Couldn't they...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobH

The Fly
punch things up a little by adding some songs that are somewhat well known (to appease the newbies) and haven't been played in a while (to appease us oldies)?

Examples:

Even Better Than the Real Thing
Numb
God Part II
The Sweetest Thing

All of these songs had videos and/or recieved decent airplay at one time or another, so they wouldn't be totally unkown to even your casual fan, but would be treats to those of us who are tired of the Bullet/Sunday/New Years/Streets (Yes, I said Streets) routine? Come on! I already saw the Elevation tour!

And for Christ's sake, add Crumbs From Your Table. It's only the song that kicks the most ass on the new record. But I guess another piece of crap like Miracle Drug needs to be shoved in there for Bono, er, I mean God-only-knows-why.

Last edited:
RobH said:
punch things up a little by adding some songs that are somewhat well known (to appease the newbies) and haven't been played in a while (to appease us oldies)?

Examples:

Even Better Than the Real Thing
God Part II

I agree. :up:

The only way Numb could sound really good is if The Edge can get the guitar riff sounding like the album, it's my favourite thing about the song.

Miracle Drug is one of the best songs on the album, imo.

i think it would be cool if they had a website leading up to each show, where you could vote for 1-2 fairly well-known tunes to be added to the setlist for that night.

I know The Rolling Stones did a couple years ago during their tour. It was probably rigged, but it's a fun little option.

that song blows. its like vertigo rocks and then the album drops. original of the species is my fav

Back
Top Bottom