Love is Blindness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh_OMG said:
Hello, I already posted it in the News section..... but no U2 didn't play it all, they played the first verse only with edge. It sounded exactly like in 1993, but just 2 minutes! No solo at the end. But, belive me, I was shocked to hear this one, it was beautiful, magical, unreal.....

Ditto, it wasn't the full song but... OMFGXINFINITY! :combust: I'm so happy!!!

meh if theres no solo then its like sex without the orgasm

whats the point

I truly feel, that Ultraviolet what have fit perfectly into the setlist this tour especially in the Achtung Baby encore trilogy.
Think about it.. Zoo Station-The Fly-Ultraviolet...hmmm

Chizip said:
meh if theres no solo then its like sex without the orgasm

whats the point

As much as I hate to agree with Chizip (and he probably hates me agreeing with him). I'm underwhelmed. Its cool that they did what they did and a little unexpected that they picked that song. But the hype about it is way over the top for what was done. The part that makes this song is Edge's solo. Without it, I dont see it as the HUGE deal its being made out to be here. Plus, I still cant decipher, did Larry and Adam play on it also? Doesnt sound like it from what is being said. Splitting hairs, but if they didnt play the LIB bass and drum lines it wasnt full band. Again, cool they did it, but its not like the wheel was reinvented here.

I have a feeling where going to see the same type of overreaction in New Zealand when they do something similiar with One Tree Hill. Yes it will be cool, but it will be expected and not really that difficult for them to do. Now if they roll out a full band version of the song and play it in full. Let the hype begin, I will be right there with you! :up:

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching, but that's pretty much what this is....but it's not that bad :wink:

This goes in tune with what Blue Room and others have mentioned about LIB no solo...

Has the vertigo tour had the least amount of solos? I mean, it just seems like there hasn't been too many of those songs that we're just like WOW....like a LIB.

We have for solos that stand out.
BTBS
EC
Fly
MW

The rest are more just passing through the song. I'm talking about M-drug and other songs like it. The solo's are still cool, but it's nothing that stands out like Edge's solos of previous tours.

I really wish we could get a few songs that Edge could just go off on.

To try and link this back to LIB, I agree, without the solo there's nothing spectacular about the song. Great lyrics though.

BEAL, you forget UTEOTW..... the solo is really good. And I don't agree with you. If you look at the numer of solo (3rd and 4th leg) I think there are a lot of them:

UTEOTW
BTBS
MW
FLY

4-5 solos are ok at a U2 concert, tell me when Edge played 10 solos????

Yahweh_OMG said:
4-5 solos are ok at a U2 concert, tell me when Edge played 10 solos????

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show787.html

1989-10-13, Melbourne

Solos in:

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. All Along The Watchtower
4. All I Want Is You
5. One Tree Hill
6. God Part II
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Bad
9. With Or Without You
10. New Year's Day
11. When Love Comes To Town (though you may dispute this one)

Not sure if there's a solo in this performance of Knockin' On Heaven's Door or not, but I know Edge has soloed in it before. If so, that takes the total solos for that gig to 12.

I can find some other Lovetown dates with roughly as many solos too.

In fact, go to http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/song373.html and every single show listed there has 9+ solos (I used that page because whenever that song was snippeted, Edge played the shredding solo in Desire).

I'm pretty sure you'll find some War era shows with 10+ solos too.

New Year's day solo...... then count it also on this tour..... it's nothing compared to BTBS or Fly solo.....
WOWY solo..... I know this song was much better before, but it wasn't either an unbelievable solo.....
if yes, I would like to have this bootleg Axver :wink:

barbitapoulette@yahoo.fr

thanks a lot if you have it....
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom