Got back from Dublin and oh yeah... MET BONO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mirrorball Girl said:
Oh my God. OH MY GOD. Daisy, I'm signing up for your club. RIGHT NOW.

Mel, you have the best Bono luck on the face of the planet.

Totally unrelated, but we stayed at a B&B in Clontarf when we were in Dublin last January! Too funny! So why didn't I get a ride in Bono's Mercedes??? ;) (Well, besides the fact that he was in Africa at that point.)

By the way, he's doing it again! Bono's giving rides to random people! I wonder how often he does this and we don't hear about it...

I stayed at a bed and breakfast called Willowbrook. It was on Strandville ave East...

It was a really nice place. It's about 10 mins away from Larry's house and 5 mins away from Mount Temple!

By the way, that's a really good tactic Lemonboy... I wouldn't mind... Bono kept me in a kissing kinda mood, lol :)

Holy smokes! What a story! You took a ride with Bono! That is amazing! What a sweetheart! And the picture with Edge.....good grief, I would have fainted.
WOW. That's all I can say.

<------ *Still shaking*

OH MY LORD!!!

I have never actually *fallen* off my chair when reading something. I swear, I read that bit about the kiss and I FELL OFF MY CHAIR. Literally.

That is so incredible!!! I am so happy for you! A conversation, a ride, a pic and a kiss! (That last part is getting to me, LOL). Whoa... I am very, very impressed, that is so cool...

So do you remember the rest of your trip or were you walking on air until you got home? ;-)

I'm repeating myself now... did I say you are SOOO lucky?

:) :) :)

I am actually completely speechless.

What a story. *combusts*

:)

ZooGrl said:
<------ *Still shaking*

OH MY LORD!!!

I have never actually *fallen* off my chair when reading something. I swear, I read that bit about the kiss and I FELL OFF MY CHAIR. Literally.

That is so incredible!!! I am so happy for you! A conversation, a ride, a pic and a kiss! (That last part is getting to me, LOL). Whoa... I am very, very impressed, that is so cool...

So do you remember the rest of your trip or were you walking on air until you got home? ;-)

I'm repeating myself now... did I say you are SOOO lucky?

:) :) :)

The next day we went to eat supper at the Clarence and it was great... just absolutely amazing. The food, the ambiance, the service... everything was just fantastic... the price as well, lol. But we just had to see it. I just had an amazing trip... never expected to be so lucky... I don't think anybody could dare to dream about things like this... you don't allow yourself to dream that big.

Right after Bono dropped us off... my friends had to hold me by the arm to go around because I felt faint. I couldn't think... barely talk... and it's still pretty much like that... it's still so fresh in my memory. It happened less than 4 days ago! And I was still on a high from the Elevation show! So... if things like that pile up anymore, I'll die!

Melpop said:
Right after Bono dropped us off...

Wow, that sounds so surreal, like the things that only happen in your dreams! My sister has really casual dreams about Bono ( although she's not such a big fan), like "Bono was going with us to the supermarket" or "Bono was here doing the dishes"... This sounds like her dreams!

Melpop said:

The next day we went to eat supper at the Clarence and it was great... just absolutely amazing. The food, the ambiance, the service... everything was just fantastic... the price as well, lol. But we just had to see it. I just had an amazing trip... never expected to be so lucky... I don't think anybody could dare to dream about things like this... you don't allow yourself to dream that big.

Right after Bono dropped us off... my friends had to hold me by the arm to go around because I felt faint. I couldn't think... barely talk... and it's still pretty much like that... it's still so fresh in my memory. It happened less than 4 days ago! And I was still on a high from the Elevation show! So... if things like that pile up anymore, I'll die!

It would certainly be a nice way to die, though, right? ;-)
You're right, it's hard to dream about stuff like that happening, but I think that IF it happens, it makes the experience even better. I'm still in awe (still shaking a bit too :)), but yes, I definitely know that feeling of being on a high... like you're not really sure where you are and you don't really care. Such a good feeling! :)

BTW, that picture-- reminds me a lot of the one from BP Fallon's book-- the one of Bono and Ali on their sofa at home (I'm pretty sure)-- I think Bono is pointing at the camera and winking or something, I don't remember... In any case, just had to mention that. THat's a fantastic photo, you're definitely going to have to blow it up and frame it!!!!

