Car - Cardiff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
I will be driving up to Cardiff, I wanna get my car as close as possible and walk the rest of the way.

Any tips on FREE street parking? or a cheap multi storey somewhere?

I dont know the city so as close as possible.... what do they do on matchdays?

Cheers!

I can't think of any free day-time street parking near the Millennium Stadium. There are some residential areas just across the river, but most of those, in my experience, have residents' parking schemes. There *is* an NCP multi-storey right next to the stadium, on Westgate Street, but it's not that cheap, and I really wouldn't fancy your chances of getting in and out easily on the day of the concert. Ditto the NCP on Wood Street, which is also very close. If you want to park somewhere that's a bit cheaper than the various multi-storeys in Cardiff, and if you don't mind a short walk, I'd recommend looking for an on-street space near the Museum/City Hall (there are also some side streets that go off from Park Place). You'll need to buy a parking voucher - try the University's Students' Union building on Park Place itself for those. The spaces closer to the shops are a bit more expensive, but if you go just a bit further up, I think that you can find spaces that cost £1 for 5 hours.

When we went to the tsunami gig, we parked in Sophia gardens, very cheap, and very near the stadium, but that was a Saturday, U2 are playing on a weekday, so you are competing with office and shopworkers.

I'm sure there'll be Park and Ride in operation!

Oh yes, I forgot about it being a weekday. Parking by the Museum/City Hall might be a bit tricky then, as - like Sophia Gardens - it's popular with people who work in town.

when will they operate park and ride though?

what if you wanna be there early? like 7am or something

how far is it from the stadium? i cant seem to see it on the map - what road is it off? or do you know the post code?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom