(09-15-2004) Rumor: Updated: Vertigo On the Radio? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: Vertigo On the Radio?

Various radio outlets around the world appear to be coming down with a case of "Vertigo" if reports from Interference.com readers are anything to go by. We have received word that "Vertigo" is to be played on the following stations ahead of the previous announced Sept. 24th radio debut (you will want to look up website addresses and compare international time differences to make sure you catch "Vertigo" too!). Stay tuned as more stations will no doubt announce their debuts!

*Update! The DJ at Radio City 96.7 in Liverpool, England has announced that his station will not be broadcasting "Vertigo" after all ahead of the September 24th debut date.

*Update! Monday, September 20th: Jovem Pan FM in Brazil has also chosen to not play "Vertigo" ahead of its release date.

Guess we'll all just have to sit tight a little while longer, folks!

Last edited:
Nothing on either website regarding Vertigo. I emailed both. (-=. )www-radiocity-co-uk/
jovempanfm-virgula-terra-com-br/

Salim

Lara said:
I love living in brazil!!!:bow:

Plus you had what was probably the best U2 show on the Popmart tour! I am jealous. Of course, U2 has been pretty good to my hometown too (Boston)!!!!

Johnovox said:

Plus you had what was probably the best U2 show on the Popmart tour! I am jealous. Of course, U2 has been pretty good to my hometown too (Boston)!!!!

Yes, I love the São Paulo show too. :yes: Very intense in every way. :up:

yes...xrt is the only station i listen to (i'm from chicago as well). i wouldn't be surprised if they played the song early...they play a few u2 songs every day and are always up to date with new music. they're also one of the only station around chicago that played lesser known music...i actually hear about different bands from them...which is very unique for modern radio. they also put up the songs they play on their website (1 day late) ... so we can check what songs they play for the next week...

Anirban, are you in the U2 midwest group? yorue right about xrt- i credit them for me liking pete yorn, as unpopular as that might be :wink: . I hope to hear vertigo on xrt first, especially after the Indie 103 SCAM. I dont trust the majority of radio stations, for their programming and taste in music because most just go for the ratings. xrt may not get all of the ratings but stay true to what they are- a Quality modern rock station that also stays true to rocks roots.

Radio City Liverpool - A warning

Dont get your hopes up. The morning DJ is a well known hoaxer and I also cant believe this poxy station would have it before the nationals like Radio 1.
Beware my friends.

Johnovox said:

Hey! I was there!:wink:

I e mailed Jovem Pan , but nobody answered...:(

Johnovox said:

that show was the best!!!!!!! I was only 12 when pop mart came to são paulo so to me was like being close to heaven in a way.... but you sure have nothing to complain about boston!!!!!

I have Jovem Pan and Transamerica FM Brazil

This two fu*%ing radios use to cut some parts of the songs, in order to make them shorter and more suitable to the radio standards and times. So, here in Brazil, he hear shorter versions of Beautiful Day (the middle part), Walk On (parts of the middle), Stuck In A Moment (Edge singing at the end).

They use to cut RHCP too. The closing solo of "Universally Speaking" and the intro of "Californication", for example, were cut off.:madspit:

Re: I have Jovem Pan and Transamerica FM Brazil

elciojg said:
This two fu*%ing radios use to cut some parts of the songs, in order to make them shorter and more suitable to the radio standards and times. So, here in Brazil, he hear shorter versions of Beautiful Day (the middle part), Walk On (parts of the middle), Stuck In A Moment (Edge singing at the end).

I mean "WE" hear...

Looks like radio stations will have to wait until oct 5th before playing "Vertigo".(atu2.com)

What is this all about?????:confused:

bammo2 said:
Radio City in Liverpool :lmao: *snort*

that's just a provincial commercial local radio station. I'll be very VERY surprised if that turns out to be true

sure, provincial, but it's these kinds of stations that are more likely to do stuff off the cuff...and remember, the Beatles came from Liverpool...doesn't sound so far fetched

@u2 reporting it's already been played..

Cigar said:
Looks like radio stations will have to wait until oct 5th before playing "Vertigo".(atu2.com)

What is this all about?????:confused:
i see today that it's already been played...is this true?

I just heard the song. OMG. It rocks. I can't get it out of my head.

Hello, hello,
my place called vertigo.
it's everythign I wish I didn't know
except you give me something i can feel.

Back
Top Bottom