MERGED --> 411 please! What was the experience like.. + GA view from the BACK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdtrish

Babyface
411 please! What was the experience like from the back of GA? - ANYONE?

I have GA's for Anaheim 2 but won't be able to line up early enough to get close. Assuming I won't make it into the BS, I would like any reviews from you GA'ers on the outer edges of the floor - thanks!

Last edited:
Originally posted by sdtrish
Assuming I won't make it into the BS

:lmao: Egg --> ellipse --> bomb shelter --> BS --> bullshit

It's going off in the bullshit! And oh, look, Bono's going for a run around the bullshit again ...!

GA view from the BACK?

I just read 17 pages of a GA thread and the original question was not answered. Please need a detailed experience from the floor (not inside the bomb shelter) My wife is short and hates the pushing/shoving in crowds so we plan to hang in the back.
will she be able to see anything? how crowded is it? thinking the rail must be tight - 10 people deep but must space out after that? any help would be appraciated. please don't turn this into a GA lottery review. Thanks

Rica,
i agree the merging of the floor threads tends to get a bit extreme and muddied--no offense to the mods who mostly are doing an unbelievable job with the traffic here...

But I too am specifically interested in the GA experience if I fell to beep or dont get inside quick enough to grab a rail spot on the outside of the ellipse....

No problem, we'll keep this thread open :) Just trying to keep some order here!

I'd be interested in in someone's view as well. I'm getting to Devner like an hour before the show. Unless I have a golden ticket I'm standing in the back.

Re: GA view from the BACK?

My wife is short and hates the pushing/shoving in crowds so we plan to hang in the back. will she be able to see anything?

I'm short too so I've been wearing my 3 inch platform shoes and it really helps!

Still waiting for GA floor reviews from the middle and back!

I'd also like to hear about this as well. I hope to get there reasonably early in the day but the show isn't until the fall, so who knows what could come up between now and then.

Maybe the lack of response is because almost everyone here is the type that's near the front of the line!

Re: GA view from the BACK?

rica said:
I just read 17 pages of a GA thread and the original question was not answered. Please need a detailed experience from the floor (not inside the bomb shelter) My wife is short and hates the pushing/shoving in crowds so we plan to hang in the back.
will she be able to see anything? how crowded is it? thinking the rail must be tight - 10 people deep but must space out after that? any help would be appraciated. please don't turn this into a GA lottery review. Thanks

If your not on the rail, its going to suck! I was about four people deep at the first show, Im short so did not see much, it was extremely HOT and lots of pushing. If your in the back you wont see anything, but at least you wont be suffocated by the crowd.
On the Second show I was on the rail! :)

I just posted in the other thread, before I saw this one.

I was back towards the mixing desk for Vegas Elevation and I could see everything. It wasn't as good as being in the heart or being on the rail on the outside, but at 5'3" if I don't get one of these two then I have to opt for the back because being stuck in the middle of the crowd would block your view.

Re: Re: GA view from the BACK?

tinsey said:

If your not on the rail, its going to suck! I was about four people deep at the first show, Im short so did not see much, it was extremely HOT and lots of pushing. If your in the back you wont see anything, but at least you wont be suffocated by the crowd.
On the Second show I was on the rail! :)

How was your experience against the rail? It seems like the pushing got pretty bad the first night. Was it any better the second night?

celia said:
someone must have taken a picture from the back standing. I wnat to know what the views like as well...

So would I. I have seats that are pretty close to the back of the floor (row 5) on the side directly opposite the stage. I think it'll be pretty good, but I hope the band members aren't mere specs in the distance. :(

:bump:

After what I've read recently about violent crowds, I'm thinking I might hang around the soundboard. I'm 5'6-7" or so, so I'd like to know if I'd be able to see anything. I've heard the sound is best around the board (makes sense), so that's definitely working in favour of standing there.

I hate crowds, but I was willing to suck it up and just go in for U2 and enjoy the show, but I've been hearing stories of people coming out bruised or very dehydrated or even having to go over the rail. Vancouver sounded particularly unpleasant from one thread. Now, while I was willing to put up with being in the thick of a large bunch of people and some crowd surges, I don't want to be injured and I definitely don't want my girlfriend to be! My vision completely sucks, but as long as I'll see something other than a bunch of heads, I'll be happy.

I guess another good thing about hanging around the soundboard is I could show up late and not have to tolerate the Kings Of Leon.

Back
Top Bottom