MERGED --> SAN JOSE 4/9 PICTURES + Me & April's pics & story - Front Row - Saw Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them Sicy!

You're so lucky, hehe. That's the spot where I want to be come next month.

I can dream right? :wink:

VertigoGal said:
wow, great pics! thanks!

I have a few questions...

first, how long did Bono's shades stay off tonight?

also, did Dallas come onstage and play with them? or was that just a pic from before the show?

looks like you guys had a great time :up:

Um.. I honestly have no idea.. it seemed like maybe he was taking his shades off and on during various songs throughout the night.

Dallas did not come onstage, those pics were before U2 came on when he was tuning Edge's guitars. I guess I should have organized my pics better :slant: I just really wanted to get them up last night and when I uploaded them in the gallery they uploaded in order by name and I was just too freaking tired to put them in the right order.

Oh I forgot.. Bono never once came over to our side! I was kinda sad I wanted to like touch his hand or something but he mostly stayed in the very middle of the front row or on th ellipse.

He DID look at me and April once and smiled at us :cute:

Last night was SO. MUCH. FUN!!

Of course Sicy and April were lucky bastards for getting their spot, but they deserved it. :) (Awesome pics, btw!)

Daafish, my brother and I were about 3 people back from the rail outside the ellipse (left of middle), and it turns out we chose a good spot because both the Edge and Bono (and even Adam) spent some time right there, and Edge and Bono gave lots of eye contact and played with the audience around there. Bono really seemed to be enjoying himself - hamming it up, almost reverting into Macphisto/Fly during Zoo station, and overall just having a great time. His voice was in great condition, too. I wish I could've brought in my good camera...

Diemen said:
Last night was SO. MUCH. FUN!!

Of course Sicy and April were lucky bastards for getting their spot, but they deserved it. :) (Awesome pics, btw!)

Daafish, my brother and I were about 3 people back from the rail outside the ellipse (left of middle), and it turns out we chose a good spot because both the Edge and Bono (and even Adam) spent some time right there, and Edge and Bono gave lots of eye contact and played with the audience around there. Bono really seemed to be enjoying himself - hamming it up, almost reverting into Macphisto/Fly during Zoo station, and overall just having a great time. His voice was in great condition, too. I wish I could've brought in my good camera...

That's great you guys got to see them up close, too. I was thinking that as soon as I saw you outside the ellipse. You snagged a great spot. :up:

I still can't believe we were front row. I was hoping Bono would come over to us at one point, but like Sicy said, he never really came over to our side. :slant: But, we did see him drive in and got a smile later on at the show, so that's still pretty cool. :cute:

I am going to be dog tired tomorrow night when I get home, but I promise I'll upload those pics asap! :D

kellyahern said:
love the shot of the plane! :bow: :cool:

I was totally fumbling with my camera to try to get it all ready in time argh!! Could have got a great shot but just a sec too slow lol.

Is there a big line when you get there to exchange your GA tix to wrist bands? What is the procedure, any helpful hints?

chandito96 said:
Is there a big line when you get there to exchange your GA tix to wrist bands? What is the procedure, any helpful hints?

Honestly I really think it depends on the venue. This show was very organized. Once it was time to line up we just lined up according to our numbered wristbands that we got in the morning. When they started letting us in it was just one line until the main doors then we split up according to what our tickets said. They cut off our GA line wristbands. Then we go in to seperate doors (but right next to each other) and show our ticket and get a floor wristband. Then we go to the next guy and they scan the ticket to see if we get into the ellipse. If U2 Vertigo Tour shows up on the computer screen you then go to the main table to get a second wristband. It actually worked out well, however, there always seems to be plenty of space in the ellipse even after the show starts. My guess is not everyone brings in their extra person. I think they really should just let more people in once they see that the ellipse is not full.

Sicy, your pics are fantastic! How lucky you guys were to get right in front! I can only hope I'm that lucky in Glendale on Thursday. Good for you!!

I'm a guy...but I'm not afraid to say Bono looks very cool in those shots!

I have pants envy! Those are damn cool...

those are some very powerful images there...great shots sicy!

im glad you guys had an awesome time!

Wow what a night!!!
I also had a wonderful experience that will never be forgotten!!
I ended up on the front rail outside the ellipse, in front of Sicys' boyfriend and as he said it was SUCH an absolutely amazing spot!!! I had been inside the heart but never outside the ellipse..but it was honestly a dream. Bono spent a lot of time right in front of us! After the lights go down we saw Bono coming down the area between the ellipse and the outer rail, and then the show opened with him right in front of us!! Incredible! The confetti was so awesome too!!!
I was excited when the girl next to me and I realized we were both Interferencers.....it was RedLiteGreyMorn!!!:wave: So that was really cool too.
After reading all the stories about the pushing/shoving outside the ellipse, I was blown away at how wonderful our experience was. I thank everyone behind us for being so courteous, I never felt any pushing whatsoever.
I am still on cloud 9 myself, have no voice, and have a headache still today from not drinking anything all day so I wouldnt have to leave to use the restroom! Definitely drained me, but so worth it to have such an amazing night.
Sicy, it was exciting to see you inside the ellipse I was happy for you and April :) And it was fun waving to eachother from front row to front row :wink:
The Vertigo plane flying in was also an incredible moment!!!
Im about to go pick up my pictures....I was so excited that I used my whole roll within the 1st few songs and then when Bman was right in front of me I was out lol. ANyways I will post pics as soon as I can.
Also the show itself was SO much better than SD1, not because of our spot in the arena, but the band was having fun, they were so into it!! Bono was very chatty, went on and on with his Pope story which I loved! He also gave Adam a kiss on the cheek when they were both in front of us!!! Awesome. So many amazing moments!!!
Tonite I will be in the stands with my mom and I cant wait!!! :hyper:

U2SJ said:
I was excited when the girl next to me and I realized we were both Interferencers.....it was RedLiteGreyMorn!!!:wave: So that was really cool too.

bye.gif

It was so great to meet you! It was wonderful being next to a fellow Interferencer for the show, and another girl I met in the GA line was on my other side -- we had bonded earlier over running to see Bono when he was working the autograph line out back.
love.gif
Our location was perfect. I have to say one of the most amazing moments was during SYCMIOYO when Bono stood right in front of us for that amzing note he hits -- "Can you hear me when I siiiing". . . it gave me goosebumps.

I'm out of it today as well, so I can't put my thoughts together well enough for a full review. I can't wait to see your pics U2SJ. You are so lucky to be going back tonight! Have a great time!
smiliedance.gif

I don't know if Sicy or April got doused - But Bono did toss a bunch of water into the Ellipse. I forget which song it was, though. Might've been Electric Co.

U2SJ said:
Wow what a night!!!
I also had a wonderful experience that will never be forgotten!!
I ended up on the front rail outside the ellipse, in front of Sicys' boyfriend and as he said it was SUCH an absolutely amazing spot!!! I had been inside the heart but never outside the ellipse..but it was honestly a dream. Bono spent a lot of time right in front of us! After the lights go down we saw Bono coming down the area between the ellipse and the outer rail, and then the show opened with him right in front of us!! Incredible! The confetti was so awesome too!!!
After reading all the stories about the pushing/shoving outside the ellipse, I was blown away at how wonderful our experience was. I thank everyone behind us for being so courteous, I never felt any pushing whatsoever.
I am still on cloud 9 myself, have no voice, and have a headache still today from not drinking anything all day so I wouldnt have to leave to use the restroom! Definitely drained me, but so worth it to have such an amazing night.
Sicy, it was exciting to see you inside the ellipse I was happy for you and April :) And it was fun waving to eachother from front row to front row :wink:
The Vertigo plane flying in was also an incredible moment!!!
Im about to go pick up my pictures....I was so excited that I used my whole roll within the 1st few songs and then when Bman was right in front of me I was out lol. ANyways I will post pics as soon as I can.
Also the show itself was SO much better than SD1, not because of our spot in the arena, but the band was having fun, they were so into it!! Bono was very chatty, went on and on with his Pope story which I loved! He also gave Adam a kiss on the cheek when they were both in front of us!!! Awesome. So many amazing moments!!!
Tonite I will be in the stands with my mom and I cant wait!!! :hyper:

Hi there, U2SJ - I was actually standing maybe only 10 feet from you for the whole show. Just a bit to your left and a couple rows back. Never got a chance to say hi, though! :) Did Bono ever get a chance to read your shirt?

Hey Diemen, it was an awesome spot there!
No, Bono did not get a chance to read my shirt, lol. Hopefully in the fall!!!
I just read your review, God it was so awesome!! What a show!

Great pics,Sicy! :up: Thanks so much for sharing them and thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences! Sounds like an amazing time was had by all!:D

I can't wait until November- I got goosebumps just reading some of your reviews ...like what RedLiteGreyMorn said about Bono hitting that one note in SYCMIOYO! Wow! :hyper:

Sicy I love your story and your pictures :heart:. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I'm really happy for you.

:)bono: Bono coming to the window of the car is so cool.:p)

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
omg sicy, those pictures are incredible...you used your easyshare?

i'm SOOOOO happy you guys got in!!!

:applaud:

i love the shot of the plane, and bono in the truck. :cute:

I think that is my favorite picture! It's the clearest one I have :drool:

I did use my Kodak .. took most of them with no flash.. a couple with flash. I had to hold the camera very still though and if they moved around too much the pics were blurry.

YES we did get drenched with water! :lol: I forgot that part.. Bono threw bottled water on us. April got soaked, I got a few drops on me :wink:

U2SJ I'm sorry your pics didnt turn out :( Jim used a disposable too and they didnt come out.. because of the stupid flash! Cant use a flash..

There are a couple he took that were *ok*. I'll post them here in a minute.

U2SJ said:
Hey Diemen, it was an awesome spot there!
No, Bono did not get a chance to read my shirt, lol. Hopefully in the fall!!!
I just read your review, God it was so awesome!! What a show!

What did your shirt say?

Back
Top Bottom