Send some prayers please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to visit today and he actually looks like death. He has all his mental faculties and is not in any type of pain. The doctors didn't shut off the defibulator they just re-synchrinized it. (Whatever that means :shrug:)

Heres an update:

My stepfatherinlaw, fell this evening in his home. He has gotten so weak that even walking with the walker his legs gave out and he ended up on his knees and then he just sat on the floor. My husband went over to help his mom get him up and into bed.

She said that tomorrow she is ordering a hospital bed. The hospice nurse had said that once he is bedridden you know the end is coming. My boys are starting to become sadder. I feel for them. :sad:

^ Thank you very much. :hug:

Today we went ahead and had my sons 9th birthday party with family. (His real birthday is the 14th.) We visited my fatherinlaw in the morning. As soon as everyone left my sons birthday my motherinlaw called and told us that he passed.

I am waiting until tomorrow morning until to tell my kids. I don't want to ruin my sons day and then have to have him worry that someone else will die whenever we have birthday party.

Thank you all again for being so supportive and just hearing me out. It means alot. :hug:

:hug: So sorry to hear the news, JC. You've done the right thing waiting to tell your kids what with the birthday party and timing etc. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

^ Thank you very much. :hug:

Today we went ahead and had my sons 9th birthday party with family. (His real birthday is the 14th.) We visited my fatherinlaw in the morning. As soon as everyone left my sons birthday my motherinlaw called and told us that he passed.

I am waiting until tomorrow morning until to tell my kids. I don't want to ruin my sons day and then have to have him worry that someone else will die whenever we have birthday party.

Thank you all again for being so supportive and just hearing me out. It means alot. :hug:

Oh, Jc, I hadn't been reading the PLEBAns posts. I had no idea. I am so sorry for your loss. I think you did a wise thing not telling your boys on the Bday.

If you need an ear, lunch is on me. Really, just say the word.

Oh Jeannie, I am so sorry - I didn't know, but heard from Val (thanks Val).

I am so sorry. There is no easy way to deal with this. I agree with Val, though. and being together and sharing feelings and memories with loved ones is the only thing to do.
You have such a big loving heart - and your boys and husband are lucky to have you to just BE there for them. No real answers, just taking it step by step together.

Sending you MANY hugs and my deepest sympathy...
bonnie:hug:

^ you guys are the greatest!

I was holding everything together just fine until my kids let it all out tonight. My 9 year old said, my heart is stiff. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom