LI U2 3D gathering.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holtsville theater told me to call them on Wed. and they'd know more. So lets keep our 24th plans for now.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

BEFORE I ARRIVED HERE at the NetCAfe......I went to the B&N at 65(?)th St/B'way.
BUT BEFORE I went into the bookstore, I walked 1 block up to the Lincoln Center thearter to see what the listings were for the movie.... and was fucking bummed out to see it's leaving.

...and I haven't been able to go:scream: b/c of this fucking unexpected "obligation" i had to deal with.....in the past 2 weeks.

I got practically sick to my stomach bythis Fri evening & night [from the stress & overwork] so I couldn't go -if i'd remembered to try and go.:madspit:

The main part of it ["obligation"] IS OVER now, BUT I ALSO had to spend so much EXTRA money to deal with it-- I'm not sure i can come on the 24th. :mad: .

I don't want to have to get up early tomorrow [relatively speaking after being SO miserable last nite] & rush as I did today- in order to get to my Art Workshop, but that's the only way I can surely catch it for the IMAX!

BAH!!!

This (late) morning my sis called me from her cellphone- sometime before noon.
It may have been around 11:30AM. I'd left her a message Fri (early) evening saying i could use a "phone hug" after such extra, Extra (on a NON-emergeny level) hard 2 days. But she didn't get in till 12:30, and wasn't sure she'd could call me that late. Which was just as well, b/c i felt so lousy.

She's a super movie/film buff (and a R&R music & concert/U2 fan)--but it's pretty rare for her to go to a PRE-NOON movie, unless she has to go to meet someone who has no other time available that she'd want to go with, OR seeing something BEFORE it gies bye-bye from NYC.

:hmm:
AND she wouldn't tell me what movie she was going to see-- and I KNOW as of late last week she HADN'T seen it yet, and wanted to.
i guess i'll find out in the next day or 2.

THEY COULDN'T of kept it for PRESIDENT'S Day, huh, at LC ?!!?? :madspit:

//ends rant

OK-- now that I blew THAT steam off-- I WILL TRY to get there tomorrow!
mini-:pray:

:wink:

Last edited:
:laugh: :der:

I wake up around 8:45 A( after ? 4 1/2 hours ) of sleep, and I'm concerned because I'm still kinda blitzed that IF i go back to sleep I might NOT hear my alrm clock go off (I really need to get one with a lounder alarm ), and miss getting to the movie.

I stay up, finally get out of the house and get there, and buy my ticket! :heart: ................

wait for it............

it's at 11:45 PM.... :lol:
I swear, I didn't see the PM indication on the schedual.:der:

I'm................ rrrRRRREADY....:hyper: :lock:

I still don't think i'll be able to go with you all......unless maybe I find this other misplaced check.
But AT LEAST I can finally join the rave up on-line! :drool:

I'll tell you by Fri/Sat if I find the money, and can join you all - the other factor tho, too, is - IF the 3D stuff gives me a headache:yuck . We'll see.

Last edited:
Val said:
I have pneumonia. :( I'll have to take the 24th as it comes.

Oh no Val! I had pneumonia for a month and it FINALLY is gone. It took 2 rounds of antibiotic, steroids, 2 inhalers AND the sun of Bonaire of which I am totally enjoying right now.

Keep hydrated, chamomille tea with honey is good as well as good old chicken soup.

I am not sure if I can make it either, since I am arriving sat, my kids might want to have dinner etc. Maybe we can go during the week in the evening if you are not doing better.

Take care Val, get better!

I'm glad you got to go on vacation. I've been sick for over a week. I'm on the second set of antibiotics and am hopeful.

I would so love to see it during the week in the pm. Please, LI girls, don't give up on me! I have got to see this movie!!!!!!!

thanks, JC Please don't give up on me I haven't seen the movie yet.

I just called Holtsville and it starts tomorrow. Show times are 1:55, 4:10, 8:35, 10:35, and 12:35 It'll be playing all week.

Val- please feel better!! But I will go with you, when you can- if you don't make it on the 24th. or if you do and want to see it again. ANY time on the 24th works for me.

Let's make sure of Sundays playing times. Usually Friday, the Sunday times will be posted. Be backtomorrow.

JC you are ok with Holtsville? Cuz we will meet in the middle if it is better.
I can't wait anymore-
OH, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool:

:sigh: :sigh:

I just don't have the money......:madspit:
and there's some stuff i still need some time to get finished [more finished, anyway :wink: ], and going Sunday even if I had the extra money....would take too much time outta my schedual.

Maybe IF it's still playing in early March and anyone wants to get together again................i'll check here........

Have a Ggggrreeaattt get together! :wave: :hug:

blm said:
Val- please feel better!! But I will go with you, when you can- if you don't make it on the 24th. or if you do and want to see it again. ANY time on the 24th works for me.

Let's make sure of Sundays playing times. Usually Friday, the Sunday times will be posted. Be backtomorrow.

JC you are ok with Holtsville? Cuz we will meet in the middle if it is better.
I can't wait anymore-
OH, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool:

Holstville is ok, I just need directions...I really need this movie again.

kassandra said:
Keep me in the loop gals!
Val I hope you are doing better.
During the week is good for me except Wed.

Kassandra:wave:

of course-

JC -no problem-it is easy, but i have to find out for you since you are coming from the other direction!

yes! I'm actually going today at 1:55 as well. Wonderful stuff!

Last edited:
just back. I purchased the tixs ahead for today, but no need. the theater only had about 35 people max. So, I'm not concerned about tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom