Mexico III Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :wave:

Well... the last night on Mexico was rather boring (just talking about the setlist, I haven´t heard the gig). Second show was the best of the 3 nights performed :drool:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End of the World
New Year’s Day
I Still Haven’t Found What I am Looking For
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo

Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets have no Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

Fast Cars
Original
“40”

PROS: 1- City Of Blinding Lights as opening song again :bow:
2- Achtung Baby encore :combust:

CONS: 1- Still no songs from Zooropa and Pop :tsk:
2- Filler songs as Stuck In A Moment acoustic and Fast Cars.
3- More bland setlist overall :yawn:
4- No bad Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5- Does anyone really want to hear Miss Sarajevo instead of Please or Running To Stand Still?

I hope major changes based on the second Mexican night in Brasil, Chile & Argentina

Peace :wave:

I think some people are going to disagree with you about Fast Cars being a "filler" song.

Looks like a good setlist. However, its not vastly different from some of the setlists they did on the 3rd leg that alot of people here were bitching about. So I'm sure there will be people here that hate it.

I actually prefer Miss Sarajevo way too much than RTSS , don´t know if a lot of people think like me , but IMHO it´s a way more exciting piano song , specially when Larry and Adam enter and Bono do the Pavarotti part.

A very good setlist yet again.
Still missing The Electric Co., though.
Mofo would be nice, too.
Fast Cars is far from a filler.
That is some of the best encores of the tour.

PROS: 1- City Of Blinding Lights as opening song again :bow:
2- Achtung Baby encore :combust:

CONS: 1- Still no songs from Zooropa and Pop :tsk:
2- Filler songs as Stuck In A Moment acoustic and Fast Cars.
3- More bland setlist overall :yawn:
4- No bad Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5- Does anyone really want to hear Miss Sarajevo instead of Please or Running To Stand Still?

I hope major changes based on the second Mexican night in Brasil, Chile & Argentina

Peace :wave: [/B][/QUOTE]

I was there, and sorry but you have no idea what your are talking about, 5 songs of achtung baby with updated visuals in a lot of songs, stuck was definitely an intimate moment between Bono, Edge and 80 thousand people and at least we can all agree that is not easy. Miss Sarajevo was one of the highlights with a huge ovation from the crowd, and I'm not even going to answer back that whole fast cars filler comment, and I'm not completely sure but I thinks this is the second time they close with 40 in this tour (in the stadium legs) but I could be wrong

Last edited:
^what he said, i think we should leave the comments for the people who were at the show, songs some people call filler could very well be someones fav part of the show

My edit, like it or not:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Until The End of the World
New Year’s Day
I Still Haven’t Found What I am Looking For
Beautiful Day
Bad
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets have no Name
One

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With or Without You

Fast Cars
Yahweh
Stuck In A Moment
“40”

Re: Re: Mexico III Setlist

Mofo said:
I'm not completely sure but I thinks this is the second time they close with 40 in this tour (in the stadium legs) but I could be wrong

Three shows in Europe closed with 40 - Dublin III, Amsterdam III, and Lisbon.

ponkine, I find it hilarious that you are complaining about a boring set, especially when you make Fast Cars a complaint! Now there's a true rarity to make a set exciting. It's not an album song and this was only its 15th performance ever. That's a treat if you ask me.

Also, I saw RTSS in Boston and I'm very much looking forward to hearing Miss Sarajevo when U2 hit Australia and NZ. Bono's operatic singing sounds excellent and I can't wait to witness it - this prospect excites me more than seeing RTSS. I'd like Please too, but elsewhere in the set.

I hope the Boy stuff comes back though. The Achtung songs are unnecessary, though I know a lot of people will disagree with me. I do want to hear all three of ZS, Fly, and UTEOTW, but One and MW can go.

wow, I love it when retards who haven't heard a concert declare it to be boring :rolleyes:

The setlist would've been amongst the best of the tour if only The Electric Co. was played. They should drop either Mysterious Ways or The Fly... though I don't really know which one.
And replace With Or Without You with Bad (why has no one thought of this yet?)

cleazer said:
wow, I love it when retards who haven't heard a concert declare it to be boring :rolleyes:

Please do not call other members names. This is against our Rules.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom