Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticketmaster now shows a place holder titled "U2//Vertigo Tour//2006" (No dates scheduled). It wasn't there a day or two ago. Could they be considering extending the tour???...Maybe in Europe or the Mainland??

Thanks everyone for explaining the GA for me! That totally makes sense about having a barracade to split up the crowd. I also now have hope that if I get there early enough I might make it into the ellipse!! This is my first time seeing them live even though I have loved them for 20+ years! I want SO bad to get as close as I can. :drool:

Nuala, I'm sure you'll be right up there with the rest of us!! come camp out before and enjoy the U2 company...believe me, the experience is uncanny//

klausvan said:
Ticketmaster now shows a place holder titled "U2//Vertigo Tour//2006" (No dates scheduled). It wasn't there a day or two ago. Could they be considering extending the tour???...Maybe in Europe or the Mainland??

I think that refers to the general re-sale on Saturday?

yeah, i'm sure it does...remember Ticketmaster wouldn't hold a place for a second show, they would simply add it when it was available...

This second addition is probably their answer to internal auditing or function. To ensure a clean separation between the returned tickets from the old date, to the resale of the new December 9th date.

If a new show is announced, it will be clear and unmistakable//

damn... I hope ... I don't know... money falls from the sky at my house and I be able to purchase a GA and a plane ticket...

no hotels... strauight from the airport to the outside of the stadium :wink:

if there's a second show... imagine this...

Dec 6: Arive
Dec 7: Pearl Harbor day
Dec 8: In line
Dec 9: U2 Concert
Dec 10: Run the marathon, finish and go to line
Dec 11: 2nd show

:hyper:

sleeping's for losers :wink:

I'm staying at Outriggers, Waikiki on the 9-10, leaving back home on the 11th. Flying from Reston, VA. Looking forward to the concert and meeting my fellow U2 crazyie ppl! =)

Ok guys, here's the deal. I'm totally insane. Some of you know this, others may not be familiar with the fact. Anyway, I saw the band twice on this tour so far. Once in back in May 2005 and then again the following October. The October show rocked. 3rd row rail, Bruce Springsteen, awesome stuff. Now it's August, and I'm going to college for my Freshman year later this month. I'll be at American University in Washington D.C.

So, this crazy idea hits me today. How much would it cost to take a weekend trip to Hawaii in December? :wink: Yeah, it's nuts. The thing is, After that amazing October show, I don't know if I'll be able to wait another three years or more to see the band again! When they DO start another world tour in a few years, I'm probably going to do the week-long Dublin adventure and camp out for the 3 or 4 Dublin shows they'll surely do. That's Mecca, the holy grail. I can't wait for that, but alas, it's a long time away.

Hawaii, the final stop, the last show in what's probably the longest tour in U2 history. I want to see U2 again. I really do. The plan, if I were to do this, would be to plan probably a 2 night trip in December. I guess I'd depart DC on the 8th and come back on the 10th. See the show Saturday night, and spend a night and morning in sunny Hawaii. So, after browsing Travelocity and Priceline for a little while today I found it would most like cost $900 for the trip plus at most $200 for a GA ticket to the show and a little spending money in Hawaii. Now, while I'd be 18 and living on my own by December, the parental units are still providing a lot of the living money while I'm at school. While I wouldn't have any problem spending 1000 dollars for this little excursion, they will think I'm insane. This summer I made/will make more than enough to cover it, but like I said, I WILL be a college student. ;)

What's the advice? Am I being rediculous, or is it reasonable for a fan like me? Is $900 even right for a trip like this? Should I find a cheaper deal? More than anyone you guys can understand my passion for this band and something as monumental as this final show. Please, give me some advice.

Lancemc said:
Ok guys, here's the deal. I'm totally insane. Some of you know this, others may not be familiar with the fact. Anyway, I saw the band twice on this tour so far. Once in back in May 2005 and then again the following October. The October show rocked. 3rd row rail, Bruce Springsteen, awesome stuff. Now it's August, and I'm going to college for my Freshman year later this month. I'll be at American University in Washington D.C.

So, this crazy idea hits me today. How much would it cost to take a weekend trip to Hawaii in December? :wink: Yeah, it's nuts. The thing is, After that amazing October show, I don't know if I'll be able to wait another three years or more to see the band again! When they DO start another world tour in a few years, I'm probably going to do the week-long Dublin adventure and camp out for the 3 or 4 Dublin shows they'll surely do. That's Mecca, the holy grail. I can't wait for that, but alas, it's a long time away.

Hawaii, the final stop, the last show in what's probably the longest tour in U2 history. I want to see U2 again. I really do. The plan, if I were to do this, would be to plan probably a 2 night trip in December. I guess I'd depart DC on the 8th and come back on the 10th. See the show Saturday night, and spend a night and morning in sunny Hawaii. So, after browsing Travelocity and Priceline for a little while today I found it would most like cost $900 for the trip plus at most $200 for a GA ticket to the show and a little spending money in Hawaii. Now, while I'd be 18 and living on my own by December, the parental units are still providing a lot of the living money while I'm at school. While I wouldn't have any problem spending 1000 dollars for this little excursion, they will think I'm insane. This summer I made/will make more than enough to cover it, but like I said, I WILL be a college student. ;)

What's the advice? Am I being rediculous, or is it reasonable for a fan like me? Is $900 even right for a trip like this? Should I find a cheaper deal? More than anyone you guys can understand my passion for this band and something as monumental as this final show. Please, give me some advice.

