Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know but can guarantee you I am not a Flyweight anything :lol:

I don't really fight, just kickbox for fun and spar with my instructor... gave him a bruised nose last wek... oops :angel:

Miroslava said:
Dont know but can guarantee you I am not a Flyweight anything :lol:

I don't really fight, just kickbox for fun and spar with my instructor... gave him a bruised nose last wek... oops :angel:

:madspit:

Thought About Hawaii

I know its too late for the 2nd show.

But it would have been a cool gesture if the band / promoter had donated all the unsold tickets to military folks in Honolulu. Man, there are tons of Navy & Army personnel and I'm sure they would have appreciated it. This would be consistent with Bono's rap where he dedicates Sunday Bloody Sunday / Bullet Blue Sky to the US military. This would have generate a lot of positive publicity & goodwill.

bfloxng said:
Did anyone noitce they are now selling GA20. When they had the first drop last week, it was GA18, which means they added at least 3000 tickets, which further means there may be 20000 on the floor at this show.

:hmm:

This assumption is not true. I bought GA's on the day of the general sale and they were GA28. Everyone has to stop concluding there are thousands and thousands of additional GA's being sold.

Thanks :) The DJ was very friendly, and very eager to get the ONE message out, he even put the ONE band on their web site! Just a reminder to all here: we still need more volunteers to hand out the 26,000 Lokahi-ONE signs. Please consider donating 30-60 minutes of your time on April 8th. Thank you.

Another update: the Lu'au party on Sunday April 9th.

The Lu'au party that is being organized by Malia in the Zootopia Hawaii Yahoo group will be held on Sunday April 9 from 5pm to 9pm.

So far, approximately 75 U2 fans have signed up (Zootopians, Interferencers, and other U2 fans).

If you would like to join us, please let us know before March 6th. The signup will close after that day.

More information in the Zootopia Yahoo Group:
groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006

If you have any questions, you can find contact information for Malia in the Zootopia Yahoo Group FAQ.

Enjoy your day :)

Hans

bfloxng said:

Ask the Canadian girl that tried to steal our cab after a night of partying if it is a good idea to mess with me... :angry:

I decked her a good one. Had a nice bruised hand yesterday. :angry:

So what happened was that a cab was coming and the three of us had been there before her and her group and she screamed behind us... ooh a cab! To which I replied, yes ours (without turning around to look at her). I started to raise my hand to hail the cab but I didn't know that at the same time the biotch was running next to us to try to get in front of us. Well, as my hand was going up, it caught her chin and whacked her nice and good. Snapped her head back. :lol: She was so drunk she kept running as I laughed and yelled at her to stop being a cheater. Someone else got that cab anyway. :lol:

We got the next one. The cabby liked me better. :madspit:

And yes, I did have a bruise near my knuckles in the shape of her chin. :lmao:

Miroslava said:

Ask the Canadian girl that tried to steal our cab after a night of partying if it is a good idea to mess with me... :angry:

I decked her a good one. Had a nice bruised hand yesterday. :angry:

So what happened was that a cab was coming and the three of us had been there before her and her group and she screamed behind us... ooh a cab! To which I replied, yes ours (without turning around to look at her). I started to raise my hand to hail the cab but I didn't know that at the same time the biotch was running next to us to try to get in front of us. Well, as my hand was going up, it caught her chin and whacked her nice and good. Snapped her head back. :lol: She was so drunk she kept running as I laughed and yelled at her to stop being a cheater. Someone else got that cab anyway. :lol:

We got the next one. The cabby liked me better. :madspit:

And yes, I did have a bruise near my knuckles in the shape of her chin. :lmao:

nice story but...can we keep it on topic pleeze?

bfloxng said:
Did anyone noitce they are now selling GA20. When they had the first drop last week, it was GA18, which means they added at least 3000 tickets, which further means there may be 20000 on the floor at this show.

Alright, let's talk bogus theories :hyper:

Miroslava said:

Alright, let's talk bogus theories :hyper:

um...not a theory, dearie.

Tm accounts for tickets in the GA section by assigning sections, rows, and seat numbers to every ticket. although tyran bought GA28 (i think), it's still a "section" (or "row," as the GAs have both a row and section) that could conceivably have 1000 or more "seats."

Any way, call it a theory if you will, butu you can bet your bottom dollar that they released thousands of GAs for this show last weekend. Likewise, you can bet a dollar to a donut (if you're partial to donuts, that is) that the field is going to be fucking packed!

(Also don't be surprised if the TM release contemplated a % of no shows--probably a greater percentage than most shows because PLENTY of people bought more than they were using and In know of few people who are going, "Really? A free ticket? OKAY, i'll fly to hawaii!). Promoters DO oversell events--it happens all the time, fire marshall or not. I'd bet they oversold (or are trying to over sell--given the fact that GAs are still available) this show by 2-3000 GAs.

Please Miro, save challenges to my 'wisdom' on subjects like kickboxing or blowjobs (which i know nothing about).

Leave the tickets and poker (and singing and dancing lol) to me. :lmao:

:madspit: [/B][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
All I got out of that was kickboxing, blowjobs of which you know all about, and poker...

the rest was :blahblah:

Miroslava said:
All I got out of that was kickboxing, blowjobs of which you know all about, and poker...

the rest was :blahblah:

well, you opened the door.

:hmm: Come to think of it, I do know quite a bit about blowjobs. Shall I elaborate?

Kev dearest, I know you had a rough time during the time you served, but there is no need for you to revisit your experiences just to spite me. I know it had to be rough. :hug:

Miroslava said:
Kev dearest, I know you had a rough time during the time you served, but there is no need for you to revisit your experiences just to spite me. I know it had to be rough. :hug:

Dearie, dearie, now you do know what I was referring to, don't you?

Do you really want me to refresh your recollection? Good comeback, but you don't need to think too hard (no pun intended), now do you?

Again, I am sorry I let anonrumdrinker into the tent for $20.00 can we just drop it now? :sad:

I've been apologizing every day since then. :(

Bogus rumour? Rumour that Kanye West is playing Hawaii on April 9th, maybe make an appearance at Bonolulu.

field size

I think a lot of you worry-warts are missing the reason why there are more GA's...a baseball field config allows more people on the sides. Also, the stadium field is a lot bigger due to it's purpose of being an all purpose stadium. So, yea, tons of people, but also a lot more sight lines.
Finally, one little word...I've seen U2 about ten times this year and I'm going to treat this show as a celebration. We all know what's going to happen...someone could post the setlist right now. so instead of sleeping out all day, I'll be wondering around the streets meeting u2 fans, soaking up the sun on the beach, and then enjoy a sunset as U2 comes out...don't worry so much about the show!

Which is what is great... some people worry some don't. Whatever works for you! :up:

I rather enjoy the way I do things before the show, but that's exactly it, it's what works for me.

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Which is what is great... some people worry some don't. Whatever works for you! :up:

I rather enjoy the way I do things before the show, but that's exactly it, it's what works for me.

nerd.:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom