NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, they looked like a professional hockey team. The forecheck was excellent, HILBERT had a short handed goal -yes HILBERt - and they did this weird thing where one guy would jave the puck, and then he'd give to another guy on his team, and hen that guy would kind of smack it towards the other team's goalie. The guy behind me said it was called "pas" and "shoot"? My Spanish is rusty, but that's what it sounded like. It was kinda cool.

Dude, they looked like a professional hockey team. The forecheck was excellent, HILBERT had a short handed goal -yes HILBERt - and they did this weird thing where one guy would jave the puck, and then he'd give to another guy on his team, and hen that guy would kind of smack it towards the other team's goalie. The guy behind me said it was called "pas" and "shoot"? My Spanish is rusty, but that's what it sounded like. It was kinda cool.

Wait, slow your roll.....one guy would have the puck....and then he would dump it, then chase it, then they'd lose possession, is that what they were doing?

Wait, slow your roll.....one guy would have the puck....and then he would dump it, then chase it, then they'd lose possession, is that what they were doing?
No, it's like...ok - the other team had the puck - like normal - but then an Islander would somehow take it from him, and then he'd find - now this is the weird part - another Islander, and he'd be like, "Hey, I have this puck and I want you to have it, so here," and then he would nudge it to his teammate. Then that guy would get it, and he'd look at the other teams goalie and be like, "I am going to hit this black thing really hard at you," and then he'd hit it. Sometimes the other goalie would just catch it, but a few times he did not, and then it went into that net thing, and this red light came on and it was all very confusing.

No, it's like...ok - the other team had the puck - like normal - but then an Islander would somehow take it from him, and then he'd find - now this is the weird part - another Islander, and he'd be like, "Hey, I have this puck and I want you to have it, so here," and then he would nudge it to his teammate. Then that guy would get it, and he'd look at the other teams goalie and be like, "I am going to hit this black thing really hard at you," and then he'd hit it. Sometimes the other goalie would just catch it, but a few times he did not, and then it went into that net thing, and this red light came on and it was all very confusing.

You can pass the puck to a teammate?????

I just hope you don't crush us on Saturday... A one-goal loss is honorable at least...

I just hope you don't crush us on Saturday... A one-goal loss is honorable at least...

There are two Islander fans in here...myself, and Uberbeaver.

Bloodbath!!!

3e3aa0e89d75ee4e20431e55c04ae1d0-getty-82625282bb027_buffalo_sabre.jpg

capt.81051fbbe7514f88a9f1da673d95c1d8.sabres_islanders_hockey_nysw106.jpg

capt.db744ffa07864f8ba56a478ed0e8646b.sabres_islanders_hockey_nysw107.jpg

ugh :doh:

I'm not even going to talk about the "game" with Montreal...

My question is; what purpose does Ryan Howleg (sp?) serve, other than being suspended and helping to blow a three-goal lead?

He was a douche on the Rangers too. I guess he's an agitator - but he can't fight. Still, at least he tried as opposed to Avery who just started shit, skated away and let someone else get their ass kicked.

No, he's not nuts. He wants people to think he is. I think he's actually pretty smart. He's a coward though. Likes to start stuff but never finish it. He's the type of guy that you hope gets punched in the face. But somehow, he rarely does. He usually just skates away like a pussy.

He seemed a bit unhinged in the bits of interviews I saw on the weekend. Does he have a god complex or something? Very strange guy, didn't like him at all. Which I guess is an example of him doing what he does very well.

I will admit, he's funny. I like him in interviews cause he says what he wants, but I think that's all part of his act. He is, however, probably the best guy in the league at getting under people's skin. Brodeur and DiPietro hated him. DP once came out of the net to punch him in the back of the head, which was probably the greatest thing DPs ever done.

Nice - I'll have to look for a clip of that!

He was going on about how he loved to play with dolls as a kid, it was pretty funny actually.

Well, we've already fired Denis Savard. 4 games into the season. Replaced by Joel Quenneville.

Probably not the start we were lookin for in our "season of resurgence" but hopefully the change will give us a swift kick in the ass so we can actually start playing like we mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom