station. From 30th Street station you can opt to take a cab or the Subway to the Sports Arena.

If you choose to take the train, you would get off at 30th Street. Take the Market Frankford Line towards the Delaware Riverfront. Then you would get off at the Broad Street Line and take that to the Sports Complex. Map of detail

Septa

Thanks sortofhomecoming. Just moved to Chalfont and I am so anxious to get the right information to get to the concert so I can get a good spot.

We were front "row" for Elevation so needless to say we are hoping for a great location for Vertigo.

Also, do you know if there are many entrances to the Wachovia Center for the GA line? In NJ, there is just one area where you would wait and only one gate or two were open to let the GA line in. Some fans would assign numbers and it worked well with this honor system. For the second leg though all hell broke loose and they opened three or four gates and people that got there late got in before the ones that were waiting all day!

Hi - Welcome to the area - Chalfont is not that far from me.

As for GA Entrances, never could convince my husband to do GA - afraid of me being near Bono:drool: , during the Elevation tour (1st leg) - I believe they lined up on the side of the Wachovia Center facing Broad Street. Not sure about the 2nd leg in Philly.

Sorry I could not give precise info.

I have reserved seats but how early should I get there? Also- I reeeally want to bring a camera- is it worth it to smuggle one in or are the security people strict there and would they confiscate it? Kind of dumb, but how long are U2 concerts, usually? I've never been to one before and my brother and I would like to have some sort of idea... Thanks!

i still haven't figure out my transportation issues... considering either driving or greyhound.

what time does everyone think they're gonna start heading to the arena? 'cause greyhound has a bus that gets into philly at 4:30 and one that gets in at 9:01... when do you think will be too late to get into the "heart/oval/egg/toilet?"

I know Wahcovia is right off of 95 and next to the new Eagles stadium, but does anyone know about the area right around it? Are there any restaurants or bars? I'm coming up with three friends and looking to hang out a couple hours before the show.

I'll be there. Lauren has my ticket, apparently it's in section 204A, but hey, at least I'm in the building! :)

I think we're going to an Irish Pub after the show. We're all staying at the Comfort Inn downtown.

what? Dave, you're still buying the ticket from me? I was just thinking I need to get on the ball selling it to someone else b/c I thought you had made other plans....

RademR said:
I know Wahcovia is right off of 95 and next to the new Eagles stadium, but does anyone know about the area right around it? Are there any restaurants or bars? I'm coming up with three friends and looking to hang out a couple hours before the show.

In the Phillies new stadium there is a great bar restaurant called McFaddens. Cool spot and it's in the complex so you can just park and leave your car there.

spirish said:
Does anyone know if the parking lot at the wachovia center will be open for parking before the show? How early can one get there? Also, it the parking area conducive to tailgating? I would like to at least sit on a lounge chair while waiting on the GA line...also, what time is everyone getting there?

Im not sure what time the lots will open. But you can tailgate very easily. You will only get a hard time for not having a trash bag and using bottles without plastic cups. I am hoping to get there early, park in a lot and be able to walk from the GA line to the car, restrooms etc.

Back
Top Bottom