New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was just a temporary glitch. I keep having little things go weird once in a while for a day or so, but if I wait it out they eventually get correct.

The site seems to crap out on me everynight lately a few minutes after midnight. Have to close and re-enter. Seems to happen to others around the same time. I don't remember that happening before the new forum, maybe I'm wrong :shrug:

not sure if this has been posted already but is there any way to make the Search function a little less literal/specific?

An example would be I was searching B&C for threads about the band elbow...

I found different threads depending on whether I capitalized the "E" at the beginning and the main thread I was searching for never came up because it turned out it had two exclamation marks in it (elbow!!)

Elbow came up for me too. Must be some Canadian thing :shrug: :wink:

As for "craps out", I believe he means the site is not accessible for a few moments every night at about the same time.

alright, I'm an idiot I guess...

here's a question then:

How come when I do a general search for "Elbow" the thread in question comes up but when I do an advanced search for just the thread title in B&C only for "Elbow" the thread is nowhere to be found :confused:

itsokay.gif

As for "craps out", I believe he means the site is not accessible for a few moments every night at about the same time.

This is what I meant. Sorry. Happened at least two nights in a row. Last night in the superthread a few moments after midnight, it happened again. Apparently to a couple others there also.

Yeah. I'd call that a bug, not a feature. :grumpy:

Why on earth would you need YOUR new posts to show up if you KNOW that you JUST posted. That would just be clutter.

How bout I just stop answering your questions. You're never happy anyway. :madspit:

Why on earth would you need YOUR new posts to show up if you KNOW that you JUST posted. That would just be clutter.

It's not just showing threads in which you just posted, it's also about the other threads you've just seen. I regularly read a thread, go on to another one and then decide to reply in the first one. But as that one has disappeared from the New Posts list, I can't find it anymore. :sad:

How bout I just stop answering your questions. You're never happy anyway. :madspit:

Oh, I am happy! I just need to complain about something. Must be my Dutch-iness. We're always complaining. Deal with it! :tongue:

its just conveinence, saving two or three clicks for the lazy us :)

It's not just showing threads in which you just posted, it's also about the other threads you've just seen. I regularly read a thread, go on to another one and then decide to reply in the first one. But as that one has disappeared from the New Posts list, I can't find it anymore. :sad:

Have you tried using tabs? When I view new posts, I right click on a thread, and choose open in new tab. Not sure if your browser supports it, but most new ones do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom