(02-13-2005) U2 Go Three for Three at Grammys - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At what part in the show does u2 perform their song and receive their award?
Which artist is on before them?
Please let me know as I want to record them when the show
is shown on tv in UK tonight.
Many thanks

Larry rocks! You figure a good 90% of the tv audience probably doesn't even know what he's referring to but he uses the opportunity to issue a heartfelt apology, so cool.

Did anyone else think that the tsunami aid version of Across the Universe was just awful?

Except for Bono's opening line which was a straight rendition of the original, almost everyone else was off key and sounded like crap (exception: billyJoe from GreenDay). I love this song and can't believe how a big group of mostly talented people could mangle it so badly.

HelloAngel said:
<!-- http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050214/i/r2404359451.jpg -->
U2 Go Three for Three at Grammys

U2's "Vertigo" won the Grammy for all three categories it was nominated for at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles tonight -- Best Rock Song, Best Rock Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocal and Best Short Form Music Video.

As announced here at Interference.com, U2 performed a stirring version of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" with Bono dedicating it to his late father as an intro.

capt.las26502140431.grammys_las265.jpg

(AP Photo/Reed Saxon)

Later in the evening, upon winning Best Rock Performance By a Duo or Group, The Edge dedicated the award to his daughter Sian who has been reportedly ill, and Larry Mullen surprisingly addressed the ticketing fiasco that plagued initial ticket sales for the Vertigo Tour, once again issuing an apology.

r1613588117.jpg

(REUTERS/Gary Hershorn)

Towards the end of the night's broacast, Bono joined an allstar group including Alicia Keys, Stevie Wonder, Norah Jones, members of Velvet Revolver and more for a performance of The Beatles' "Across The Universe" for victims of the Indonesian tsunami tragedy.

"How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" will be eligible for Album of the Year at the 48th Annual Grammy Awards in 2006.

To view more photos from the Grammy Awards, visit: http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news/?ei=ISO-8859-1&c=news_photos&p=U2

Does anyone know what the white patch on Bono's right arm read and/or what it represented?

U2 and Valentine's Day--what a great time of year

I think last night was the best performance of SYCMIOYO that I've seen so far (between Under Brooklyn Bridge, SNL). Bono hit all the high notes, even though he was visibly straining on some of them and had to keep catching his breath. Those damn cigarettes! I think its obvious he's cut down on the ciggies in preparation for the upcoming tour.

Grammy acceptance speech was awesome! Hells yeah Larry, his apology was so heartfelt. I was surprised Bono didn't talk more though, he's never at a loss for words.

This is my first Interference post! I all!

bratty_cat said:
Did anyone else think that the tsunami aid version of Across the Universe was just awful?

Except for Bono's opening line which was a straight rendition of the original, almost everyone else was off key and sounded like crap (exception: billyJoe from GreenDay). I love this song and can't believe how a big group of mostly talented people could mangle it so badly.

I wouldn't say it was awful, but they would've done better to rehearse it at least once before the show, or at the very least warmed up their voices before going onstage. Stevie Wonder sounded rough at first, but was back on form the next time his turn came around. And he wasn't the only one.

Back
Top Bottom