(06-03-2005) COBL Relased Monday -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
"City of Blinding Lights" Released Monday

U2 release their new single "City of Blinding Lights" on Monday June 6th.

"City of Blinding Lights" was the opening song on the first night of the band's mammoth Vertigo // 2005 world tour which kicked off in San Diego in March.

Available on 2 CDs and a DVD, B sides include the Killahurtz Fly Mix of album track "All Because of You," plus live versions of "The Fly" and "Even Better Than the Real Thing" from the Stop Sellafield concert in Manchester, June 1992. The DVD carries an exclusive video of "City of Blinding Lights" recorded live at Brooklyn Bridge in November last year.

The exclusive live version of "City of Blinding Lights - Live from Brooklyn Bridge" will be available to download from iTunes (UK) from Tues.

CD1
1. City of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit)
2. All Because of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix)

CD2
1. City of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit)
2. The Fly (Live at 'Stop Sellafield' Concert)
3. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Live at 'Stop Sellafield' Concert)

DVD
1. City of Blinding Lights (Live at Brooklyn Bridge) - video
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own - video
3. City of Blinding Lights - audio

--U2.com

As far as the video goes......U2 should go with the REAL 'Live' version as opposed to the video made to look like it's live thing!

Where the live version is organic and is believable, the video seems like it's trying to chase that feeling of magic. It seems frustrated in the attempt to really be live. And, in the video version, Bono's "jazz hands" during 'oh, you, look, so, beautiful tonight' are a bit over the top and annoying because it overstates the repetition of that line. Oh yeah....Adam shouldn't have to dance as he is a little too animated in the video version. Adam simply is cool, so he shouldn't have to try. It (video version) just looks like some video director told him to do that.

GO WITH THE LIVE VERSION GUYS....PLEASE!!:(

Last edited:
:banghead: It seems that I have already made a mistake. I've been here, what five minutes? :banghead:

Well at least there are nice enough members here to point out my own stupidity. :)

Thank You.

PS :bow: Please forgive me! :D

Elevation01 said:
As far as the video goes......U2 should go with the REAL 'Live' version as opposed to the video made to look like it's live thing!

Where the live version is organic and is believable, the video seems like it's trying to chase that feeling of magic. It seems frustrated in the attempt to really be live. And, in the video version, Bono's "jazz hands" during 'oh, you, look, so, beautiful tonight' are a bit over the top and annoying because it overstates the repetition of that line. Oh yeah....Adam shouldn't have to dance as he is a little too animated in the video version. Adam simply is cool, so he shouldn't have to try. It (video version) just looks like some video director told him to do that.

GO WITH THE LIVE VERSION GUYS....PLEASE!!:(

I dunno, same could be said of the other version (from Chicago) that was being filmed too, for the DVD.

I read from people who were at the shoot, Adam was like that throughout the shoot, smiling at people, having a good time. (And he hates making videos). Though it's not like usual music videos, he gets to play for real, so maybe that's why he was "animated."

I saw an old video, an unreleased song from Red Rocks, (2 hearts beat as 1) some of Adam's dancing in the "City" video, reminded me of it.

Back
Top Bottom