One Tree Hill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YBORCITY

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
What do you think the chances are that the Boys will polish this gem off and play One Tree Hill?

I probably could be accused of being an over optimistic person.

I'm so hoping for at least a snippet. If they can give Oakland a snippet last year, I think One Tree Hill's hometown gets a little.

Mark

Snippets are overrated. Who gives a damn if Bono sung two lines from a song?

I'm hesitantly hopeful. I'm wondering if it will replace Kite. After all, the new version of Kite is very "Australian" and wouldn't be appropriate for New Zealand, so perhaps they'll sub it out and bring in the very "New Zealand" One Tree Hill?

Unfortunately I think I agree with Chizip's appraisal of the situation. :yikes: :wink:

Although I'm probably a little more hopeful they will do it at least acoustically (similiar to how they did Mothers Of The Disappeared in S. America). I think full band One Tree Hill like was done on JT and Lovetown is a pipe dream. But U2, feel free to shock me on that one!

Blue Room said:
Unfortunately I think I agree with Chizip's appraisal of the situation. :yikes: :wink:

Although I'm probably a little more hopeful they will do it at least acoustically (similiar to how they did Mothers Of The Disappeared in S. America). I think full band One Tree Hill like was done on JT and Lovetown is a pipe dream. But U2, feel free to shock me on that one!

If it isn't Electrical Storm or off Pop it has a chance of being played.

I am thinking one full verse is likely - if the chorus was sung we would be lucky.

If they closed the show with the song, I think it would be one of the best things this band has done in the past 20 years.

May sound crazy, but it is my favorite song and they have not been to NZ in 13 years, so if they did it, fantastic.

I, however couple the fact that I am a pessimist and think that the band is too lazy/scared to get it rehearsed and thus, we might see one line, which I think is shameful.

It looks like there's a possibility that OTH may get played. Thank goodness I won't be attending the concert because I'd probably die right there on the spot if I ever heard them play this again, in fact if I get a chance to check out U2-Vertigo.com after the show and see this I still may in the very least pass out!!!:drool:

I'm travelling home this weekend and I won't be near a computer until at least Sunday so I'm sending great Vibes to New Zealand.

Last edited:
at least one of the new zealand concerts will see the encore: Wits -> OTH -> Happy Xmas (War is over).

definitely.

U2Man said:
at least one of the new zealand concerts will see the encore: Wits -> OTH -> Happy Xmas (War is over).

definitely.

Haha! Wanna bet?

U2Man said:
this board is full of pessimistic people.

Oh c´mon. This has nothing to do with pessimism. I´m just being objective, given the history of U2´s willness to do these things. I do believe that One Tree Hill is going to be played, but I highly doubt Window in the Skies.

thelaj said:
If One Tree Hill is played, it will almost certainly be before Sometimes or before Kite

Since McGuinness confirmed the song is truly coming, we can start this discussion.

It could replace Kite as the closing song, since Kite was extremely Australian-influenced.

I think Kite is here to stay. I doubt Edge would work on a new ending for it only to be played in Australia. Having said that, I prefer All I Want is You in that position.

MarcusOneTree said:

That's true! Say, do you know what part was snippeted? Was it the "Oh, great ocean..." outro part?

P.S. Hey, we share the same birthday! :)

He sang Oh, great ocean, oh, great sea sped up to the tune of SYCMIOYO. If i remember correctly, its all a haze right now.

20th is a great day

coolian2 said:
He sang Oh, great ocean, oh, great sea sped up to the tune of SYCMIOYO. If i remember correctly, its all a haze right now.

20th is a great day

Understandably so! :wink:

It's so cool that they played this song. As you can probably tell by my alias, it's one of my all-time favourite U2 songs! :dancing:

Indeed it is a great day. :yes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom