New Forum is Up! Still tweaking things though...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone...

Anyone...

Bueller....

BUELLER...
The reason the links are broken is because there are forward slashes (/) in the album title. We have contact the software vendor to find a fix. In the mean time you might want to try changing those to dashes (-) and see if that fixes things.

The reason the links are broken is because there are forward slashes (/) in the album title. We have contact the software vendor to find a fix. In the mean time you might want to try changing those to dashes (-) and see if that fixes things.

May have something to do with the vBSEO mod.

because we were getting complaints about what people were posting about what their reactions were in that thread way back when.

i believe one of the reasons we are not allowed to edit posts after an hour was to provide a sense of accountability for what you post on the board. i have never known a thread/post to be deleted due to some embarrassment that might arise later.

has this policy changed with the new management?

i believe one of the reasons we are not allowed to edit posts after an hour was to provide a sense of accountability for what you post on the board. i have never known a thread/post to be deleted due to some embarrassment that might arise later.

has this policy changed with the new management?

There has been no policy change. Generally, we leave posts as they are, but there are instances where we get contacted in private by people requesting threads or posts to be removed, for various reasons. There is no automatic cut and dry answer for how we deal with these in general, we deal with each issue as it comes along on a case-by-case basis to see if the request is reasonable and understandable and won't disrupt conversation (the threads are older and haven't been posted in or nobody has acknowledged a certain post specifically anyway...things like that). Or...mods can make a decision on their own to remove stuff as well, for various reasons. Don't take that the wrong way that the mods go through and just delete things willy nilly. It really isn't common...but I'm just trying to cover different scenarios in regards to this subject to help you understand why things like this happen. I hope I am not sounding too vague, but, like I said, it's not just a black and white issue, there are factors to consider...so it's hard to give a perfectly specific answer.

ah alright then. im just a little surprised that a thread was deleted because some people were embarrassed they thought vertigo was a good song or whatever. threads like that are a major part of interference history, and are really some of the most fun to go back and read. sure you chuckle at people reactions, but you chuckle at your own replies as well. im sure ive said many embarrassing things in the vertigo tour forum, but i dont want that deleted because it's interference history.

its just a pity that a historic thread chronicling all the reactions to a brand new album had to be wiped out. oh well.

It's not 'wiped out'. Threads like that are never permanently deleted. It can be put back. At the time it was causing problems and someone was getting ridiculed because of it, it was getting a little out of hand. But I'm sure once that all dies down I dont see a problem putting it back.

Okay when I reply in the Temple Bar thread, it's still not re-directing me to my post. It takes me to the top of the page. I don't know if it's only when I'm quoting somebody or for all replies... but it's very annoying to have to scroll thru the whole page to get to my reply. :slant:

Okay when I reply in the Temple Bar thread, it's still not re-directing me to my post. It takes me to the top of the page. I don't know if it's only when I'm quoting somebody or for all replies... but it's very annoying to have to scroll thru the whole page to get to my reply. :slant:

:ohmy: I get that too! Is it supposed to be fixed?? Can't be bothered reading through the pages to find out....

Ok, when I'm posting in Plebans PGP thread tonight, when I try and do a quick reply it doesn't appear to work, until I try again and I get an error message saying that it's a duplicate post :huh:

I was getting that too, Gluey... The initial post did show up, but it would say there was an error, without telling me what the error was. Then if I refreshed the page, my post was there. :shrug:

I've also noticed that sometimes, not all the smileys will show up in PMs...?

I just got a pm replied, but all the emoticons in my original pm and in the reply are nice white boxes with red Xes in it :huh: what's wrong? the picture in the original pm did show up normally tho..

I'm not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but when I go to write a PM, I see mostly red x's instead of the smiley's:

pminbox.jpg

I've hit refresh, and right clicked on the x, etc. but nothing shows up. In the PM's I've been sent, none of the smiley's in those messages show up either.

It's not a big deal to me, but I thought I'd point it out. Thanks!

That has been happening to me at times as well. In my case, any PMs I send are blank, nothing that I typed shows up. :der:

You can try the usual clearing your cookies and logging in and out...maybe that would help you. It will work for me for awhile, but then the problem comes back. :shrug:

I've had the same problem! also when I get a pm and open it, it shows the emoticons as red x'es too, then when I close the window and open it again, it shows it normally :huh:

I just got a pm replied, but all the emoticons in my original pm and in the reply are nice white boxes with red Xes in it :huh: what's wrong? the picture in the original pm did show up normally tho..
Can you look again and see if they are there? If not, can you forward it to me so I can take a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom