Feelings on Hartford - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:50 AM
Feelings on Hartford

I am still recovering from the cold temps last night but the band put on a good show. My brother and I were 2nd row behind the rail (center) on the outside of the elipse. Highlights for me were Gloria, Stuck in a Moment (just because Edge was playing right in front of me), and OOTS. Species is the best song off the album and they have nailed it live after trying to find it in the beginning of the tour. I now know that many of you find this lame now butI had made a sign that said ME+U2=BEST CRUMBS....I was hoping to get on stage and play the song. I told the fans around and behind me that I would be holding up the sign during the show but I would not be a nusaince. I brought it up only during Love and Peace, Streets, and Stuck (I didn't keep it up the whole time either) Thanks to the great fans around me who tried to help me. Bono saw the sign after "stuck" and mouthed to me-not tonight. This is cool because they had another agenda for John Lennon. I felt sad because I might not see this band for another 4 years....thanks guys for the love and faith you bring all of us.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
Babyface

Local Time: 07:50 AM
I was right near you! I was on the right side, front row. Actually, I think I was standing behind you in line for the whole day. We were the ones handing out candy.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
War Child

I saw your sign. I got into the elipse for the first time, which was surreal! Crumbs would have been great, but the John Lennon tribute was cool.
"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by withoutyou14
I was right near you! I was on the right side, front row. Actually, I think I was standing behind you in line for the whole day. We were the ones handing out candy.
thanks the candy was damn good...........my brother and I enjoyed the candy.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #5
Babyface

i saw your sign, too. i was incredibly lucky yesterday. i scored a ga off ticketmaster, and i got scanned into the ellipse. there was SO much room in there. i was all over that mother-fucker. i got right out to the tip of the ellipse for love and peace and stuck in a moment. incredible! i'm so exhausted from sheer excitement.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
The Fly

Hey Swan! I was right in front of you with my four friends, I'm the one with the red hair. Thanks for being cool neighbors on the floor with us, too bad we had some not so hot neighbors who pushed their way up. We all passed on the ellipse to be the first on the floor and grab that spot (gave our scan to the girls who were near us in line) and weren't too psyched to have to miss half of Streets because of some idiots behind us. But hey. Love and Peace rocked my world.

Thanks for the candy withoutyou14. That twix saved me.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
War Child

I remember you! I was also one of the ones handing out candy, nice to meet you!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
The Fly

Right on! One of you guys had a BC sweatshirt on. I was going to give you a "go eagles!", but I was busy studying for the BC Law exam that I had to take today after hauling back up after last night's show. By some miracle, it actually went ok. It's a good thing I have my priorities straight...

Let me know if you guys have any good photo links, especially Elevated:2001. I always love the shots where you can see yourself in the crowd.

Rest up everyone, no more urban winter camping...
Old 12-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #9
Babyface

I saw you

I was sitting behind the stage and I saw your sign. I'm sorry you never got to go on stage. The concert was rocking though!!! I saw them three times in Boston and I have to say that the crowd in Hartford was better!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaU2
Hey Swan! I was right in front of you with my four friends, I'm the one with the red hair. Thanks for being cool neighbors on the floor with us, too bad we had some not so hot neighbors who pushed their way up. We all passed on the ellipse to be the first on the floor and grab that spot (gave our scan to the girls who were near us in line) and weren't too psyched to have to miss half of Streets because of some idiots behind us. But hey. Love and Peace rocked my world.

You guys were great!......so polite, but most U2 fans are....I am just glad that those people got the boot. they SUCKED so bad but you couldn't beat L and P right in front of us, Stuck was also very very good, I can't say I got on stage with them but at least Bono acknowleged me.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:38 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Re: I saw you

Quote:
Originally posted by lemon_pop
I was sitting behind the stage and I saw your sign. I'm sorry you never got to go on stage. The concert was rocking though!!! I saw them three times in Boston and I have to say that the crowd in Hartford was better!

Wow, I didn't think the sign was that big but I guess that it was if you could see it from there. I am not sad I didn't get on stage but I would have kicked myself if I didn't at least try. I had practiced that song for a month!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Glad to hear you all had a great time!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #13
Babyface

Quote:

Oh! I very much enjoyed the redheads for adam poster. And the fact that you all have been to 108 concerts combined. JEALOUS!

We brought a crazy amount of candy because we expected to be freezing our asses off. I was so excited we got to wait in the lobby instead.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #14
Babyface

Quote:
Right on! One of you guys had a BC sweatshirt on. I was going to give you a "go eagles!", but I was busy studying for the BC Law exam that I had to take today after hauling back up after last night's show. By some miracle, it actually went ok. It's a good thing I have my priorities straight...

Let me know if you guys have any good photo links, especially Elevated:2001. I always love the shots where you can see yourself in the crowd.

Rest up everyone, no more urban winter camping...
Ha, that was me. I am a big eagles football fan and my family has seasons tickets. Although my family is a little surprised I'm not applying there, but I'm looking for a college maybe a little bit smaller.

Hope the law exam went well!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:30 PM   #15
LDG
The Fly

I was so pumped for this show and can honestly say that I LOVED every minute of it, even more than the May and October MSG shows for a few reasons.

1. My seat was great (SEC 115, right on the aisle on Adam's side). Outstanding view of the stage, screens and lights. No one to my left to bump into while dancing in my little space. My knees and quad muscles still hurt from all the dancing I did.

2. Although I wasn't seated with friends, we spent the evening inside McKinnon's Pub before (and closed it after) the show. They were kind enough to run the Chicago DVD beforehand which set the table nicely. A liquid dinner was also an unexpected treat.

3. The crowd was fantastic. It was physically impossible to NOT sing every word of every song. They also played "Gloria", for which I was grateful to hear again. Absolutely over the moon!

4. The boys (esp. Bono) were in a GREAT mood. I felt as though he really enjoyed himself last night. Smiles all around.

5. First time I heard a "Rock the Casbah" snippet. Also, nice tributes to John Lennon and an "Instant Karma" encore that the crowd sucked up, including me.

6. The moment with the little boy during the sons of Abraham speech. When Bono ever heard that his name was Jacob, the look on his face was priceless.

7. On the subject of speeches, Bono definitely had the self-edit button on and kept them to a minimum. I found that highly enjoyable compared to some of the other shows where he goes on (a bit too often sometimes).

8. On the subject of Bono, his voice was MINT last night. (He also stopped on the ellipse right in front of me during "Until The End of The World" for what seemed like 10 seconds while we sang toward each other.) Freeze frame....

9. Finally getting to see a show start to finish this tour. (I saw the last two at MSG and had to leave to catch the train home before the last few songs were up). Ending with "40" took me back to my first show over 20 years ago at that same Civic Center.

I've read some reviews elsewhere that were mediocre, and I can't understand it. Or it just wasn't my experience. I'm just thankful for the one I had. Thanks again U2!!