MERGED--> Hawaii rumor discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:
If it is the 8/9th, for those who are planning on making it a vacation, would you take the week before or the week after the shows off?

The week before & AFTER...hell I just might stay there forever..sunshine blue skies white sandy beaches, blue water every day, no more cold & snow....ahh the single life

Any of the dates mentioned is good for me! I :love: Spring Break! :dance: The week of the 10th through the 14th is my break, and Hawaii and Missouri are the only two states I haven't been to yet. :) The only drawback: I can't drive to Hawaii. :cool:

Hey if there was a way to drive there I'd go with ya Martha! I'm sure it would be one helluva better drive than that stretch to Portland......you were one BRAVE lady to do that last week! I was really thinking about you as we sat watching the weather. That's why I was glad to catch that glimpse when I saw you heading to the restroom at the Rose Garden....I knew you'd made it safely!

kellyahern said:

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday dear meeeeeeeeeeeee

Happy birthday to me :wink:

It's my birthday too!!! U2 and the men of Lost on one island!!!!

I don't know if I can make it there though - it's a bad time of year to get off work

:drool: :(

u2forlife said:
Hey Carmelu2fan :wave: I'll be your line buddy even though I don't think we'll have to worry about the ellipse lottery.

I looked into taking Southwest, but that would mean connecting before connecting (again) at LAX. Send me an email, I'll add you to my every growing list :hyper:

Thanks a bunch U2forlife... I hope you had a great holiday.... I am sure we can make some sort of arrangement. I do not have your email address could you give that to me?

:dancing: So has anyone heard anything new about the Aloha Concert?

Nightsong said:
From U2.com

This station is advertising a major concert announcement Jan. 9 @ 7:20 AM hawaiian time (GMT -10)
Star 101.9
Streaming audio is available :wink:

really?

:hyper:

*Edited because I am a dumbass*

I wonder how much GA's for the stadium shows will be - will it be the same as the rest of the US shows or will it be a set price for all of the 4th leg shows?

Last edited:
No worries Chrissi :hug:

*crosses fingers that she doesn't have to make changes to her already purchased plane ticket*

:crack:

:lol:

Miroslava said:
No worries Chrissi :hug:

*crosses fingers that she doesn't have to make changes to her already purchased plane ticket*

:crack:

but it's been pretty much established that the show is going to be on the 9th with the 8th as an add on (or vice versa)

I can't believe that I'm doing this :crack:

nurse chrissi said:

but it's been pretty much established that the show is going to be on the 9th with the 8th as an add on (or vice versa)

I can't believe that I'm doing this :crack:

That's what I am counting on :D

I am booked from the 6-16th, so I should be safe :hyper:

If I am going to Hawaii, I better do some sight seeing and come back with a kick ass tan (though to be fair, I'd come back with a kick ass tan in 12 hours, but that is besides the point).

Also, I just wanted to point our Adam's shirt!

jkg9ok.jpg

:D

I'll be asleep at 9:20am on 1/9. Hawaii is 2 hours behind me in the winter time, according to the worldclock link posted earlier. So I will wake up to a bustling interference board? And panicking trying to plan for tickets? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Miroslava said:
If I am going to Hawaii, I better do some sight seeing and come back with a kick ass tan (though to be fair, I'd come back with a kick ass tan in 12 hours, but that is besides the point).

It would only take me three hours for a kick ass tan. :wink:

Anyway, holidays are over so I can focus on this more... u2forlife, if you are out there add me to whatever list there is, I can't locate your e-mail addy now, but mine is popartist (at) gmail dot com.

Does anybody know if there are actually decent hotels near the venue? I wouldn't stay there the whole trip of course, but for the night of the show... The stadium is pretty far from Waikiki, I don't drive, and it sounds like a pretty expensive taxi ride...I'd also be up for hitching a ride with someone else. That is my biggest worry right now.

From a quick glance I took a few days ago, the venue seems to be reaaaaaaaaally close to the airport. So my guess is that I'll probably be getting a room near there just for the couple of days around the show and then move on to a nicer resort or whatever :drool:

And 3 hours would probably do me in nicely too, but unfortunately, I have become quite the gringa since my time away from Mexico :(

:wink:

Miroslava said:
Also, I just wanted to point our Adam's shirt!

jkg9ok.jpg

:D

a true sign if ever there was one

I think I've settled on the Turtle Bay Resort for a couple of days priot to the show and then something closer during the show

this of course all hinges on the ticket issue :crack:

and more than likely if I don't start tanning ummm now I'll be lobster red in the first 3 hours

I am not liking this hotel situation :yikes:

*prays that friend comes through with time share* :drool:

Pop Artist said:

It

Does anybody know if there are actually decent hotels near the venue? I wouldn't stay there the whole trip of course, but for the night of the show... The stadium is pretty far from Waikiki, I don't drive, and it sounds like a pretty expensive taxi ride...I'd also be up for hitching a ride with someone else. That is my biggest worry right now.

Yeah, I don't like to drive in a city I'm not familiar with :reject:

The closest decent hotel that I could find is a Best Western by the airport (about 4 miles from the stadium)
http://www.bestwesternhonolulu.com/

There's an apartment hotel that's a little closer, but the reviews are awful (one star, "don't go there!" types of reviews :lol: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom