God Will Send His Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2phan

The Fly
SHOULDN'T THEY PLAY THIS GEM?

it's my fave off Pop...and it's appropriate considering the Pope's funeral is coming up right? It's a nice slow song, like Miracle Drug, I'd love to hear it this tour

One of my favs also. To my knowledge they have never done a full band version, only Bono/Edge, like they did at Oakland Popmart that I attended.

Well, I'd love them to play it, but they won't. They only did a full band version once, on the opening night of Popmart, and it was a total disaster. They then played it Bono-and-Edge-only for much of the first leg before ultimately discarding it in favour of New Year's Day.

Unfortunately, they never let this one shine the way it was intended. It would surprise the heck out of any hardcore fan of U2, as well as piss off the Joshua Tree/anti-Pop people.

Macfistowannabe said:
Unfortunately, they never let this one shine the way it was intended. It would surprise the heck out of any hardcore fan of U2, as well as piss off the Joshua Tree/anti-Pop people.

Hey, I'm a Joshua Tree person and I think IGWSHA is a great song!

I think the song is crap.

Gotta be honest with you folks.

I don't understand the "Pop has no memorable tunes" argument at all, especially when you choose this song as the best of the record. Do not play it U2.

Axver said:
Well, I'd love them to play it, but they won't. They only did a full band version once, on the opening night of Popmart, and it was a total disaster.

*shudders when thinking of it*

...."I'll do better next time...."

Aardvark747 said:

*shudders when thinking of it*

...."I'll do better next time...."

LOL ^^^ I was at the famous Vegas show and it wasn't that bad. Of all the songs played off of Pop that night "Do You Feel Loved" and "If God Will Send His Angels" were the best played.

That Vegas show was pretty crappy. I've never seen a band stop a song in the middle of it and start all over again. It was easily the worst U2 show I've seen. I'll never forget it but not for good reasons. Trying to get back to the strip also sucked.

MusicalJourneyman said:
That Vegas show was pretty crappy. I've never seen a band stop a song in the middle of it and start all over again. It was easily the worst U2 show I've seen. I'll never forget it but not for good reasons. Trying to get back to the strip also sucked.

Were you one of the many who were stuck until around midnight waiting for buses? That sucked real bad. I remember being so hungry and all they had for sell were these nasty sausage sandwiched. Not the greatest U2 show, but one the most memoriable.

We started walking back to the strip and after unsuccesfully trying to hail down taxis heading torwads Sam Boyd Stadium, we jumped in front of one and commandered it. At that point, we (my girlfriend then, wife now) weren't taking no for an answer.

Ahhhh, unfortunately it sounded terrible the first time it was performed full-band. I think it left a bad taste in their mouth.

Back
Top Bottom