National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, that offseason flew by.

Got the game on, ready for the Hawks to be the only team that delivers for me this season.

Good offensive effort, but you ain't winning shit if your opponent is always in a power play. Sloppy game.

I am finally feeling OK about saying I'm a Blackhawks fan without feeling like everyone around me just assumes I jumped on the bandwagon. I am legitimately excited to be watching this (horrible) game tonight.

Grabovski 3 goals, one assist. Meanwhile, their big offseason acquisition will make his debut with the team 10 games from now because he's an idiot. Yes, savour this while you can. ;)

:shrug: I can't say I liked the Grabovski buyout but he clearly did not fit with Carlyle so he had to go. I think he fits well in Washington because they have a more offensive system.

As for Clarkson, I'm not that concerned yet, they can win without him and will be even better 9 games from now..

It was a bad luck incident,but still,the Parros injury is just another example that it's time to get rid of that element of the game,meaning fighting.

But the dinosaurs are still running that league.Only a ending life injury will wake them up and be pro-active.........but it will be too little,too late.

Bernier and your excellent penalty kill were the difference makers.

I'm still pissed that Laviolette insisted on playing Rosehill just because Orr was in the lineup, though Orr should have gotten four minutes for that cheapshot.

Huge credit to Tampa's goaltending tonight. They've been out-shot nearly 3:1 and still took us to OT.

I've said this before, but it always amazes me how certain sports franchises are perpetually unable to find that one important piece for their team. Like a football team that struggles to find a quarterback year in and year out (Arizona, Jacksonville) no matter what they do.

The biggest issue with the Flyers, in my view, is not coaching, but management that has failed to find a franchise goaltender. Now, granted, these players don't grow on trees, but how many years have we been talking about the Flyers' lack of a true franchise goalie? Even sad-sack teams like the Maple Leafs now have two legitimate number 1 goalies.

Everything, absolutely everything, about building a solid hockey team starts from the net out, in my opinion.

I agree with BoMac. There are so many variables involved in a strong offense that it's far simpler to build from the goalie out and pick up offensive pieces along the way. Despite absolutely murdering Tampa for two and a half periods, we lost Saturday because they made saves in the final 10 minutes that we couldn't. You can put in your absolute best effort and still fall short if your goaltending is shaky.

Sacking Laviolette after three losses is laughable. It's just going to fuck up the locker room.

The Flyers had Sergei Bobrovsky but Ed Snider didn't like that he didn't win the Stanley Cup in his rookie year so...

God, I hate sports.

Most random fucking thing at the game: I ended up down near the ice and this older fella and younger girl walk up, and I said to my friend, "Ha, that looks like Danny Trejo." And it turns out it was Danny Trejo, and for some reason the producers of his new movie thought promoting it at a Flyers game was an excellent idea. I should have yelled something about Breaking Bad, but I was just laughing at how absurd it was.

Anyway, nice to see the first win.

You were at the game? I heard it got nasty.

Something to do with Huberdeau being sat on my Simmonds, Kopecky being his usual pest self...

How'd Markstrom look?

Back
Top Bottom