National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, the Rangers are in the Cup. How 'bout that shit? As an Islander fan, I can remember 20 years ago rooting like mad for the Canucks to beat the Blueshirts because I hated the fuckin' Rangers. I wanted their 54 year drought to continue. (1940!) But alas, the Rangers prevailed and I cursed loudly at the TV. With a mix of mild apathy towards the NHL in general and the Islanders sucking for pretty much the last 20 years, my hatred for the Rangers has waned. I'm not sure if I'll "root" for them in the Finals, but the hate will be gone. :wink:

This Rangers team is fucking terrible too. The Flyers are about league average and had a horrific matchup with the Rangers and still took them down to the wire. Then Pittsburgh laid down like the pile of shit they are and the Habs threw the first two games away when they couldn't sort out which backup goalie was better. What a disaster the East has turned into.

It's like the opposite of this Phillies-Mets series in that the extra play is actually enjoyable to watch and not a chore.

Absolute classic of a game. Two brilliant teams at their best. Congratulations to the Kings.

Yeah, I wouldn't. LA is the second most populous city in the country but that city aggressively does not care about the NHL.

I can't really cheer for the Kings because their own city doesn't give a fuck.

This is the start of a great rivalry. I ain't even mad.

Would you really consider that an NHL ratings matchup?

You'd be surprised how many non LA fans are excited about it though.

More so you won't be surprised at how many people from LA will tune in. It's no surprise. When the team is the talk of the town, people who don't care about the sport will still watch. I'd say this Stanley cup will do better nationally than Chicago would've, and that's no disrespect meant towards Chicago.

If we were discussing the potential ratings of a single game, say, a game 7 or any single elimination situation, I would agree with you. But I don't think LA's casual observers are going to watch 4-7 games of a sport they don't care about. There are more Hawks fans nationally right now and they would eat up every second.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom