05th December, Boston, TD Banknorth Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was a really great show last night. I loved the part where someone dressed as Santa and Bono did a little jig on the stage. :lol:

I finally got to hear Instant Karma. It was awesome! :hyper:

I agree with everything U2Girl says. Bu I must admit after seeing them on the 4th, I feel a bit of a letdown. The crowd was great Bono sounded great until he took off flying around the elipse trying to catch Edge - his voice wasn't the same after that. Santa and Elvis were both in the building last night. That was REALLY funny. Instant karma sounded excellent as did Crumbs............More later when the hangover cools off. :wink:

Wow! Awesome concert in Boston. I was in the ellipse with my best buddy. I was near 2nd-3rd row (near the center). I was 2 rows behind THE REAL Santa and I've meet The Elvis after the concert (a very nice guy) (www.markelvis.com). I also meet one lovely lady in the Ellipse (don't know her name unfortunatly). Anyway, the concert was great and I had a wonderfull time. My hometown concerts (Montreal) were awesome....second best is Boston. I so Love this town!!!!

See ya next tour Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frederic

P.S. Me again!!

I have awesome and BIG video files (.mov) of many songs of this show (Boston 5th) (not complete, but some are like 1:30!!!) I will share them very soon in the audio/video section.

You know..I just saw the Mysterious Ways video clip from this show that I was at back in December and while the 12/4 got all hype, deservedly so...for the 3rd encore... this show was just as good.

They played Crumbs, Gloria and Instant Karma...all rarities during this tour but they also had more snippets than ever.....

These were the snippets: 13 of them!!!!

City Of Blinding Lights, Hello, Goodbye (snippet)
Vertigo / Dirty Water (snippet) / Take Me To The River (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / The Promised Land (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) (snippet)/ Jingle Bells (snippet)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
One / She's A Mystery To Me (snippet)
Mysterious Ways / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet) / The Battle Hymn Of The Republic (snippet)

Thanks for listing all those snippets from the 12/5 show. I had just posted on zootopia my favorite highlights from various U2 shows, and hearing all the snippets at the 2nd Boston show last Dec. was definitely one of them - especially "She's a Mystery to Me". They were each like little Christmas gifts.

No problem....this was a really fun show...a really fun couple of show in Boston; a city they just always seem to embrace. When you look at the setlists for all 7 of Boston shows on this tour, you just won't find a more diverse set of songs compared to any other city they played during the tour....NYC is good too but not quite as good.

Back
Top Bottom