2010-2011 Brett Favre Memorial NFL Playoffs Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:(

I wasn't so much betting on the Seahawks losing as I was betting on the Saints marching back to the Superbowl doing their own set of upsets.

dont feel bad, nobody saw that upset coming. :hug:

it would be kind of funny now if the Seahawks turn the NFC playoffs into 1940's Berlin. (but they wont)

"Don't feel bad" is right...after that Ravens win, LuckyNumber7 is currently leading the points. (this is before the conclusion of Packers/Eagles)

After Wild Card Weekend:

bono_212 25/97
Mrs. Garrison 24/98
LuckyNumber7 20/83
phanan 20/91
Imperor 20/79
PhilsFan 19/86
speedracer 18/88
LemonMelon 18/92
Headache 18/89
iron yuppie 18/88
mikal 17/92
GirlsAloudFan 16/90
Screwtape2 16/91
Bluer White 16/81
Inner El Guapo 16/86
stammer476 14/91
Hewson 14/82
coolian2 13/85

First number is current points, second number is what I think is the maximum possible.

So... I pretty much need a Ravens defeat of the Patriots and then a defeat of the... Seahawks in the SuperBowl? to win?

Yay me.

Take heart cellar dwellers, if the Falcons win one game...I'm probably a lock for last place. My strategic move was to bet against them and for the Saints.

Thanks a lot, Seahawks.
For deciding that the first 15 weeks didn't really matter all that much.

Take heart cellar dwellers, if the Falcons win one game...I'm probably a lock for last place. My strategic move was to bet against them and for the Saints.

Thanks a lot, Seahawks.
For deciding that the first 15 weeks didn't really matter all that much.

Same with me, I bet heavily on the Saints pretending the 1st 17 weeks didnt matter... and then marching back to the playoffs.

I bet big on Atlanta, but judging so did everyone else, I'm best off hoping Baltimore goes all the way.

My biggest mistake was misunderstanding the playoff system, because im an idiot. I thought the packers were going to play the bears, not the falcons, or I wouldn't have placed them so high. Now, whoever wins next week I lose a pretty high scorer. Oh wellz.

Post-divisional round leaderboard:

bono_212 51/78
Mrs. Garrison 50/75
mikal 46/75
phanan 46/76
LemonMelon 43/69
LuckyNumber7 43/67
iron yuppie 42/66
Inner El Guapo 42/71
Imperor 42/64
GirlsAloudFan 41/73
stammer476 40/69
PhilsFan 40/65
Bluer White 40/67
speedracer 39/63
Screwtape2 38/66
Headache banned from Boston-area sporting events for life: 37/57
coolian2 35/60
Hewson 34/56

Possible winners based on the Super Bowl outcome:

Packers over Steelers: bono_212
Packers over Jets: bono_212
Bears over Steelers: GirlsAloudFan
Bears over Jets, total score 39+ GirlsAloudFan
Bears over Jets, total score 38-: Mrs. Garrison
Steelers over Packers, total score 62+: bono_212
Steelers over Packers, total score 45-61: mikal
Steelers over Packers, total score 44-: um, I guess it's technically a tie since bono_212 and mikal would both be over. Probably should have thought over the tiebreaker idea a little more.
Steelers over Bears: mikal
Jets over Packers: bono_212
Jets over Bears: Mrs. Garrison

The rest of you lose. You do not win a twenty volume set of the Encyclopedia International, a case of turtle wax, or year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat. But that's not all. You also made yourselves look like jerks in front of millions of people. You brought shame and disgrace to your family names for generations to come. You don't get to come back tomorrow. You don't even get lousy copies of our home game. You're complete losers.

The rest of you lose. You do not win a twenty volume set of the Encyclopedia International, a case of turtle wax, or year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat.

I thought I was the only one who says the full name :love:

Steelers over Packers, total score 44-: um, I guess it's technically a tie since bono_212 and mikal would both be over. Probably should have thought over the tiebreaker idea a little more.

The rest of you lose. You do not win a twenty volume set of the Encyclopedia International, a case of turtle wax, or year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat. But that's not all. You also made yourselves look like jerks in front of millions of people. You brought shame and disgrace to your family names for generations to come. You don't get to come back tomorrow. You don't even get lousy copies of our home game. You're complete losers.

i hope bono_212 wins.

No Mrs. Garrison. I recovered the fumble in the endzone. And raped that girl.

I mean... didn't rape that girl. Sorry, forgot.

I was there . . . to match my intellect . . . on national TV . . . against a plumber . . . and and architect . . . both with a PHD.

i hope bono_212 wins.

Haha you and me and all of Wisconsin, Mikal.

:yes:
/drive-by

Standings after the conference championships:

bono_212 68/78
Mrs. Garrison 65/75
mikal 65/75
phanan 65/76
LemonMelon 58/68
iron yuppie 57/66
PhilsFan 56/66
LuckyNumber7 55/64
Inner El Guapo 55/64