MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm on Lookout Landing and Minor League Ball almost as much as I'm on here. Jeff Sullivan from Lookout Landing (and now Fangraphs of late) is one of the best, funniest sportswriters I've ever read. Also, I check out Fangraphs every day to see if they have an article that interests me.

River Avenue Blues is my go-to place for the Yanks. The commentary is a bit silly (sort of a sports version if EYKIW), but the articles are usually good.

I also like Keri a lot. And Fangraphs gives me the more "national" perspective.

I figured all of us crazy Internet kids would be all about blogs, so I'm surprised none of this have ever come up.

I didn't really get into the SB Nation blog scene until Penn State got fired up this year, so I sort of missed out on the heart of the baseball stuff. I'm sure I'll be looking closer at it come spring training. The NHL Lockout has me even more fired up than normal about the return of baseball.

The Blue Jays are a little presumptuous, apparently:

jayschampionship.jpg

I do the same thing but with Excel spreadsheets. I do it for all sports. I already have a 2013 depth chart for Penn State based on the recruits they have been getting.

I should really finish this final exam paper before I keep going on this.

It's fucking amazing what you can accomplish when finals are coming up.

I've started reading more and more blogs lately. I hope my lack of interest in baseball finally dies off this season. Not watching baseball much these last two years has really depressed me...yet I don't watch. A cycle of pain!

It's fucking amazing what you can accomplish when finals are coming up.

I've started reading more and more blogs lately. I hope my lack of interest in baseball finally dies off this season. Not watching baseball much these last two years has really depressed me...yet I don't watch. A cycle of pain!

What's your favorite team?

Looks like it might be Pierzynski to the Rangers.

If so, there's now only one remaining player on the roster from the '05 squad.

Looks like it's a done deal. Rangers replace a power-hitting catcher who lacks in defense for a power hitting catcher whose defense is declining with age, likely for less than Napoli would have cost. Good move for them.

Except that, other than 2012, Pierzynski has never really been a power hitter. Last season was an anomaly. Contract year, he hit way more homers than he's ever hit, or will again.

At least in my estimation, he'll most likely be back to his usual 10 - 15 homers this season instead of the 27 he hit last year.

But, yes. Nice move. A.J. is a good offensive player, and the type of guy you'd much rather play with than play against.

Nah.

And it was time to part ways with Pierzynski. Tyler Flowers will hit 25+ homers as the every day catcher this year, and is significantly better defensively than Pierzynski. Probably won't hit for much average, though.

That can't be easy. No title since 1908. This season looks to be pretty exciting with the trades and free agent aquisitions all over MLB, though. Maybe that will help re-ignite your passion for the game.

Thanks, I don't mean to be such a downer about the team. I have to image every Cubs fan hits this dark patch every now and again.

This thread and you guys have me already following the action more than I have in quite some time, and that is, of course, what I love about interference.

I don't know if I should thank you guys or not. I haven't stopped reading farm system reports in days. This is what I do with a week off from work (in which I contract the flu) I suppose.

Watching Nick Swisher's press conference. Gonna miss him being on the Yankees. He represented the team well on and off the field.

Back
Top Bottom