Euro 2012 thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irish supporters are the best. Football would be much more fun if every fan was like this.

Its pretty obvious that the magic we had during the world cup, didn't stay with us the last 2 years.

I'm gonna root for Germany if we lose, practically neighbours anyway and far more polite then those damn french tourists. :fist:
Really GG wtf. Spain? I'd rather have a vulture stealing one of my kidneys.

Read what I said before there...

I was rooting for Spain since all the teams I've rooted for sofar are losing or tieing. Sadly it didn't work last night as Spain won anyway. :grumpy: Sod that.

Ah nack.. You fooled me.:angry: go cheer for Portugal next game.
Nice weather you have thar.

France leading 2-0 :D After the initial downpour this is turning out to be a great match. The first half was very exciting, both teams fighting hard. But now France is taking the lead. Have a feeling Shevchenko will still score though.

France won, now Sweden - England 2-2. Pretty exciting match! Started off boring, then English came ahead, Swedish made equal and then 2-1, now a great goal for the English. They found their mojo again!

So that was the goal of the tournament.

An exciting England match. That was unexpected to say the least.

As unexpected the Van Persie would score a goal for the Netherlands. So to speak.

Wow those games were great.

Well my ESPN bracket isn't completely embarrassing now, I had 1. Czech Republic and 2. Greece. I had Netherlands winning it all though...so it's still done.

Unbelievable.

There's definitely still hope for Holland. :D I don't think anyone expected Russia to crash out against Greece.

It was a completely different team, or so it seemed! :( Where did the Russia go that were great vs Czech?

Such a shame. Though I doubt the Dutch have any chance left. My money's on Germany and Portugal advancing.

In case anyone is wondering how both teams have to play tonight to advance.

3.jpg

After yesterday one can only see: Everything is possible. Especially because we are playing Denmark, the only other team to really surprise everyone.
Still, I think Germany is going to win, so it's up to the Netherlands' offence to finally find the goal.

Even though the Irish can't advance anymore, they just have to tie to have done a great favour to all of us. :)

Last 15 minutes of both matches have been a letdown. MOAR GOALZ

Thankyou Podolski , for scoring against Poland... Króhn Deli I hate you.
V.d. Vaart great shot !! But it looks like its going to be the great Ronaldo show all over again..... Still praying for a wonder.

Still , both games are now back where they where 45 mins. ago.
Damn that.

lol Meireles. I don't think I've ever seen a player flop and *both* teams try to score instead of kicking the ball out of bounds.

:sigh: What a disgrace. Out without a single win. Disgusting for the vice world champion.

I'll be rooting for Germany and France for now.

Extremely dissapointed now. For both Holland , becuase they wehre actually playing now, and Denmark as well.
Germany deserved a place tough so good for them.
Will be rooting for Germany from now on since my lill country is out.

o%CC%88zil_finden.jpg

Was hoping for the Dutch. But if you have such an offense and you don't manage to score some goals, a defeat is somehow justified.

:lol: That's a good one. Here we call him Gollum, seriously compare the two. Same facial expression and big eyes! :wink:

It was very justified that we lost. Our defence was horrible, and the offence just failed to score enough. 2 goals in 3 matches is not much.

True , i'm just still bummed about it really. This sucks so much.
I hope some of the players can justify their talent in normal competitions becuase we basically saw nill percent of it.

Back
Top Bottom