Melissa!!! I feel like I'm walking on air just READING about your encounter and it didn't even happen to me!!! I can't even imagine what you're thinking right now..... I would have died . :)

***fuzzies****

Melpop said:

By the way, that's a really good tactic Lemonboy... I wouldn't mind... Bono kept me in a kissing kinda mood, lol :)

hehe you tease!,to bad your not staying in Dublin, then the B-man would have got some competition!:mac:

Are you gonna be single for the rest of your life now?

The man you choose will have a hell of a standard to live up to!;)

*stares at the screen like an idiot* *falls off the rocking chair and hits her head against the bed*

30 minutes later.....*wakes up*

OMG!!!!! Melissa!!!!!! YOU ARE MY IDOL GIRLIE! lol...:lol:
I can't believe how lucky you are! First the Montreal show, and now this....OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! ( Did I say enough OMGs? lol)

I'm soooooo happy for you I could throw a party ( there's always a good excuse to party, right? ;) ) lol

Mel! Girlie! Would you mind lending me some of your Bono luck? You know about my "Bono incident" and I need some compensation!!!! lol

You rock lil Ali clone!!!!!! :D

PS: Can I join your fan club? ;)

This is the greatest story!

I was at the Montreal show when you rolled with Bono and now this! WOW it's amazing!!!!!!!!! :drool: I'm really happy for you. And what a nice pic! :love:

I'm going to Dublin for a week at the end of July with many zootopians... and after reading your story I just hope that they will be in town then :D

That's incredible! I'm so excited for you! That pic is to die for!

bonoandI.jpg

So tell us, what was better, this or the roll?;)

Last edited:
Mel... WOW..congrats on your story and having a great trip in Ireland! You really do look a lot like Ali in that picture! I never met you before but I really am happy for you and thank you for sharing your story with us. I can just imagine what it is like having to deal with it now that your back home. Do you still have a video online of your roll with bono? If you do I would love to see it if you don't mind. :)

PS- How was his driving? lol

:bono: Jessica

:shocked: OH. MY. GOSH. HE KISSED YOU?

*pulls jaw off of floor* wow! let me say that again...WOW! You are so incredibly lucky!

*imagines herself in Mel's place*
*melts*

What a great story Mel! You made me grin like a fool, scream, giggle hysterically, seeth with jealousy, and now I'm sitting here in absolute shock. I can't even begin to imagine what I would have done if I had been in your shoes afterwards. I think that I would have collapsed from weak knees and/or fainted!

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Whoa, whoa, whoooooooooaaaaaaaaa......

WAIT A MINUTE.........

You got into a car...with BONO driving??????????

Since when do you have a death wish????????????????????????? :D

Bonochick said:
Whoa, whoa, whoooooooooaaaaaaaaa......

WAIT A MINUTE.........

You got into a car...with BONO driving??????????

Since when do you have a death wish????????????????????????? :D

Ah, but what a way to go!!!

OK. I had to step away from the computer and digest your story for a minute. Man, that is the coolest story. Congrats! Though, I hope you'll be able to recover and have a normal life. I'm not sure that I would.

OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigtime hotflashes and I'm not as old as Ali!!!

I had to fan myself, definitely better than the real thing!!

Oh actually, you wrote about the real thing. That's a man very secure in his relationship!!

Definitely planning a trip to Dublin to have a serious talk with Ali on what it's like to be married for twenty years.

I just celebrated my tenth with my own personal Bono, and I hope he's not giving ten second kisses to young women in his luxe vehicle!! But then he's not really Bono.

(for me he's even better than the real thing!!!)

Congratulations on a fantastic trip to Ireland!! I miss it!!

My God!!!!! What a lucky girl you are Mel!!! If I found Bono in Dublin, i could die in the next day... my life would have been perfect... and with a kiss!!!!!!! wow!!!!!
I just wanted a little of your lucky by live in a country that U2 goes always... because in my country they come very seldomly... we did not see Elevation Tour...:(

Back
Top Bottom