The Excitement...Who is going to Opening Night in San Diego??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
I just got my confirmation email from ETS. I'm going to opening night though it is costing me a small forture thanks to the GA cancellation. But for the first time I'm starting to feel the excitement and anticipation of it all..

Who else out there is going to Opening Night in San Diego?!

I just can't wait to walk into that arena for the first time and see what is in store for us on this tour. I almost just want to get there hours ahead of time to sit in the seats, look at the stage, watch the roadies, and Dallas and just contemplate.

I just love the unknown answers to questions before the first night of a worldwide tour....

What songs will they play from the new album?
What will they open with?
Which old songs will they play?
How will they mix up the old and the new?

Will there be a theme to this tour?

How will the stage be set up? How will the place be decorated? Cars? Screens? Lemons? Nothing? What next?

What will they be wearing? Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam..

Will Bono take on a new Fly type character?

What will the t-shirt look like? The program?

How will the fans dress? What will their reaction be?

I just love that the new tour is almost here...it's been a long, long time since the Fall of 2001!!!

To all of you who have never been....THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A U2 CONCERT!!!

I just can't wait for March 28th!!!

Holy shit, it will be here before we know it....

I'm so ready to lose my mind again!!

Anybody else feeling the same??

:) :) :)

I am going too!! Got my GAs for opening nite!!

I can't wait either! 37 days to go! I have never been to an opening nite to a tour let alone U2. Always wanted to but they were always on the east coast. Now they are in my home town! What a sweet bday present!:wink:

Yes, there is NOTHING like a U2 concert and to top it off..OPENING NITE!!

as Bono says: "the spirit is in the house".

<<trying real hard not to lose my mind...:crazy:

Quick question, did u pay the $120 to upgrade to platinum or the other price for gold? I think I am getting hornswaggled for the Philly show. I know the flyer said $120 to upgrade, but my billing says -120 off a platinum package which equals about a small fortune. Please let me know. Thanks.

Sonicsmurf....I think you're right...it is a fortune...I was told it was an extra $120 to upgrage to platinum but I don't have the flyer...what was the original cost for GAs? I don't know that they are sticking to the original agreement.

I'm already having sleepless nights thinking about the tour opener. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! U2fanatic4ever, hope we get a meetup going...It'd be a blast. Hey--you and I are the same age! Nice to know there are a few other fans over the age of 16 :)

Please...to all of you that are going to "opening night" - please give us all a detailed report as soon as you can after the show. It would really be appreciated by many on this site. Hope you all have a great show.

you bet :) I hope you get to a show up in your neck of the woods!

3/28 San Diego

I'm flying in from Connecticut at 2:30 PM on the 28th.I'm 47 and I've seen the boys 6 times but never the tour opener....Spent $300 on 1 GA and $400 on airfare.Also I'm self-employed and I have pay someone $300 to do my bread franchise for 2 days...It going to coast me $1,100 for 1 show! I've told a few friends at work and they think I'm nuts.I have not told my wife yet--:) Thats going to be fun.:) I've loved U2 since '82 and if you have never seen the boys live- Its unreal..I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I'm with you--it's insane how much time, effort, and money we put into our U2 habit! I bought Boy when I was 15 years old in 1980 and have been a fan since then. In addition to flying to San Diego and to Chicago for 2 shows there, I'm planning on seeing at least 4 shows on the third leg of the tour. I was lucky to get through for presale tickets, esp. considering I was in Australia and had to get internet access on a slow dial-up connection from a hotel room! My husband thinks I'm totally crazy and obsessed, which I guess I am :) Over on the Gatherings forum, we're planning a get-together the night before the tour opener at the Chili's near the Sports Arena. Join us, everyone. We'll toast to the first show!!!!!!!!

hey miguel--it'll be great to see you! i'm in LL24, so we're kinda neighbors :)

no plans that I know of--I won't have a car there but maybe some of the local san diego folks will volunteer. if not, i'm sure we'll find a place to party :) i'm still not sure what time i'm flying in on the 27th.

I'm going to the opener too - my first!!!!!!!! U2 show and we've got GA's!!
I can't wait. I'm flying in from Florida and my friend is joining me from Toronto--it's gonna be the best!

wow--you're flying from even further than I am! I am amazed how many people are flying in for the opener, and wonder what percentage of fans there will be from out of state. Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom