Got back from Dublin and oh yeah... MET BONO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first off... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I won't lie... I'm jealous. (wish my U2 encounters were as 'interesting')

Now, not that I'm trying to cheapen then moment...... BUT>>>>> this is just food for thought:

What if Bono did that . . . waiting to see how long it would take before it showed up here? hehehehe ;)

And if he were waiting to see it here.... and Bono, you're there..... I WANNA RIDE TOO!!!!!

Lise said:

Sicy, can I join you as well :sad:
I am totally speechless and can't believe that happened to you Melissa.
I must also give props to Ali.

*continues to bang head on the keyboard*

Yeah.. its really heart wrenching for me to read stories like this. I've been a fan for 15 years. I cant even imagine simply being 3 feet away from any of them. Let alone rolling around onstage with Bono, riding in his car, meeting all of the band and kissing Bono.

I hope you realize just how lucky you are Ms. Melpop.

I can't believe you asked to kiss him....I know that's what I'd be thinking of...but I don't think I could ask that....

I don't think I could ever get the courage to ask Bono for a kiss. I haven't been a long time fan (I've been a fan since 98) but I've longed dreamt that I met the boys, esp Larry. What a lucky girl, I'm litterally green with envy :evil:

AMEN, Sicy, amen!!! I'm still completely flabbergasted over your story Mel...a KISS...a 10 SECOND KISS?????????????????

Sicy said:

Yeah.. its really heart wrenching for me to read stories like this. I've been a fan for 15 years. I cant even imagine simply being 3 feet away from any of them. Let alone rolling around onstage with Bono, riding in his car, meeting all of the band and kissing Bono.

I hope you realize just how lucky you are Ms. Melpop.

WOW. Just...WOW. Scuze me while I *combust*

Attachments

• combust.gif
    combust.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 235
Melpop said:

I stayed at a bed and breakfast called Willowbrook. It was on Strandville ave East...

It was a really nice place. It's about 10 mins away from Larry's house and 5 mins away from Mount Temple!

I'm not sure if our B&B really had a name ... it was run by a very nice old lady named Moira. :) It was very convenient to the DART, I remember that. Killester station? I think.

I did all of the stuff Bono recommended on my trip. That makes me happy. :)

As for remembering the conversation word for word, I kind of understand. I've been in quasi-similar situations (obviously not with Bono, but hyper-exciting) and if you keep sort of replaying the conversation in your head ... over and over again ... because you can't help it ... you end up with a pretty good memory of what went down. At least, your brain decides on permanent version and goes with it, which may not be 100% correct, but I think it's usually pretty faithful ... and Mel had 3 other people to corroborrate and help her remember. That's my perception, anyway.

I'm very happy for you Melissa! Your good news kept me on a high all day, even with my personal world crashing in on me.

I don't blame you for asking for a kiss, I've heard of other female fans doing just that, and he does indeed pass em out.

*kicks self for not asking for a kiss when I met him*

And as far as remembering everything said, it is not that hard to do when you are talking to BONO! ACK!

Oh and the " mmm Now I remember you" comment had me rolllllling .... that would have sent me over the ORGASMATRON hill!!! :drool: :sick: :drool:

I vote you the Mayor of PLEBA! :) Thank you for living our dreams. :)

Ok...

4 pages have piled up since I've came on here... so I'll answer questions.

-Bonomofo: The video is dead again... they took it off... I dunno if I can attach it though. And his driving was fine... I dunno what the fuss is all about... maybe he was being careful.

-Autumn454: I think this experience is better than the roll... more personal... Then again... the roll was very intense.

-Wolbuoy: I knew people would ask me how I could remember all the conversation, but like Mirrorball girl said I had help from the 2 of my friends to remember. I wrote the conversation on my way back to Montreal (on the plane). It took me 3 hours to write everything because I was trying to remember all the details before I forgot them... It's a good thing because I wouldn't of remembered things as clearly today. Besides, remembering the conversation wasn't that hard because it was pretty simple. I know I forgot some details, I just thought of some today. But basically that is how I remembered it.

-Mrs Clayton: The 'asked him to kiss me' part just came out from my mouth automatically. I wanted to ask him for a hug (because tons of fans have done it before) but because we were in the car, I thought it wouldn't be easy... so this is why I asked for a kiss. Mind you... I was expecting a peck on the cheek... or on the forehead...

Oh yeah... I have an update!

I went to the shopping center and I found the cologne that Bono was wearing!!!! It was the cologne of Dolce and Gabbana!!! The smell almost made me faint because it brought such powerful memories back!

I hope I answered some questions!

OH MY GOD!!!!! You are the luckiest girl EVER, Melpop! Your story is just incredible! If I had been in your place I would have melted on the spot. And I LOVE the look Bono's giving in your picture. :drool: Congrats!!!

salome999 said:
What if Bono did that . . . waiting to see how long it would take before it showed up here? hehehehe ;)

Ha! Bono having a little fun with the "scary girls"? Well, if he wants to give all us a ride in his car and a 10 second kiss I'm all for it! :D

I just saw the Melpop phony thread... had a great laugh...

you know... maybe it was 8 seconds... hell maybe it was 7.... All I know is that is was pretty long...

U2SoHotGroupie1 if you don't believe I really don't give a rat's ass... I know what happened and no one can take that away from me. People did the same thing here on PLEBA one year ago when I went onstage with Bono... actually that's the reason I came on PLEBA: to defend myself. When I showed my video as proof people shut the feck up.

Anyway... believe what you want... I really don't care

Oh yeah... I faked the video of me rolling with Bono... I faked the thousands of people that saw me... I faked me passing on the radio and television because of the roll... I'm a professional dancer that fakes rolls.... I faked all the bootlegs of the Montreal 28th show that has Bono moaning in it... It was a lot of work, but I sure pulled it off!!! *phew*

By the way, I would like to thank those who stood up for me... I knew I shouldn't of mention the kiss... I'll wait until the whole thing blows over and I won't mention that again... must be the jetlag...

Should of kept it to myself... I guess

Last edited:
Hey, Melpop, I believe you! That picture's no fake! That's amazing! The whole thing makes me feel.....a bit faint, to be honest. I cannot imagine that happening to me without drastic changes to my consciousness. :lol: :lol:

salome999 said:
first off... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I won't lie... I'm jealous. (wish my U2 encounters were as 'interesting')

Now, not that I'm trying to cheapen then moment...... BUT>>>>> this is just food for thought:

And if he were waiting to see it here.... and Bono, you're there..... I WANNA RIDE TOO!!!!!

I hope not... I'm really starting to regret opening my big mouth...

If Bono reads this... I'm sorry... My heart is where it's always been... but I guess my head is somewhere in between :(

Last edited:
Melpop,
I am so happy for you!!! I know your memories will last a life time. I am glad you shared your story, you have every right to it's only normal to want to share something that special with your friends. Don't let what people say get to you......Jealousy isn't called the green MONSTER for no reason at all, you know it happened and that's all that matters!!If they wanna talk out of their ass then let them.

OMG you are SOOO Lucky!!!!!!

OMFG!!!! :shocked: :shocked:
You have gotta be the luckiest woman on the planet!!!

Most people never get pulled on stage, let alone getting kissed by their idol!!

Ok I gotta know...Is Bono a good kisser??? (the honest truth now! If he is slobbery I wanna know).
Did I mention that I'm insanely Jealous! LOL.

I'm also very happy for you, and I love your pics.

PearlJam_U2

Re: OMG you are SOOO Lucky!!!!!!

PearlJam_U2 said:
OMFG!!!! :shocked: :shocked:
You have gotta be the luckiest woman on the planet!!!

Most people never get pulled on stage, let alone getting kissed by their idol!!

Ok I gotta know...Is Bono a good kisser??? (the honest truth now! If he is slobbery I wanna know).
Did I mention that I'm insanely Jealous! LOL.

I'm also very happy for you, and I love your pics.

PearlJam_U2

He's a perfect kisser... I'm being completely honest. I wish he was a slobbery kisser... then I could tell myself "Well... he isn't that good...".... but no... it had to be terrific... it's 4 am and I can't sleep because of him...

Melpop said:
I went to the shopping center and I found the cologne that Bono was wearing!!!! It was the cologne of Dolce and Gabbana!!! The smell almost made me faint because it brought such powerful memories back!

I hope I answered some questions!

Thanx a million for that Melpop! Now I know what to buy for my boyfriend's birthday :) :drool:

And, btw, I believe ya! :) No matter what they say in that 'phoney thread'... I don't care whether he kissed ya or not (altho i must admit I'm a 'tiny' bit jealous).
You met the guy in his car and that is proof enough for me!! I think I would die and go to heaven if that ever happened to me...

L

Last edited:
Melissa, don't let some jealous idiot turn your moment into something dirty.

Don't be sorry about sharing your story, 95% of us loved reading it. It reminds me that after all these years U2 are still in touch with their fans. They love us as much as we love them, and while I may never get to meet them, it's nice to see these stories. You hear so many stories of fans of other celebrities being rejected and treated poorly by said celebrity, that this is refreshing to hear. For most of us, an autograph or picture would suffice, but they go the extra mile to make people feel special. *fuzzies*

BEAUTIFUL!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

bonoandI.jpg

~SWOONS!~ at the thought of being that close to Bono. I do hope you realize just how lucky you are and cherish that moment.

Well I guess I should thank you for this thread because last nite I had a dream that I saw Bono grocery shopping and I went up to him, said hello and he kissed me.

Fuck it was so real.

:scream:

Hey isn't this the same car??

BTW, let me just say Melpop, that you are a very very lucky girl! :)

Attachments

• bono349.jpg
    bono349.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 227
Melpop said:

I hope not... I'm really starting to regret opening my big mouth...

If Bono reads this... I'm sorry... My heart is where it's always been... but I guess my head is somewhere in between :(

Oh, Melpop. you shouldn't feel this way. If you hadn't told us this story I wouldn't have gotten one hell of a buzz, and believe me, I did. :lol: :lol: I had fun reading your story even though....I admit to being a bit jealous. That's something most of us can only dream about.

Sicy said:
Well I guess I should thank you for this thread because last nite I had a dream that I saw Bono grocery shopping and I went up to him, said hello and he kissed me.

Fuck it was so real.

:scream:

:sad:
[color=royal blue]Aw....

GROCERY STORE BONO: Hands off the bacon, woman.
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom