Coping With the Second Crap Album From My Favorite Band*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"WOW" you guy's have to admit, that someone writing about u2 in this way, really makes for interesting writing and reading for all of us. Instead of the tipical comments like (I agree, great article or whatever) The kind of article that forces all of us to say something about u2, and to take a real close look at how we really feel. We do have to respect the writers opinion though (Even if he is wrong:coocoo::tongue:)

:rant: I totally disagree with anybody who claims that U2 are no longer 'relavant'! They're more relavant now than ever before!! And certainly more than any of these bands that dominate the charts nowadays!! Coz as far I can see, most of them are just out to make as much cash as possible before disappearing into oblivion!?! I was asleep before U2 came into my life, unaware of what was going on outside the safety of my room, but U2 woke me up. It was because of U2 that I joined organizations like Greenpeace and Amnesty. It was U2 and their music that made me realise that you can help someone just by writing a letter! U2 is still the most influential band in the world!! I know, I'm bias!!! But to quote NME magazine "Buy the new U2 (HTDAAB) and keep rock's premier political pest in work"!!!!

Before I sign off, I'd just like to say thanks to Roland for your kind words. " Take this mouth so quick to critise/ Give it a Kiss".:wink:

Last edited:
Its not a great record, the hype was great for the record. IT sounded good when i listened to it on u2.com. A few more listens on cd u realise its not great its ok, could of been a whole lot better. Bono's voice is a bore now, at least on record. Live versions of the songs are better have the energy the album lacks. Bono sings it like hes' trying to make it sound nice, not enough raw live singing. Surely the others guys can hear that, maybe he got to big for people to tell him the truth, or he just hadn't got the feel of the songs. Like he said at the under the brooklyn bridge gig, im just getting to learn these new songs. Bono your album confirms this.

Last edited:
rev hesed said:
It's sneaky business writing and reading amateur reviews...the root of the amateur is love, but they often times mimic something else when writing about their interests/passions. A fan is someone who doesn’t make sense anymore. Their judgment is skewed; they’ve turned fanatical. I think U2 is a figment, a big idea that is not essentially quantifiable but still can be charted in terms of ticket and album sales. If you love this music, whichever album, you ought to do that. Play it in your car and while you’re making dinner. Wear it out. But don’t strangle it with over-analysis. Let the life blood flow in it, dance, laugh and take it for what it is.
Thats true!! They sound better just having the cd on not looking to close. Its because there is greatness with u2, and if its not great u feel a bit let down. Recent albums to me just make u feel it could be better. Is that having too much money, they too comfortable now. Who knows!! If u look at the sales of best of 1980-1990 it has sold almost twice what 1990-2000 best of sold.

You Know In Retrospect I Originally Logged On To Find Out Where I Could Get Concert Tickets and Read Some of the Articles
and Realize that its important to Listen To Everyones Views .

This Album is Bluuzy , and Deep and Has U2 Ways of Grabbing
You. I Often Wonder What Type OF booze Do They All Drink in Dublin to Think This Stuff Up , My Guess is that it is Guniess and
Red Wine , But They Seem To have alot of Fun with It Alright.

I Think for Sure that for The Next Album It Would Be A Good Idea
To Stand 50 Feet Back from Your Speakers , I think that they will
Go Back to the Zooropa , Achtung , Thing .

:rant: And I totally disagree with anyone who claims that Bono can't sing! (stops to tear the rest of her hair out!) Bono is the best tenor in the pop/rock scene today! :bono: His vocal range is comparable to that of an opera singer!! And anyone who says differently doesn't know what they're talking about!?! Yes, I'm totally bias!!
Although, I do agree that some of U2s songs do sound better live. They seem to gain an energy and spirit that's obviously sometimes hard to recreate in the sterile atmosphere of a recording studio.:eyebrow:
But U2s songs have a way of growing on you. The more you listen to them the better they sound. And I'm sure that will be the case with HTDAAB. So keep the faith brothers and sisters!:heart:

Take this mouth so quick to criticise/ Take this mouth /Give it a Kiss:kiss:

Oh yeh, dont get me wrong Bono can still do it live. I heard some live versions of thses songs and Bono is on it. Just wish the album had some of that. Maybe the studio dont inspire him. Also anyone know why u2 have not recorded again at windmill lane studios. Time for a change of studios, they are moving premises, this year. Lets hope it gives Bono better vibes

They moved out of the Windmill Lane studios coz the city of Dublin condemed it to be torn down! And the same fate awaites their present premises. But U2 have been promised new digs in the building that going up in it's place. At least, that's what I've heard.:eyebrow:

Take this mouth so quick to criticise/Take this mouth/Give it a Kiss:kiss:

Since when does being a fan for a longer period of time make the music any different? Last time I checked we judge music SOLELY on whether or not it's good, not who's been a fan longer and thus has the "authority" to tell everyone else what is or isn't good music. By the way, The Unforgettable Fire sucks IN MY OPINION, I never said my comments applied to everyone. I'm glad you like UF, but shit man, don't degrade me as a U2 fan because I don't agree with your assessment of an album, unless it's the original review writer because it sucked and I'm still shocked interference.com posted it.

I am locking this thread because no good can come of people questioning how much of a fan other people are. The reason why Interference.com decided to post this review (which I believe was a good one) was to show that not everyone was head-over-heels about this album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom