MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - Saturday Rehearsal Setlist - Whaddya Think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LuminousTimes, you are the greatest!!! Thanks so much for that info on COBL.

How is Love and Peace compared to the album? Does Edge do more of a solo on th e live version?

RademR said:
LuminousTimes, you are the greatest!!! Thanks so much for that info on COBL.

How is Love and Peace compared to the album? Does Edge do more of a solo on th e live version?

Love and Peace ROCKED!! Probably my favorite song of the night. And to be honest not in my top five on the album. Live it was incredible. Definitely a highlight for me.

How did The Fly sound - like the ZooTV version or like the Elevation tour version? Also, how well did the band play? I've read comments from Bono that they are drastically under-rehearsed for this tour which might lead a fan to think a near disasterous Popmart-like opening night is a possibilty.

T.B.

since this is becoming a major spolier thread, Niceman was at the show and he said a snippet of "Hands that Built America" was used in Bullet the Blue Sky. :hmm:

on u2.com
Rehearsal Provides First Clues

U2 rehearsed their new show before a group of fans in Los Angeles tonight, opening with City of Blinding Lights and closing with 40.

As well as those who won competitions through US radio stations, the band also invited in a crowd of fans who had been waiting outside the Los Angeles Sports Arena.

City of Blinding Lights, played in front of a startling curtain of lights descending from the top of the stage, was immediately followed by a a trio of songs from Boy.

‘We’re going back to where it started for us,’ said Bono.

But not for long. Next up was Beautiful Day, the crowd already screaming the house down, and we were soon into three more songs from the new album: Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can’t Make it On Your Own and Love and Peace.

As well as a great set of tracks, new and old, there were a series of dazzling production innovations providing clues to the look and staging of ‘Vertigo 2005’.

But we don’t want to give too much away because that might spoil the surprise for Monday - and anyway the band may decide to change the set completely.

Production insiders have told us that they have rehearsed a huge number of song so there is a lot to choose from.

And as if being part of such a select group to see U2 play live was not enough, this was also Easter Saturday - as the fans left the show, everyone was offered a chocolate egg!

Rhino34 said:
So many wonderful things!
Running to stand Still sounds like it'll be a show-stopper!
And it's gonna be great screaming along with songs 2-4.

How long did the entire show take?

It was almost exactly 2 Hours. At one point Bono started to tell the story behind Miracle Drug but then stopped and said you all here already know it. So they skipped it and went right into the song.

I can't wait to see the opening with city of blinding lights :drool:

glad Vertigo isnt opening the show, like it where it is

nurse chrissi said:
on u2.com
Rehearsal Provides First Clues

U2 rehearsed their new show before a group of fans in Los Angeles tonight, opening with City of Blinding Lights and closing with 40.

Production insiders have told us that they have rehearsed a huge number of song so there is a lot to choose from.

And as if being part of such a select group to see U2 play live was not enough, this was also Easter Saturday - as the fans left the show, everyone was offered a chocolate egg!

Wow, the official site was on top of this one. Go figure. I'm most interested in them saying they've got "a lot to choose from." Personally, I'd officially call them the greatest LIVE rock band ever if they started pulling a Springsteen, and changed out 5-10 songs a night. That would be amazing. Imagine 40 closing one night and Love is Blindness the next. Or Pride opening the encores one night and Acrobat the next. Sigh...

I also think it would be in their best interest to do mulitple lists with all the multi night stands they have going. New York and Chi town come to mind. Don't tell me a lot of those folks aren't repeat offenders. One of the few put downs from the media on the last tour was the off complaint about lack of diversity in the 2-5 night stops.

that whole chocolate egg thing made me laugh.

david said:

that whole chocolate egg thing made me laugh.

I was not offered an egg nor anyone else I saw. Don't know if this is true or just someone being funny.

RademR said:
Luminous, did u text message that number ? Name come up on the screens?

As they weren't allowed mobile phones in by security, I imagine the text system wasn't properly trialled ...

I was there, and got an easter egg (Cadbury Creme Egg) on the way out. Left my camera and DAT in the car during the show, but snapped this outside when Bono came over to where all the fans were waiting (They let us all in!)

IMG_3814med.jpg

Back
Top Bottom