04th December, Boston, TD Banknorth Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best sound ever

Wow, what a fantastic U2 show!

We we're GA about 10 deep dead center on the outside of the elipse, fantastic view and the sound quality was amazing, the best I've ever heard live.

Great set list, perfect mix between old and new. Until the end of the world was the most energetic song of the night with bono running around the stage and the lights going off like laser gun fire.

Bono out front of the stage playing acoustic with edge near the end on yahweh sounded so cool.

Original of the Specicies was one of the best sounding songs of the night, great live song.

What an experience!

This show as I said was really awesome!

The songs that stood out for me were OOTS, Miss Sarajevo, Bad/40, Fast Cars and UTEOTW. Bono was emotional after Bad. He ran like crazy around the ellipse during UTEOTW. Edge was really getting into it with most of the songs. Adam got lots of loving from Bono. :heart: What a great show! :happy:

I agree with U2Girl1978, it was a great show.

3rd time we have seen them this year and it keeps getting better. I splurged for my wife and got us front row in Section 21 a mere 4 feet from elipse.

Nothing was better than seeing Bono (and his razor stubble) sing SYCMIOYO right in front of us!

I thought the setlist was excellent! I really enjoyed the Clash snippet!!!

Crowd I thought was better than the previous shows. Except for the drunk bleep next to us we had a wonderful time.

What else is there really to say when you can leave the show and just shake your head the entire ride home saying I got more than my $worth yet again.

Let's hope it's not 4 years till they are back again!! Fenway in 2006????

This show was my 21st time seeing U2 and I know this is a bold statement because I"ve see U2 in thier supposed "Prime". This may have been the best show I've ever seen. I hope tonight will be even just half as good and I'll be happy. OOTS, Miss Serejavo and Bad/40. I've FINALLY witnessed Bad on this tour. I went to the Patriots/Jets game and I didn't get to my seat until the opening chords of Wake Up - Who's the band that plays that song??? More later...............

:wink:

Last edited:
Santa was very happy standing two deep in front of the Edge. It will be my favorite show for eternity. I cannot imagine it gets any better than last night.

I thought nothing could beat my experience in October (front row against the outer rail, AMAZING show!). I was wrong though. Set list wise, last night just blew me away.

I really wish I was going tonight, but hey. 2 days 'til Hartford!:wink:

I filmed almost 2 minutes of One, the part where everyone was pulled up. I'll be uploading it tomorrow and I'll be happy to share!

Amazing moment, definately one of the best of all three shows I've seen this tour.

This is so great to hear....It seems each show I have seen this show they just get better and better. This Boston2 shows looks like a GREAT set list tho and I cannot wait for the boots! Two weeks till Portland, folks......:drool:

OK, This Show was Stunning!!!! I mean seriously so. This was the last of my three shows on the vertigo tour, starting with NJ2 may 18th, Oct 10th at MSG sandwitched in that five show stretch in NY, and now this one. All were really excellent in different ways. I was also extremely fortunate to get BAD at all the shows.

So Jersey was a great show, they were in really good form and there was that spontaneous ISHFWILF w/ the bank robbers. October 10th, Bono seemed to have some minor vocal trouble for a lot of the show but by the encores (the fly :drool: :drool: and BAD w/ that amazing pple have the power snippet:drool: :drool: :drool: ) that had virtually vanished.

But Boston Dec. 4th was the best one I've ever seen. The band was in top form, bono's voice sounded insanely strong and amazing for the entire show. Maybe it was the nearly week off they had, but I've never experienced the band sounding that good and refreshed and I think that eventual recordings will bear out that fact. The show clocked in at nearly 2 hours and 30 minutes, possibly the longest of the whole tour, and they were having a blast. From what I've been reading about pple who went to the 4th and last night's, so far it sounds like the 4th even topped the second night's. I don't know, I wasn't there, but that's what I've read.

There were a ton of highlights but I'll just mention that I loved how bono did the "woo woo!" falsetto thing at the BEGINNING of BAD a bunch of times before the lyrics began, that was so freakin cool and I've never heard that before. And of course it was great how they spontaneously came out and did 2 more songs after it, ending on fast cars. On an audio recording, ONE is gonna sound really really long and drawn out because it took a good couple of minutes to bring up the one campaigners onto the stage so be aware of that. Until the End of the World sounded AWESOME! I was hoping for the "two tribes" snippet at the end, that would have made it perfect, but even without that it came pretty damn close. Stuck in a Moment and Original were both gorgeous. All in all, the perfect ending to my vertigo tour shows.

The best part of "One" was when the flag bearers were being brought up, one girl was trying to get one of the flags from the crowd and somone would not let go. So she tries to get Bono's attention and have him intervene to let the person let go.

On another note, I asked my wife if she was picked to go on stage would she have danced like the girl Sunday night??? Anyone have any comments about her dance and then what seemed like a 5 minute hug?

