I am the Party Girl Man!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the chords are Bm (x2), Em, A
i was actually playing the Bm open as I had seen it posted on a few tabs and it sounded right when I played along with Under a Blood Red Sky. But I noticed right away that Edge was playing it as a barred chord, so I changed it up a few times throughout the song to match him. It really doesn't matter- sounds good either way!
I'm still not sure myself how I stayed so calm- I certainly didn't feel calm inside! :hyper:
Now that I think about it, it probably helped that there was a long interval between the moment that he pointed at me and I knew I was going to get on stage (at which time I went completely hysterical) to when it actually happened in the encore.
I don't think I've seen LivLuv's pictures, where are they?
How do I post a picture? (Sorry, I'm kind of new to this forum, I'm sure there are some instructions somewhere that I should be reading instead of asking here.)
I'd really like to get my hands on a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Let me know if anyone knows how.
I will definitely share if I get video!

Alin - I emailed you the link to her photos, I couldn't paste it here since I don't have enough posts yet to put in a URL. :madspit:

Party Girl Man said:
well, right now the bottle of champagne is sitting on my kitchen counter (it's still about a quarter full!) and I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it.
thanks for the pics!

They gave you the bottle?!?!? WOW!!!! Well, you can either keep it and treasure it forever, or sell it on Ebay and make a fortune! :lol:

Congratulations! I just read your story on U2tours...it was a great account. We were driving through PA on our way to our wedding that day, and I was thinking of how awful it must have been to endure that weather in the GA line. I guess it was well worth it for you! :D

I was pulled on stage in Toronto in September....I also had Bono looking for me in the wrong spot and nearly missed my chance. It's a scary feeling isn't it? :eek: Glad you had such a marvellous moment!

Hey Party Girl Man!!

That must have been surreal. Congrats on being up there and being able to play some music with the guys. I don't know what I would have done if he singled me out, lol.

You done good!

Congratulations once again! :hyper:

Here you go! The uncropped originals will follow via email shortly :D

f0xaow.jpg

f0xbph.jpg

Alright, this is shameless, but I'm officially nicking the idea. I give full credit to Alin for coming up with it though.

thanks everybody for all the pictures & response!

sorry for the slow replies - my internet access situation is less than ideal. :sigh:

inmyplace13 - i'm not the first to do it, and I'm sure I won't be the last! you can try, but I'm also sure Bono doesn't acquiesce to every sign he sees. Personally I think I was just there on the right night, in the right spot. :)

I have a ton of e-mail to respond to- I promise I'll get to all of it asap!

Larry Mullen's Pop Angel - you (kind of) caught the Edge patting me on the head! That's the first picture I've gotten of that. I think I bowed as a gesture of thanks to Bono and Edge as I was about to leave the stage and Edge kind of rustled my hair, like a dad does to his son. It was really funny!:happy:

Party Girl Man said:
Larry Mullen's Pop Angel - you (kind of) caught the Edge patting me on the head! That's the first picture I've gotten of that. I think I bowed as a gesture of thanks to Bono and Edge as I was about to leave the stage and Edge kind of rustled my hair, like a dad does to his son. It was really funny!:happy:

It was great! We call it the Edge Blessing, hehe. :wink:

Hey Alin, I just found another shot of you that you might be interested in. I thought it was originally beyond saving, but after brightening it up about 1000%, I can finally see something in the photo!

30.jpg

Party Girl Man said:

inmyplace13 - i'm not the first to do it, and I'm sure I won't be the last! you can try, but I'm also sure Bono doesn't acquiesce to every sign he sees. Personally I think I was just there on the right night, in the right spot. :)

Well, I tried. Adam saw it and gave me a little chuckle, and I know for a fact Edge saw it, but I guess you were right about the right place at the right time. I'm thinking perhaps Bono will only take someone from outside of the ellipse.

In any case, congrats again. You lived my dream!

Y2K said:
Hey Alin, I just found another shot of you that you might be interested in. I thought it was originally beyond saving, but after brightening it up about 1000%, I can finally see something in the photo!

30.jpg

WOW!!!!:drool:

cool photo Y2K! (if you look closely, you can see me holding Edge's pick)

i'm sorry inmyplace13 :sad: maybe you can try at a coldplay show! though i've never heard of chris martin doing anything of the sort. but there's always a first!

i'd like to share some video that I've received of my performance, for anyone interested. i'll upload it to .com as soon as I get on broadband :)sigh:) and post the link here.

(is there a better way to share 70mb of video that I'm not aware of?)

Back
Top Bottom