NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't neccesarily think they got better... they traded their best defensive guard and lost a lot of their depth for an injury plagued second fiddle.

so an old team that was injury plagued just got less deep, worse defensively and more injury prone.

:shrug: san antonio's been so good at making deals i'm just going to assume that they have something else in the works to add some more depth to the team and a defender to replace bowen.

In the article on ESPN, they mentioned that the Bucks may cut Bowen, only for him to re-sign with the Spurs. It makes sense for the Bucks, since they're trying to cut salary anyway. Plus, that guy Udoka seemed like he was starting to settle into Bowen's role in the games I saw him play.

I remember Thomas being in their rotation a bit, but was Oberto getting any minutes anyway?

reports are saying that all three players may end up being cut by milwaukee... if they end up resigning with san antonio then darth stern should hit them with some sanctions. that ain't kosher.

He certainly should after the whole Stackhouse debacle during the Kidd trade. I realize Stack was out talking about it himself, but if it's widely known that Bowen and Thomas are going to be on the way back, it's the same thing.

Shaq to the Cavs. It's offish.

Is this what Lebron needs to get his first title? Probably not.

Too bad it's not four months ago. I like how Phoenix is just giving up and punching their fan base in the collective dick. It probably won't be too long before they send out Amare too.

The kicker being that the Shaq trade saves them about 5 mil, and keeping Marion and letting him go would've saved them around 20 mil.

I don't understand why anyone would own an NBA team and not want to spend any money.

there are rumors that the Cavs may try to make a run at Marion, also. talk about a super team!

Can Superman (The original so called Superman Shaq) coexist with GOD?

Well, looks like LeBitch needs some help from Big Brother to get his ring.

This will make it all the more sweeter when they lose.

Go Celtics, Magic, Pistons, 76ers, etc.

Marion's (lack of) value on the open market will make it interesting to see who completely overpays him.

i only care about trades that involve draft picks right now...

i'm more hyped and nervous about this draft than any in recent memory... i wasn't that hyped last year, and before that it was really only a feeling of trying to figure out how exactly isiah would fuck up.

there are two players whom i would be thrilled if the knicks ended up with, besides blake of course... rubio and steph curry.

there is one player who i'd shoot myself if the knicks ended up with... hasheem thabumt.

then there's any number of players who i'd be okay with... flynn, harden, hill, evans, henderson...

and then there's everyone else.

i would not mind them buying a late 1st round pick and picking up a hansbrough or a danny green... and there's that rumor starting that OKC will draft rubio with the intent of pawning him off to the knicks at a later date in a sign and trade for david lee.

:hmm: so many options...

Via HoopsHype:

Because of his comfort level with his teammates and city, and of course, the chance to get an $8 million-$9 million contract, odds are that free agent Jason Kidd will re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks. Yet, he has an intrigue with the New York Knicks that is mutual, and a Knicks source says they plan to try and meet with him once free agency starts on July 1.

Kidd is considering possibilities with Portland and Cleveland, but he always loved New York a lot more than New Jersey. He built good relationships with Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni and Portland’s Nate McMillan when they were assistant coaches for Team USA.

Please take him, Headache. Call Donnie Walsh for me.

The Magic just traded Tony Battie, Skip to My Lou, and Courtney Lee for Vince Carter and a scrub.

I don't know how to feel about this, I guess that makes Hedo expendable?

I don't know how I like it, but at least they're making an effort. Obviously Alston was a good chip for them to move.

I like how the two Eastern Conference finalists are doing they can to bolster themselves while Donnie Nelson sits around twiddling his thumbs enamored with the current incarnation of the Mavs.

I think it's a good trade for the Magic. Vinsanity had himself a strong, injury-free year. And, honestly, none of the three pieces the Magic moved to get him are gonna scare anybody.

But like you said, now we'll have to see what they do with Hedo.

Carter's from Florida and said he wants to play out his career here, so I was expecting a trade at some point, probably for Hedo and J.J. Redick or something. I wish Redick left over Lee, but it's a solid trade.

If they keep Hedo, it's the best starting line-up in basketball, at least offensively. If they don't, I think they can get a comparable player to throw in there. Tyson Chandler, perhaps? I don't know.

it's a great move for orlando if hedo comes back... if hedo leaves then all they did was thin out their depth and get smaller and more injury prone.

btw i wouldn't be sold that ryan anderson is a scrub... he didn't get much of a chance in new jersey but he can shoot it. i would think that anderson may make J.J. expendable.

if this amare stoudamire trade goes down then you would have to think that Steve Nash's ticket to New York is all but punched... be it this offseason or next. he lives in SoHo and plans on retiring there, he still calls D'Antoni on a regular basis... it's a matter of time. if phoenix is gonna rebuild, nash is gonna want out.

Back
Top Bottom