Most Incredible Weekend of my Life

this will be my first reply - I have been a U2 fan since I got my first CD player and Joshua tree was the first CD I purchased to go with it. I have always been busy in a weird way when previous tours came around. The last three times U2 came through Boston I could never get tix. This year I was determined - U2 tix went on sale the same day Red Sox tix went on sale but I decided to get up at 5am and wait at Filenes for U2. After the lottery I went from being 8th in line to 3rd from last. I then went home and tried on line for nothing - Red Sox and U2. Next I waited for 3 hours and started calling San Diego and got through - two tix behind the stage for the opening night of the tour. They didn't play Bad - my favorite song passed down from my best friend years ago - but I finally got to see them.

Fast forward to Saturday:
I walk in to a bar and I am met by a crowd of people yelling "surprise" - my girlfriend spent 4 months organizing a surprise birthday party. Friends from all over Boston and the US, family members from MA, California and NY - it was amazing. And my best friend from childhood flew in with his wife (I was the best man at his wedding and played Bad from Live Aid to calm him down on the way to the church). He hands me my gift - the new Vertigo DVD, a card listing our best times together, and inside are 2 tix next to him to see U2 on 12/04.

By Sunday morning I was emotionally drained, I could not belive what had happened to me and now I had to attempt to recover to get ready for the show.

It was hands down the most amazing show I have been to. Having my girlfriend (wife to be after this weekend) on one side of me and my best friend and his wife on the other added to it.
My friend by the way, has been to a lot of shows, when visiting Ireland his postcard to me was the War album cover, and he had already gone to 2 other shows this tour - both times inside the circle. He said himself the he has never seen the band as pumped as they were that night. They nailed every song one after the other, and the commentary and crowd interaction was perfect. He had always wanted to see a show in Boston (as have I) and this show topped his wildest dreams.

Before they came out for the second Encore he turned to me and said "don't worry, they're gonna play Bad, I feel it.." After Stuck in A Moment and Yahweh he turns to me and says "Uh Oh, it doesn't look good". Which was fine, the show was amazing, how could I complain - and then, with all of the lights off, you hear Bono say "this is Bad".

This was hands down the most incredible 48 hours of my entire life.

I had to wake up at 4:00 in the morning to drive my friend and his wife to the airport. On the drive back home I finally had a chance to reflect on everything that had happened. With the opening chords of Bad blasting out of my speakers I drove down the empty Mass Pike with the biggest smile across my face.

This was my first ever U2 show!! And I wound up front and center in the ellipse!! Highlights for me included I Will Follow, OOTS, SBS(the Rock the Casbah snippet was awesome), Bullet, Miss Sarajevo, Pride(the song that got me into U2), UTEOTW, Stuck(it was acousitc but it was beautiufl) and Bad. I was absolutely dying to hear Bad and I did. The "And so not fade....baby...not fade away!" part was very emotional for me. I was shocked when they played ABOY and Fast Cars.

Also, Adam interacted with the crowd alot, which surprised me.

highlights

A few other highlights from the show:

After City of Blinding Lights - Bono says "did you miss us while we were gone, we don't want you giving your love to any old rock and roll band, this is a U2 town"

I believe it was b4 Original Of The Species (please correct me if any of you remember for sure) Bono tells the crowd that The Edge is actually from the future, he came to the three of them in front of a bar in a time machine made in Boston.

STYCMIOYO - B4 the song, Bono starts by saying - "when my father would talk to me he used to start by saying the same thing "son, you take those fucking sunglasses off when I'm talking to you" so, for my father, I'm going to put these down here for now". He placed his sunglasses on the back of the stage and walked all the way to the front of the circle to sing.

Sunday Bloody Sunday - Bono says "America, this song belongs to you now"

Encore 1 - Until the End of the World - Bono and The Edge, started running around the circle across from each other, then Bono broke into a full sprint all the way around the stage while The Edge jumped up on an amp directly behind Larry and started jamming almost over him.

Encore 2 - After Bad, the audience started chanting 40. I don't remember the band playing any of it but the walked off the stage to the chanting with Bono pointing the light in the air. The lights never came on but the audience started clearing out.

Encore 3 - Bono came back out and said "No, we're not going anywhere yet". After All Because of You, Bono says the next song is available in Europe. He apologizes for the song saying "not that the song is bad, just that the musicians might be a bit bad at this point in the show". They played Fast Cars, at the end Bono says "Who's going to leave you with a song you've never heard before?" Then he pointed at himself and all four of them walked off the stage.

Just in case anyone is still reading this review, I know WBCN used to replay a lot of the Phish shows a few weeks after NYE or other shows. Does anyone know if they will be replaying any shows, especially Sunday?

What is the best place or best network to find a bootleg for 12/04?

Sorry if these are common questions, bit of a newbie.

an_cat said:
I filmed almost 2 minutes of One, the part where everyone was pulled up. I'll be uploading it tomorrow and I'll be happy to share!

Amazing moment, definately one of the best of all three shows I've seen this tour.

please let us know when u post your video

sam

OK I GOT IT TO WORK

thanks SO much!!!!

i am dying over here.

i am the blad gut in the red and white shirt...i forgot my canada flag...so i wore a canada shirt.

unbelievable

thanks again

sam b

Back
Top Bottom