IMPORTANT Montreal GA Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brejc

The Fly
Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but this is what it says about the Montreal show.

Please take note that General Admission tickets located on the floor cannot be sent by mail. Such tickets are to be picked up at the Molson Center box-office. The credit card used for the purchase and a valid photo ID are required to pick up the tickets.

Why don't all venues have this?

Last edited:
The ticketmaster link to admission.com now goes to the U2 presale page instead of the home page. Looks like things are progressing in time for 10 am EST

It's presently 11AM and tickets were supposed to be on pre-sale starting 10AM this morning! Am I the only guy experiencing this problem?

ensonix said:
It's presently 11AM and tickets were supposed to be on pre-sale starting 10AM this morning! Am I the only guy experiencing this problem?

nope!
I got 2 GAs for Montreal (because I was a former PROP member)

Don't be discouraged if the site doesn't work the first few times, I didn't get in until 10 minutes later.

Anyone used admission.com and will call in montreal before?

I live in California and will fly out for the November 26th show, but I'm going to Montreal for spring break next week and was wondering if I could pick up my tickets at will call then (prolly not, huh?)

Thanks!

That's what I'm wondering too. I have used will-call from Admission at the Bell Centre before, and I always get my tickets before the show, like a week after I had bought them.

I'm worried now because although the warning didn't specify that it had to be the day of the show, the confirmation e-mail they sent me did say it was to be picked up the night of the event.

I will check in the next few days, but that could be a major problem... What if I can't make it to the show? (there is a chance I might be out of the country in November) I loose 120$ and I can't sell/give my tickets to anyone else? That would suck big time. I understand they want to stop the scalpers, but that could hurt many fans too.

Anyone ever try to use a presale code in one persons name, and have the billing in another name? My friend will let me use her code, but can't go to will call the tickets with her id/cc to pick up the tickets (we are no where near Montreal). If I use her code, but my mailing/name/cc, will the order get pulled or do they not bother matching the code to the name (or are they just looking to make sure the codes are not used to many times).

FYI, spoke to Centre Bell today. The U2 GA's can be picked up at the box office any time after Tuesday with photo id/cc used. Should limit the secondary market but not eliminate it. Looks like it will be expensive to pick up an extra GA I need for my brother. Oh well easy come easy go. If any one ends up with an extra GA, I'll have a home for it.

Confirmation says "at the venue box office" which I assume means only the Centre Bell. They list numbers to call of (877)528-0786 (can) or (877) 528-0778 (usa) for more info.

This is very weird because I got my 2 GAs for the the Nov 26th show and I didn't see any mention of not being able to get them by mail. I even clicked on the 'Mail' option when I purchased them and got a $4.00 charge on my statement for mailing. I called Admission on Friday and the girl told me that my tickets will be mailed to me some time in April...Anyone else experience this?

This is really worrying me. I purchased 2 GA's through the pre-sale and selected Regular Mail as the shipping option. It is even indicated on my confirmation. I didn't see anything about having to pick the tickets up at the venue. Now I am trying to trade these tickets for Toronto GA's expecting them to be mailed to me. I just double checked my confirmation on Admission.com and it shows this:

Date of purchase March 15th, 2005
The status of your purchase Authorized
Event U2
Date of the event November 26th, 2005
Time of the event 7:30 PM
Number of tickets 2
Price zone general admission
Method of delivery Regular mail (North America Only)
Total amount $125.00

Is there something that is going to change?? I am very concerned.

Thanks for your help.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom