Kids Blown Away!!!!!!!!! And Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2ann69

The Fly
Went to Hampden, Glasgow on Tuesday 21st June and it was fanfeckingtastic, my kids 11 & 15 were blown away, couldnt believe the sight of 50,000 fans dancing,singing, jumping and they soon joined in, of course I was doing all three as soon as they came on haha. We had a great time, kids already begging me to take them to the next concert!!! Just a pity they didn't have two shows in Scotland as Im sure I wouldve been to both.

Hope all the ones who have still to go to a concert have as much a great time as we did!!!!!!!!

Ann

It is stories like yours that make me happy. It is stories about people just sitting on their hands during concerts that make me sad. If I could, I would give their tickets to you and your kids.

Chris in New Hampshire USA

u2ann69 said:
Went to Hampden, Glasgow on Tuesday 21st June and it was fanfeckingtastic, my kids 11 & 15 were blown away, couldnt believe the sight of 50,000 fans dancing,singing, jumping and they soon joined in, of course I was doing all three as soon as they came on haha. We had a great time, kids already begging me to take them to the next concert!!! Just a pity they didn't have two shows in Scotland as Im sure I wouldve been to both.

Hope all the ones who have still to go to a concert have as much a great time as we did!!!!!!!!

Ann

Glad you and the kids made it and had such a great time Ann! Even I was jumping up and down like an 11 year old in the enclosure (Not the Bomb Shelter sadly).

Just listening to the boot now - sigh :)

thanks for the replies, I can't understand anyone not getting up off their seat - you can't do anything but stand up and sing and dance and jump. The music takes over your body haha There were people in their late 50's in our section and they were up aswell - Great time!!! Hope you had a great time aswell stevec although that is a silly question!! Hope you had a great time Chris in New Hampshire and hope you were jumping around aswell!!

u2ann69 said:
thanks for the replies, I can't understand anyone not getting up off their seat - you can't do anything but stand up and sing and dance and jump. The music takes over your body haha There were people in their late 50's in our section and they were up aswell - Great time!!! Hope you had a great time aswell stevec although that is a silly question!! Hope you had a great time Chris in New Hampshire and hope you were jumping around aswell!!

I was indeed jumping around at two of the three Boston shows in May, and will be again on October 3 and 4 when they return. Not to diminish the band's influence, but a concert is--largely--made good (or not) by virtue of how the fans interact during the show. I've said many times that there is more collective energy at a U2 show than at perhaps any other event...World Cup soccer, The Super Bowl, you name it. At those events there is often a major moment (or moments) of excitement, followed by long periods of, well, nothing. At a U2 show, it is high-energy all the time. And the bigger point I want to make is that it is GOOD energy! I am a father of an 18-year-old son (I took him to the May 26 Boston show...arguably one of the best shows during the first U.S. leg) and a nine-year-old daughter. U2 (and I speak beyond the four musicians) are simply GOOD PEOPLE with GOOD ENTERTAINMENT. I could go on, but I am certainly preaching to the choir here...you folks understand what I mean:yes:

2 shows in scotland!?!?!??? i met a few scotish u2 fans and they were drunk as fuck, imagine 2 days on the piss lol the scotish will be in dream land :wink:

I am just back from croke park 2 and talking of kids the woman next to us had her 12 year old daughter who is also a u2 fan.. the expression on her face when Bono and Co came out was pricless she couldn't believe her eyes she was seeing them for real,

by the time they got to doing where the streets have no name she was overwhelmed by it all and was crying after listening to Bono's speech about doing away with poverty and her mum had to hug her

I wanted to hug her to and it made me all emotional:sad:

But I had a brilliant time:) :up:

bono185 said:
2 shows in scotland!?!?!??? i met a few scotish u2 fans and they were drunk as fuck, imagine 2 days on the piss lol the scotish will be in dream land :wink:

I take great offence to the suggestion that us Scots are all drunkards! Now shut up, buy me a large scotch and we'll say no more about it :wink:

PS I was sober...didn't want to forget I'd actually been to a U2 concert that week LOL

it is true though, I met heaps of drunk ppl and how they managed to remember anything would be very surprising!! In answer to fullautoreverse - we were sitting (although didnt sit down) as I thought it could be too unsafe for an 11 year old to be standing on the pitch, she was desperate to get on the pitch but she is very petite and I wouldve been scared she got crushed or even lost - not good thing to lose an 11 yr old girl in a 50,000 crowd. My 15 yr old son would be ok as he is taller than me (which isn't that hard) haha I think i couldve handled two concerts in scotland although I can understand the point of too much alcohol but I didnt drink a drop as kids with me but as I said before some ppl were absolutely off their heads and wouldnt even remember they were in Glasgow let alone watching U2 - which is a pity!!!! They missed a fantastic show even though they were there haha

Glasgow was great! I was almost hoarse afterwards. Was on the barrier on Edge's B-stage, had an excellent time. I was so pleased that we got WGRYWH?, but I couldn't pick out my particular highlight- it was all too good!

glad you got there smooshcat and glad I got there, we were seating, thought best with kids but I too love WGRYWH's - I think that was only the 3rd time they have played it live

My friend and her husband were also in seats, they had a great time too. The crowd was fine where we were, but I've been in some scary gig crowds, so it probably was best not to take the risk, also if she's small she probably wouldn't be able to see much. I'm 5'11" and have had problems before. There's always someone taller who will stand in front.....

what I found strange was 4 ppl who were sitting beside us suddenly appeared on the pitch and then 3 guys sat in their seats and then proceeded to tell us near the end of the concert that they didn't have tickets. I couldnt even get 2 bottles of water in yet they got in with no tickets!!!!! unbelievable!!! but they enjoyed it anyway.

oh Im sure they will still be touring, my kids are begging me already to take them to the next concert, wish I could come over to US and let them see them again but the pennies wont allow it - aaawwww haha but Im sure they had enough to last them until the next concert.

Back
Top Bottom