National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He had a miserable period, but the Canadiens weren't exactly playing well in front of him.
His regular season numbers are decent. I'm baffled by it, but we shall see.

Apparently they are starting Tokarski again for game 3, I don't understand, was Budaj that bad?

In his career, Budaj has a miserable playoff record, even preceding his time in Montreal. Meanwhile, Tokarski has been a winner at every level his played in, capturing the Memorial Cup with Spokane in 2008, winning World Junior gold for Canada in 2009, and winning the Calder Cup with Norfolk in 2012.

Essentially, they feel the ceiling is higher with Tokarski than Budaj, and are hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

There is precedent for this. In 2006, Dwayne Roloson was injured in the Stanley Cup finals, and Edmonton went with their third stringer, Jussi Markkanen, who played well enough to help extend the series to 7 games.

Gave away two goals and then everything snowballed. Pretty embarrassing, but it's a long series.

Last edited:
Absolutely horrible game from the Hawks tonight. Horrible defense, lousy goaltending and once again piling up penalties in the 3rd, which is when you need to play your most disciplined hockey. Even if we somehow win this, we still sucked tonight.

I don't think the Kings were anything special either (four shots in the 2nd? Four penalties in a row? Are you fucking kidding me?), but they were better when they had to be.

This is probably the first time all playoffs that Rangers fans are letting themselves get excited.

Last edited:
Crawford needs to be pulled. This is fucking embarrassing. What is this, 12 goals in five periods? It's not like our defense has been outstanding, but there's a 50% chance of it going in the net this period.

Fuck, I have no interest whatsoever in Rangers/Kings. This sucks.

Last edited:
The last goal hardly counted, but still.

I never expected to make it this far, during this playoffs, but it SUCKS getting this far and then seeing them get their asses hand to them.

Ah well, maybe the Hawks can pull a reverse Kings.

Yeah, sure, that. Since it's against the Kings, it would have the opposite effect of pulling a Kings, thus the reverse.

I never expected to make it this far, during this playoffs, but it SUCKS getting this far and then seeing them get their asses hand to them.

By a fucking 6th seed, no less. What a weird playoffs this has been.

The Kings are probably going to end up with home ice too.

And no, we're not pulling a Kings. We've completely given up and are going through the motions. Which is sad, considering the amount of talent we have and sheer luck we've been blessed with as of late.

Last edited:
I completely disagree. I only had the chance to watch the 3rd period, but it looked to me like they were trying their damnedest, that King's defense was just impenetrable.

Towards the end, it did seem that they were just too exhausted to score. They were taking shots from center ice and I was completely dumb-founded by that.

This seems like a pretty simplistic/cliche statement, but the Kings are just the better team right now.

I completely disagree. I only had the chance to watch the 3rd period, but it looked to me like they were trying their damnedest, that King's defense was just impenetrable.

Towards the end, it did seem that they were just too exhausted to score. They were taking shots from center ice and I was completely dumb-founded by that.

You tire yourself out playing from behind. You get behind when you make an incalculable quantity of mental errors and your goaltender can't stop a beach ball. It's like March all over again.

Last edited:
By a fucking 6th seed, no less. What a weird playoffs this has been.

The Kings are probably going to end up with home ice too.

And no, we're not pulling a Kings. We've completely given up and are going through the motions. Which is sad, considering the amount of talent we have and sheer luck we've been blessed with as of late.

That sixth seed bested the cup favorites and the second place team from the west.

I wouldn't call it weird though. As of recent, the NHL system post lockout has done a really good job at developing parity among the standings. Don't forget... the Kings were an 8th seed when they won the up. And they beat 6th seed NJ.

This seems like a pretty simplistic/cliche statement, but the Kings are just the better team right now.

Completely agreed. I don't know where this team keeps hiding, but every time they show up, they appear to be unstoppable. Unfortunately for the Hawks, it looks like they've decided to show up for the whole series.

That sixth seed bested the cup favorites and the second place team from the west.

I wouldn't call it weird though. As of recent, the NHL system post lockout has done a really good job at developing parity among the standings. Don't forget... the Kings were an 8th seed when they won the up. And they beat 6th seed NJ.

Truth. And we all know how much potential LA has. Hell, how much potential the Blackhawks have. They limped into the playoffs but made the most of it for a while.

It has been an unpredictable month of hockey.

The funny thing is hindsight is so clear here.

The Blackhawks and Kings moving on and San Jose and St. Louis getting eliminated like always.

Yet, go back to before the playoffs and you'd seem silly saying that.

I can't believe Crawford is still such a weak link. 5 shots is apparently enough to render 3 goals in one period meaningless.

It seems to me like Crawford is playing really far out of the net. His last two saves were phenomenal, but if someone had caught the rebound on either of them, he would've been completely fucked.

Overtime. Jeez. What a bunch of wasted opportunities there in the 3rd. Both teams looked fantastic, though.

Back
Top Bottom