You only live once. Go to Hawaii.

sonicsmurf said:
I'm staying at Outriggers, Waikiki on the 9-10, leaving back home on the 11th. Flying from Reston, VA. Looking forward to the concert and meeting my fellow U2 crazyie ppl! =)

so you're flying out of Dulles?

I live in Falls church near Bailey's Crossroads!

DCA for me!

:yes: what she said.

when you start school things get really busy, and its much harder to do things like this. and really, you might not have to spend $200 on a GA. People here on Interference often sell tickets at face value, and extras are bound to pop up once the dust settles.

go to Hawaii...and priceline doesn't even have the best prices all the time. check orbitz, expedia, travelocity, and cheaptickets.com.

Lancemc said:

If you booked earlier, you could have flown out of Baltimore or Dulles for 633.

You could get by on that budget if you are resourceful.

Plus, go for it!!

P.S. I went to AU for a semester during my Junior year. Have fun!

also, it might be cheaper if you could leave on Dec 7 than the 8th but you're in school. Do you know you're schedule yet?

Last edited:
Yes, do it. I'm in basically the same situation and I think I'm going to go for it too. I'm going to get a ticket on the 5th and work out the details later. It'll be one of the most expensive, most amazing weekends of my life. :drool:

I've been to three Vertigo shows (the last of which was St. Louis in December), and I'm already aching to go back. I just can't pass up the opportunity. I'll be kicking myself if I miss this show. Sounds like you will too. Join me in being nuts!

ruffian said:
:yes: what she said.

when you start school things get really busy, and its much harder to do things like this. and really, you might not have to spend $200 on a GA. People here on Interference often sell tickets at face value, and extras are bound to pop up once the dust settles.

go to Hawaii...and priceline doesn't even have the best prices all the time. check orbitz, expedia, travelocity, and cheaptickets.com.

ain't that the truth, but you don't have to take tests Ruffian and make up excuses for your professors (Damn I had to do that so many times!)! :madspit:

LOL!!

Well, I suppose I could leave that thursday afternoon (7th). It wouldn't kill me to miss one day of classes. Plus, Fridays aren't that busy for me (I believe I only have one class on Friday). Plus, that would give me a full day before the day of the show to hang out with some Interferencers! That might be a plan. If it's a better deal leaving then I'd definitely go for it. If only I can sell this one to my parents I wouldn't hesitate. It's an experience too good to miss. And I have to keep in my mind, by that time, I won't be dependent anymore, it really is my decision.

skjuls said:

ain't that the truth, but you don't have to take tests Ruffian and make up excuses for your professors (Damn I had to do that so many times!)! :madspit:

LOL!!

:lmao: i know, i'm the one making up excuses for my students!

:reject:

Lancemc said:
Well, I suppose I could leave that thursday afternoon (7th). It wouldn't kill me to miss one day of classes. Plus, Fridays aren't that busy for me (I believe I only have one class on Friday). Plus, that would give me a full day before the day of the show to hang out with some Interferencers! That might be a plan. If it's a better deal leaving then I'd definitely go for it. If only I can sell this one to my parents I wouldn't hesitate. It's an experience too good to miss. And I have to keep in my mind, by that time, I won't be dependent anymore, it really is my decision.

Do you have credit card yet? I'm assuming you're in undergrad.

yeah, I dont' think my dad would have let me travel like I did in Graduate School. Give it a shot and see what your options are. Flying out of Dulles and BWI is usually cheaper than DCA. Also, Southwest does a flightshare with ATA to Hawaii.

i gave him your address and everything! :tsk: absent-minded professors. i'll get on him again when he comes back in the fall.

Lancemc said:

More than likely it's cheaper for you to travel Thurs than Friday. For us we are shaving nearly $100 off what our April airfares were by leaving Wed 12/6. Good luck!

This was just posted on u2.com:

New Tickets for Honolulu, December 9th

Newly Released Tickets for U2’s Honolulu show at the Aloha Stadium
- with Pearl Jam - will go on sale this Saturday. All the details here.

As previously announced, U2 ‘Vertigo’ Honolulu performance has been confirmed for Saturday, December 9th with special guest Pearl Jam added to the line-up along with U2 stage manager Rocco Reedy with his band Rocco and the Devils.

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,” commented Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager: “The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill – a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

With the refund period for previous ticket holders now completed, tour promoters announced today that excellent tickets at all price levels including General Admission on the floor will be put on sale this Saturday, August 5th

Tickets will go on sale Saturday, August 5th at 9 AM and will be available at all Ticketmaster retail outlets, including Blaisdell Center Box Office, Times Supermarkets, BYU Student Activity Center and Mokihana Travel - Lihue, Kauai, via charge-by-phone (1-877-750-4400), and at www.ticketmaster.com.

Beginning August 7th, tickets will also be available at the Aloha Stadium box office: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Regular box office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Closed Saturday, Sunday and holidays.

Reserved tickets will be available for $165.00, $95 and $49.50. General admission floor tickets are $49.50 each. All tickets subject to applicable service fee.

Tickets for the previously scheduled performance honoured at the door.

I like this part: 'Beginning August 7th, tickets will also be available at the Aloha Stadium box office: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.' Yeah, I think I'll wait until Monday...or not ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom