13th July Amsterdam – Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, at the front of the row, there is a fenced off area, where 200/250 people can get in. In our case, when we came we were directed to a man who spent the night there. He gave us a number by writing it down on our hands (we were 185 to 188). Then when the 'area' was full, it was closed and no one could get in. But with the number on our hands, we were able to get out, go to the toilet or anything else, and get in again. Actually there were some people who climbed over the fence (at around 2 o clock or something), but didn't have a number. A few people noticed it, and they we're gently, but firmly redirected out of the area and towards the end of the row.
This was not all official, but just done by the people who were waiting, just to make it honest for the people who were waiting the longest.
Well, i don't know if i made it clear, it's a long story, but summarizing it; it's ok to leave and come back. I mean; the people sitting around you also know you, and it doesn't matter if you go away for a little while.

And last but not least: if you want a good spot: be prepared to run very hard!! And have fun!

Hey there :)
I was also in the stadium on the 13th... next to the left stage arm (outside the half circle), 2nd row and enjoyed it a lot. I think th eleft side is just great.. Bono walks by, Adam walks by and even Larry - only the Edge stuck to his side :)
I can just say amen to the reviews and have to mention:
LPOE was so great it made me scream my lungs out :wink:
Bono looked like some revolutionist and I would have vfollewed him into any revolution (revolution of peace or so)
awesome
awesome
awesome

And I am so impressed with Adam... I never knew he kicks so much ass live... It was my 1st concert so.. forgive me, now I know :drool:

oh and great pics everyone!!

P.S.: Larry looked so very sullen all the time... not a smile once.. I know he is not the smiley one, but he aactually looked sad to me :|

Last edited:
a-mole said:
P.S.: Larry looked so very sullen all the time... not a smile once.. I know he is not the smiley one, but he aactually looked sad to me :|

:D He wants to play Bad for us but Bono didn't approve :wink: :D

OK, here are 2 more pics from Wednesday. I'll try to write a report soon. :)

small_U2Amsterdam1063.jpg

I'm the guy in the green shirt that is barely visible, but largely blocked by Bono. :D

SuutBono_small.jpg

:hyper:

great show

This was my third U2 concert and it was just as good maybe beter than the other two. In 1992 i saw them on their ZOOMERANG tour in Brisbane Australia with support act Big Audio Dynamite (they were fantastic). In 1996 ( i think) i saw them in Rotterdam on their POPMART tour with Scunk Anansie.

On wednesday we were sitting in the very last row right at the back, you could not go any higher, U2 sounded fantastic. Some people thought the sound was bad but at the back it was great only the support acts sounded shit but who cares we only came for U2.
I got goosebumps from City Of Blinding Lights and from Pride and Where The Streets have No Name.

The only sad part was that they didn't play BAD and UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD which are my favourite all time songs.

If had the money i would have gone on Friday and Saturday but the prices were a bit high, maybe next time they can make it more affordable for more people, 70 euros is a bit over the top.

mooi foto 13/7/2005

fotos ontwikkeld
erg mooie fotos.
hier alvast 1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom