Joshua Tree St. Patrick's Day Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Weather Channel is saying mid-70s and sun for Saturday and mid-60s and some clouds for Sunday, with nights in the 40s. Not perfect weather for sitting by the pool but, tap wood, no rain.

it's in the 60's here, sunny and I hate it. I want 50's with clouds and wind.

dsmith2904 said:

I JUST got back from Vegas...and it's gonna be great pool weather next weekend in Summerlin. Tomorrow is cooler, but the rest of week is low to mid 70's!!

And if I never walk down the strip again it's OK with me...too many of those guys trying to shove the "girls will come to you.." flyers/cards in everyone's face...took forever just to walk from MGM to Planet Hollywood/Miracle Mile shops cause so many of them were out on the sidewalk..and the construction of the City Center wasn't helping either....but hey, Linkin Park was in town so I sucked it up!!

So bring on peaceful Summerlin!

ET said:

I JUST got back from Vegas...and it's gonna be great pool weather next weekend in Summerlin. Tomorrow is cooler, but the rest of week is low to mid 70's!!

And if I never walk down the strip again it's OK with me...too many of those guys trying to shove the "girls will come to you.." flyers/cards in everyone's face...took forever just to walk from MGM to Planet Hollywood/Miracle Mile shops cause so many of them were out on the sidewalk..and the construction of the City Center wasn't helping either....but hey, Linkin Park was in town so I sucked it up!!

So bring on peaceful Summerlin!

Certainly not a place for old people....:lol:

Mr. BAW said:

Certainly not a place for old people....:lol:

ahem...are you referring to me, old man??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

and I wasn't walking that far, just to get to the mall...
cabs are great when they DON'T drive down the strip..might as well walk then, get there quicker!!

Is it really that bad to walk along the strip? :hmm: Cause I love to just get out of the hotel and walk around wherever I travel.

:shrug:

Oh, and any recommendations of where to stay? I need to get on it and book my trip :D

kafrun said:
Is it really that bad to walk along the strip? :hmm: Cause I love to just get out of the hotel and walk around wherever I travel.

:shrug:

Oh, and any recommendations of where to stay? I need to get on it and book my trip :D

You don't have a place yet?? I think the SHOWEST convention is in town next weekend..Expedia has rooms listed though. If you want to be near Strip...but remember SUmmerlin isn't that close...pricey cab ride.

No, it's not that bad to walk the STrip, I just hate all the tourists taking pics of every hotel and stopping all the time to take pictures of the guys in the M & M suits outside M & M world, etc...
slows me down.

Last edited:
ET said:

If you want to be near Strip...but remember SUmmerlin isn't that close...pricey cab ride.

It's pricey AND its hard to find a cab driver willing to make the trip.

The JW has a shuttle to the strip but the one time we tried to use it to get back to the hotel, we ended up stranded in the rain and had to pay $50 for a cab ride back :angry:

I used the shuttle once...I was headed out of town..to airport, so I thought "I'll take the shuttle to The Fashion SHow and just catch a cab somewhere down the Strip."...well, I walked and walked...pulling my little bag(this was July I think)...and kept walking and before I knew it I was at MGM....freaking melting!!
Got a cab from there to airport...
and the shuttle hours are really limited...

ET said:
I'll be at JW too...pool party on Saturday??? I'm gonna hit it as soon as my flight gets in!!
Reminds me, I gotta work on my tan...

sombrero.jpg

dsmith2904 said:
Weather Channel forecast:

Saturday, 65/44 and partly cloudy
Sunday, 61/43 and few showers
Monday, 67/47 and sunny
Tuesday, 70/49 and sunny

no worries, if Sunday is bad we'll just be at the spa....
these reports change/adjust every day...
at least I got some pool time yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom