College Basketball 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No worries. I was actually in Philly watching my school get spanked in basketball while listening on my iPhone to my school getting spanked in Wisconsin in football. Fun times.

And Boeheim should be canned for calling sexual abuse victims liars and extortionists. That's his Graham Spanier "Unconditional Support" moment.

Interesting to see ESPN go virtually silent on this, though the reasons are obvious since they don't want to bury themselves. I'm quite annoyed by all my fellow students using this to justify their outrage about ESPN's coverage of Penn State. "See how they overdid it with Paterno but are staying quiet on this? SEE!? They were out to get Joe!" Shut the fuck up. Argue that Syracuse should be covered more? Fine by me. Argue that it's proof Penn State should have been treated "more fairly?" You're an idiot.

Lebron in the house, wearing Buckeye scarlet. Time to bet the farm on Duke.

i clicked on firstrowsports just as the shot was going up and in.

perfect timing on my part as vitale didn't say anything for 5 minutes.

Fucking HUGE win over Ohio St. just now.

Holy shit. I'm on a bloodbuzz. Brandon Paul with 43 points. Talkin' shit to Sullinger. I feel my heart beating out of my chest.

God damn.

There have been some rough patches lately for me personally when it comes to the sports teams I love and root for, but this shit just feels great. I haven't felt this happy after a win in a long time. Just an enormous win on so many levels. Let's fucking go. I feel so much love for my school right now. Let's get drunk.

EDIT: Ha! Go look at the first post in this thread. That guy that I was so excited about in November of 2010?...Yeah...he finally put it together tonight. Feels so good. 43 points for BP3. Brandon Paul, standin' tall. Let's go.

There are many games left, but I just wanted to say that we are currently all alone in first place in the B1G Ten conference.

Holla.

Nice win for you guys. You were the tougher team on this night. And I'm incredibly angry about it.

Some terrible officiating in the game. I'm not blaming the entire loss on the refs, trust me I don't like to do that, but I would like to get your take on a couple of key calls that I thought changed the momentum in the game and really fucked us over.

In the latter stages of the first half, we were up 4, and my boy Joe Bertrand got up in the air and grabbed an offensive board...there was a tussle...and for some fucking reason they called a technical foul on Bertrand? Your guy fouled him, if anything. After that it was totally incidental. It was not flagrant, it was not intentional. Whatever the fuck they decide to rule on that. Just a terrible call, and you guys hit the two free throws, got the ball on the side, and made a three quickly after. We went from up 4 with the ball, to down 1 with the ball, because of one egregious fuck-up by the refs.

Then, late in the second half, you were up 1, and Brandon stripped the fuck out of your boy at halfcourt and had an easy breakaway dunk set up but the ref called a foul...when there was no foul.

Other than that, yeah. We played like shit. No rhythm to the game whatsoever, especially after the aforementioned bullshit call on Bertrand, which the refs mulled over at the scorer's table for like six minutes, taking away any flow that either team had going.

Game sucked, but if we beat Wisconsin on Sunday it's all good and we're back on track. Big game.

Well, they did call the foul on Frazier. But they called Bertrand for throwing Frazier off of him well after the play, which was borderline. I wouldn't say it was totally incidental. Not sure I would have given that call, but I can see why they did it. On first look, I said to someone I didn't think it was flagrant. Then someone pulled up a screen and showed me the replays and I was like, "Ehh ... that might actually be a flagrant."

The Paul strip looked like a bum call, I'd agree.

I think the difference in the game, though, was the defense played on Paul and Leonard. They were clearly the only two who had it last night, and Glover and Graham did a damn good job of keeping them from really going off (and they're both good enough to still put up double digits). I can tell you from being there that at times Glover was in Paul's head. Paul actually shoved him after one play as they were going for a timeout, though the refs did not notice.

Bruce Weber screams at people in the postgame pressers, by the way. I've been to two with him. He's not even angry, he just has no sense of volume.

Lick my sweaty balls, Michigan St.

Ugliest game I've seen all year, but we pulled out the win. That's all that matters. Burn the tape, erase the evidence, let's go.

^ Well, we've lost four straight since I made that post, including two tough losses at home to teams we should not be losing to at home.

And once again we've pissed the bed of what once was a very promising season and stuck ourselves firmly on the bubble. Getting an NCAA tournament bid, at this point, would be a bit of a minor miracle.

And there is about a 99% chance that the Fighting Illini men's basketball team will have a new head coach next year. I like you Bruce, but a change is comin'.

Back
Top Bottom