19th October Washington - DC MCI Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Abstinence makes the Heart Grow Fonder-DC

Really, I haven't listen to U2 since the end of the Ticket Lotto for the 2nd American leg.

Haven't visited the boards or read the setlists or the discussions about this or that since then...not by choice really.

I rushed to the concert last nite @ MCI in DC from work; got in my seat 10 minutes be4 the boys came out @ 5 be4 9pm.

Amazing how being away from something makes everything seem fresh & new again.

I wasn't jaded or care what was going to be played.

Every song was unexpected & a surprise.

Yes the show seemed more mature but the crowd wasn't as "old" as I though it would be. Which makes me believe that there are still sophisticated music listeners out there in the younger generation.

Highlight for me was Ms. Sarajevo & Bono's amazing Pavarotti cover. He seemed @ the top of his game muscially & physically last night.

Yes, there were some songs I wished they would have played...but then everything WAS a pleasant treat. The dude in front of me had a setlist that he printed out...his lost IMO :|

I've been attending U2 concert's for 2 decades now.

It's a cliche, but this was by far their most natural, unpretencious, & professional show they have ever done.

& the best since ZooTv for me.

Peace.

I was there, it was just.....amazing. When Edge played the Electric Co solo, i knew that was the reason I played guitar, ya know? All the songs were fantasic, the milky was so cool. Larrys drumming on stage by himself....highlights of my night.

I also met a lot of really nice people. It was great.

This show was full of energy. Bono was having a good night. His performance in "Miss Sarajevo" was chilling. The audience was cheering him on. Wow. It gave me chills. The crowd "came and went" but mostly stayed up and in with the music. You might have read about the funny "water" incident. As Bono was starting his speech about his dad, he was yelling "Water! Water! Water!" and leaned down as a security guard or crew member gave him a bottle of water. He took a drink, then started back on his speech about his father, how tough he was, etc. Right as Bono was talking though, a crew member ran out from the stage and surpised him with a bottle of water. Bono turned around, shocked to see someone there with him, laughed and took the water. He said something to the effect that he thought it was his father returned! Everyone laughed. He took a drink, then gave the water bottle to the security guard, who promptly gave it to the fans in the ellispe, who fought over it, then began to pass it around to everyone! Funny!

I had read and seen that Larry is having problems with his right arm. Don't know too much, but his brace/bandage was visible. He did ok though, did not seem to have a problem. It seems they do choose an acoustic set after their first break to give Larry more of a rest. Just Bono and Edge come back out at first, to the end of the ellipse and play a few songs. Bono was funny, he said something about "Here's the Edge, we need the Edge. He helps me, and I keep him from the ledge," or thereabouts. Chuckles all around.

I like hearing them sing "Ol' Man River". "Stuck in a Moment" was very good and the crowd was loudly singing the chorus, so Bono stopped and let us sing! He did his dedication to Michael Hutchense before the song.

Yahweh and 40 were excellent and fitting endings to the show. Now can't wait to see them in Vegas.

I also was around when the guys drove into the arena. Edge, Adam and Larry's vehicles did not stop. But kept the faith and hung out until Bono showed up. He got out and everyone was cheering. He asked that we be quiet, and people did respect that. He was nice and signed autographs and shook people's hands. I was 3-deep and could not reach far enough, but to get close to him was very cool! He was very quiet, smiling and saying "Hi" to everyone as he passed. He told one woman "I'm not really supposed to be doing this, but I have to sign this book!" because she had his Michka Assayas book. He was very cool. Had his straw cowboy hat on, really wanted to meet everyone, but did not have time. Security finally got him to leave!

Funny how two people can see the same thing and have two different opinions

Wednesday night was a totally off night.

When Bono went into Miss Sarajevo he just killed the energy. It never came back. His voice was great, but sorry, Miss Sarajevo will never be a rock song- so don't sing it at a rock concert.

Any life that was left in the crowd was killed when he went into his 7+ minute spoken word preaching at the beginning of One.

The acoustic encores were lame at best.

Now Thursday night- now that was a show. Totally different vibe and it was totally rocking. They even did a few acoustic songs but they rocked as well. Nobody can complain about Thursday- they played OOC and Bad!!!

Well DorianGray, it was my first U2 show and it was perfect, excpet I wanted Fast Cars...my only complain. I adore Miss Sarajevo

I as well think Miss Sarajevo fits nicely in the show.
Bono was in great spririts on this night. It must have been a benificial meeting he had with the President.
I had just seen U2 in MSG on the 8th, where Bono was in quite a different mood. I enjoyed both concerts very much. The band really give it their all.
It was great to see Edge jumping all over the place at the MCI. And Bono was very funny with the Dad/water bottle thing during SYCMIOYO, which just shows how into the moment he gets.

Good solid show!

I was there too! I was a meter away from the stage, inside the elipse, and could not believe I was there! It was my third concert this year, and I thought it was going to be the same good feeling that it was the first two comcerts. I WAS SOOOO WRONG!
The MCI concert was the best one.Bono and the boys were like floating,the song seemed smooth and teh audience was completly in synk with them.No, I was not high or anything!
As I read the reviews here, I really got the dejavu feeling. I swear, it was almost a religous experience for me, I touched Bono and Adam, and while Bono was drinking his water(yes, right when one the crew members brought him a bottle of H2O)I screamed: Oh God, you are CUTE(yeah, yeah,yeah, I was completly lost in the moment, like hipnotized the entire concert and, what can I say?I love that man!) and he looked down and smiled to me.
I wonder how I can post pics of the concert here.I am new here as you all can see, and got very good pics to share, plus some video-clips from this MCI Concert.
Help,please?

Back
Top Bottom