MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - Saturday Rehearsal Setlist - Whaddya Think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kennerado said:
I would take that setlist with a grain of salt right now, changes could still be made.

That's right. And I can't reveal any more than that. :wink:

Heh, does anyone hear actually like the pre U2:3 songs? I don't like any of them.....in fact, I laugh my head off whenever I hear "Street Missions" or "Lost on a magic carpet whatever...." because of the hilarious music videos.....

so yeah, I will boo if they bust out "Pete the Chop"..........but shall clap if they pull out "Treasure"........of course, the odds of that happening................um.........yeah.....

There is a bootleg called Shadows and Tall Tree's it is amazing with all the early demos. I actually like Life on a distant planet. I also like the demo's of some Boy tracks better than the album versions.

"Street Missions" isn't a bad song........I just don't really care for it.........especially with that 70's rock sorta guitar solo.......

kennerado said:
There is a bootleg called Shadows and Tall Tree's it is amazing with all the early demos. I actually like Life on a distant planet. I also like the demo's of some Boy tracks better than the album versions.

Yeah, I have a lot of the early boy demos and such.......they're a good listen, but I think all of the album versions were improvements (although I like "Stories For Boys" a lot better on U2:3)

I WAS THERE!

I already posted my comments on the individual songs that hadn't been commented in the "just got back from rehearsal" thread, but wanted to add a couple of other spoilers here....IT WAS GREAT!!!!!

technical stuff: the lighting was INCREDIBLE! I dont know how many lights they had total but it was a staggering amount. the light "curtains" were really cool, i dont know if anyone has ever used them before. they were like strings of light bulbs hanging from the ceiling and at different times different images were projected on them.

when COBL started playing, they dropped confetti from the ceiling for a while, also very cool start.

yes, they gave everybody a cadbury easter egg on the way out.

they did NOT play mercy (sorry for all of us), or for that matter I will follow, sunday bloody sunday, bad, new years day, out of control, gloria or anything at all from october...nor anything from War except for 40..but i will hold onto the hope that they know those well and dont need to rehearse them. the set list was a mixture of old and new and mixed it up a lot.

inserting stories for boys lyrics into vertigo was very very cool...lets hope they expand on that when the crowd is on the floor and screaming for it. electric co/an cat dubh/into the heart was such a treat for us old school fans...3 songs from Boy! And they put the boy cover art on the screen during those songs, also very cool.

the sound in that old arena sucks (and the stage manager came out and warned us aobut that in advance) but they put on a helluva show and rocked the house as if it was full. it was a night to remember!! cant wait to see the show in SD!

BigMacPhisto said:
Heh, does anyone hear actually like the pre U2:3 songs?

Yes, me. Some of the early songs are pretty cool. Not exactly the peak of musical excellence, but a good listen nonetheless.

RademR said:
guys, how did electric co sound? Did it have that same feel to it like in the old days?

Electric Co. KICKED ASS.

I think City of Blinding Lights and Love and Peace or Else will be the two highlights from this tour.

Streets still gets everybody completely amped, even in an almost empty arena.

Couldn't believe U2 let us all in. What a great night!

I mean, it all sounds amazing, The Electric Co., Zoo Station, Gloria, 40, it's great, beyond what I had ever believed. But Until The End Of The World MUST be played. I will be so mad if it isn't.

Oh, and a sidenote: All of you going to Croke Park (including me :hyper: ) needn't worry about Sunday Bloody Sunday being played, you think?

Last edited:
Re: SPOILER

LuminousTimes said:
Some cool special effects like smoke, lighting, confetti.

I think it's sad those are considered cool special effects. I thought the stage production was pretty boring, especially by U2 standards.

One thing, now that I'm awake, was that they really didn't use the "tip" of the circle that much. No set out there, no Bono/Edge "thing", just Bono and Larry during LAPOE, and a couple of times when Bono went out, and I remember Edge going out once...

Uh, no one's asked this yet so I'll ask for the Pleba girls, 'cause you know they want to know...
What were they wearing? Similar to Elevation? No over the top costuming?

Adam looked best nice wide collar dress shirt (and jacket?) Bono in Black Jacket/tshirt (see my pic) he took off the jacket at some point. Larry in "military black uniform type" shirt, Edge looking the worst with some scary vneck white tshirt on.

That was a cool setlist.
Chrisedge, I'm curious:
Does Edge sing the falsetto chorus in The Fly?
Is there any change in Zoo Station(supposedly it has a new ending)?
The Bullet solo - was it different from the versions in the last couple of tours?
Was there an extended solo on Love and Peace or Else?
Can you tell us more about Running To Stand Still?
Thanks. :wink:

Does Edge sing the falsetto chorus in The Fly? Yes
Is there any change in Zoo Station(supposedly it has a new ending)? Not much. I was in the front row so excited they did it, I was Heil'ing Bono
The Bullet solo - was it different from the versions in the last couple of tours? Yes, different and very rocking. Not as "extended" as past versions and while I was originally happy that I heard it was dropped from the setlists, it sounded great.
Was there an extended solo on Love and Peace or Else? I was facinated that Bono played the drums and that Larry got more time on the tip than the edge did. No idea.
Can you tell us more about Running To Stand Still? Edge on Piano, and Bono trying to play guitar. Mostly like the JT verison NOT ZOO TV.

Last edited:
Chrisedge said:
Does Edge sing the falsetto chorus in The Fly? Yes
Is there any change in Zoo Station(supposedly it has a new ending)? Not much. I was in the front row so excited they did it, I was Heil'ing Bono
The Bullet solo - was it different from the versions in the last couple of tours? Yes, different and very rocking. Not as "extended" as past versions and while I was originally happy that I heard it was dropped from the setlists, it sounded great.
Was there an extended solo on Love and Peace or Else? I was facinated that Bono played the drums and that Larry got more time on the tip than the edge did. No idea.
Can you tell us more about Running To Stand Still? Edge on Piano, and Bono trying to play guitar. Mostly like the JT verison NOT ZOO TV.

Wow, thanks. That's great.
Don't wanna be annoying, but just a couple more questions:
Live version of City. Was it good?
Is there some change in the Miracle Drug live version(extended solo)?
You said Stuck was terrific. Care to enlighten us why?(I'm not a big fan of the song).
Vertigo details(supposedly it was very extended)
Thanks again!

Live version of City. Was it good? Very good, Sound wasn't too hot but it's a perfect opener.
Is there some change in the Miracle Drug live version(extended solo)? Not that I remember, I was waiting for the Edge to start his little part of the vocal and didn't think it went longer (could be wrong)
You said Stuck was terrific. Care to enlighten us why?(I'm not a big fan of the song). Edge on piano, bono on guitar...enough said :)
Vertigo details(supposedly it was very extended) very extended at the end...seems they were messing around with it at the end, or just goofing off...a bit longer than usual. great use of the curtains during this...think RED

We'll hopefully boots will be up after Monday, I need to hear the lads for myself:wink:

The question for me is this buisness of larry playing keyboards on yahweh.
and it's acoustic?

man, my favorite part of that song is edge's guitar in the choruses.

anyone with more info?

Back
Top Bottom