10th October New York - Madison Square Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yawn: Am I only the only die hard fan who thinks U2 seems to just be going through the motions on this tour. I have now seen them 4 times--twice in NYC, twice in Arizona--and I am struck by how scripted it all is, right down to Bono's hugging Adam on cue. I could overlook that if the playing didn't seem so uninspired as well, including what appears to be some lip-synching; a few times Bono seemed to be talking to bandmates while also singing. Being the fan that I am, I keep going back on the hopes that they'll shake it all up and catch some fire. And isn't it time to retire Bullet The Blue Sky. I did love hearing them do Bad, and they did almost catch fire during Electric Co. and Streets. Maybe U2 (and their fans) wouldn't be so bored if they sang fewer of the hits.

Clem2U

Personally I thought Friday night was a better show :uhoh: but it still rocked :drool: just ask conan he was a few rows behind me :D

clem2u said:
:yawn: Am I only the only die hard fan who thinks U2 seems to just be going through the motions on this tour. I have now seen them 4 times--twice in NYC, twice in Arizona--and I am struck by how scripted it all is, right down to Bono's hugging Adam on cue. I could overlook that if the playing didn't seem so uninspired as well, including what appears to be some lip-synching; a few times Bono seemed to be talking to bandmates while also singing. Being the fan that I am, I keep going back on the hopes that they'll shake it all up and catch some fire. And isn't it time to retire Bullet The Blue Sky. I did love hearing them do Bad, and they did almost catch fire during Electric Co. and Streets. Maybe U2 (and their fans) wouldn't be so bored if they sang fewer of the hits.

Clem2U

I must say that I'm a little perplexed w/ all the speculation about Bono lipsynching. Granted as a student, I'm relegated to the crappy $50 seats (I've been clear across the arena, side stage in the 400s, and behind the stage) so I've never had an opportunity to see the band head on, up close, but it just seems to me that Bono makes far too many flubs to be lipsynching. Last night be botched lyrics to IWF, and then there was the whole Pride fiasco. Are there some backing tracks that are prerecorded? *shrug* Maybe. But I think he's doing all the main stuff, wrong lyrics, huge gaps of silence, raspiness, and all...and although I'd love to hear more rarities, the crowd seemed to go significantly die down during Fast Cars, an relatively unknown, but upbeat song at 10/8. I don't think taking out hits is necessarily the answer (though maybe swapping out some hits for others could help the band keep it fresh).

My second Vetigo and I beeped for the ellipse! In my opinion this was way better than the time I saw them in May at the meadowlands. In May I was just outside the ellipse,-here I was one or two people from the stage. But I thought the band seemed way more passionate at MSG..truly magical during electric co, miracle drug, streets and sarajevo especially...

This was my 10th U2 show ihcluding the brroklyn bridge sinc the JT tour. I probably say its eother the second or third best of the shows Ive seen....

Tehy just seem so happy to be playing right now. Just ear to ear smiles going on....just a wonderful vibe...

ehh Im still on a high...

This was the first show I've ever been to at Madison Square Garden, and I loved it.

No setlist complaints here, but a standard "drop the SBS/Bullet bit," because that was the one point during the show where I actually felt a little bored. But the rest of the show was incredible.

Loved hearing I Will Follow and Still Haven't Found, but the latter especially because he said "Alicia, this is for you." Yeah, I know he meant Alicia Keyes, but what can I say - Bono said my name! :wink:

The highlight was the encore. After seeing the "slow" encore reign lately, seeing the Zooropa baby up on the scream got us all going where I was standing. Zoo Station and The Fly were just a sheer delight, and then a half beat after a second of disappointment for the announcement of 40, we all erupted when Bono corrected himself: "No, sorry, I meant Bad." The ending chant of Patti Smith's "People Have the Power" was just great.

Amazing show, amazing trip to DC. Thanks to the great fans I was standing near outside the rail - you guys were so fun to share the show with!

i'd like to think i had a fairly decent view of the show...

52023117_9a560f88da.jpg

... and yea... there was no lip synching going on.

if there was, give bono an oscar.

Back
Top Bottom