MERGED --> u2.com - DATES IN A WEEK! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse chrissi said:

I seconded that :up:

just a word of advice - it is not advisable to stalk U2 in the hotel unless your new bride wants to as well. Under no circumstances should you leave her in the honeymoon suite while you ride the elevators up and down in the off chance that Edge gets on

be strong :wink:

thank you - unfortunately she will now miss the concert because she wants a quiet night before the wedding, and like i said I need to swap half a dozen tickets from saturday to friday for groomsmen and guests etc.......

we are now booked into the stanford plaza, who still had rooms available.

PS - u2 are welcome to perform a rehersal at my wedding, 6 or 7 hours before the saturday night auckland show

MacHat said:

Haha that's what I was thinking, we're so lax :wink: .

I love being back in New Zealand. Everyone's so casual about things, it's so refreshing. I've even struck up friendly conversations with the customs guys in Wellington and Auckland airports, even though almost everywhere else I've been, they seem to be quite happy to see the back of you (the ones I struck going in and out of the US were just plain intimidating!).

From SMH -

Irish supergroup U2 will announce the dates of their rescheduled Australian concert tour this week.

The band's promoter, Michael Coppel, has confirmed that an announcement is imminent.

That was on the 16th.... I am thinking maybe tomorrow at this point. We'll see.

Does anybody know the best way to exchange tickets between shoes, from nov 25 to 24 - as it will clash with my wedding? would ticketmaster or coppel be worth talking to?

scottdn, if your wife doesn't want to go to U2 on your wedding night, prehaps she is not the girl for you. It would be the perfect wrap up to the big day....

Last edited:
Shag On A Rock said:
The message on U2.com entitled "The Weeks Ahead" has now changed to "The Days Ahead".

http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?...&page=0#2259358

That message is now just entitled "." and it's been editted:

zootician.jpg

And it was playing elevator music but it just switched to Pearl Jam's World Wide Suicide....

scotttnz said:
scottdn, if your wife doesn't want to go to U@ on your wedding night, prehaps she is not the girl for you. It would be the perfect wrap up to th big day....

I think its a perfect night before the wedding with the boys - gotta make sure i hook them up with tickets - get up front, have a sign saying im getting married tomorrow - i dunno that might be fun......

Its hard to change the plans now - been engaged for over a year already planning this thing, people flying in from england and australia, so i dont think we could shift it

but shit, all going well ie ticket swaps - i will be at u2 with my best mates the night before i get married, thats pretty cool.

cheers
Scott

scottdm said:
u2 will play auckland 24 and 25 november

I am due to get married on November 25. the wife to be and I decided to book our accommodation for the wedding night today, hoping to preempt any price rise - so we rang Sky City to enquire about their suite to be told that the hotel suites are all booked out for use by U2s crew for their Auckland shows. We then rang the Hilton hotel - u2 have booked their suites as well. We managed to get a room at the stanford

So there you go - U2 in Auckland November 24 and 25

:ohmy:

First off, my congrats to you, scottdm!

:hmm:

So hotels are giving info out, hmmm?

Too bad I'm already married otherwise I'd call some hotels in Hawaii to inform if they have suites available! :wink:

Hehehe!

Axver said:
There was a rumour going around earlier that Auckland was November 24 and 25 too, though it hadn't been brought up much recently and I have no idea where it came from initially.

But if U2 have booked their hotels for that time, then I suppose that would lend weight to those dates, which is fantastic for me as it's out of exam periods and my father hinted this weekend that he might pay to bring me over for the shows. :hyper:

That's great, Axver.
Really :happy: for you!!!

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

I seconded that :up:

just a word of advice - it is not advisable to stalk U2 in the hotel unless your new bride wants to as well. Under no circumstances should you leave her in the honeymoon suite while you ride the elevators up and down in the off chance that Edge gets on

be strong :wink:

I have vision of a bride in frock and veil being dragged up and down the halls and going up and down the lifts..... :wink:

Axver, I'm surprised you didn't think of a scam like this to find out the dates!!!!

Shag On A Rock said:
Its still up. Zooticians message is now playing "Six Months In a Leaky Boat"

Aotearoa, rugged individual, glistens like a pearl at the bottom of the world!

:drool: Split Enz :drool:

blueeyedgirl said:
Axver, I'm surprised you didn't think of a scam like this to find out the dates!!!!

:lol: What do you take me for, some dirty Kiwi taking Aussie money- oh, wait! :wink:

I might try rebooking the hotel on the rumored auckland pearl jam dates and see if i get an answer there lol

scottdm said:
I might try rebooking the hotel on the rumored auckland pearl jam dates and see if i get an answer there lol

Ha!

You could just make a friend in the police, get them to sieze the booking records of all the major hotels, then "borrow" these records and leak any noteworthy info about bands with rumoured visits to the public. You'll be a national hero. :wink:

Axver said:

Ha!

You could just make a friend in the police, get them to sieze the booking records of all the major hotels, then "borrow" these records and leak any noteworthy info about bands with rumoured visits to the public. You'll be a national hero. :wink:

nice thought but they are too busy ticketing people for driving at 60kmph so i doubt id get very far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom