What's YOUR favorite song by Joy Division?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please pick your five favorite songs by Joy Division

• Total voters
1. New Dawn Fades
2. She's Lost Control
3. Disorder
4. Interzone
5. Other - They Walked in Line (the original early version from Warsaw, not that shitty listless later version)

Just missed the cut, in order:
Atmosphere
Twenty Four Hours
Transmission
Atrocity Exhibition

New Dawn Fades is probably in my top ten songs ever by anyone. Fucking incredible track, and She's Lost Control and Disorder are not far behind. I love the energy of Interzone and They Walked in Line, and they're both nostalgic favourites for me, giving them that little boost to get ahead of Atmosphere and Twenty Four Hours, two other tracks I absolutely adore.

Everything on Unknown Pleasures except for the last couple of tracks are brilliant, so yeah, I love Candidate. It's plodding in the best way imaginable.

Really glad that Disorder has rallied back. That's their best track.

I thought shadowplay was more popular.

Awesome song on an awesome album. It's just that, for me, Disorder, New Dawn Fades, She's Lost Control, and Interzone are superior. The only track on Unknown Pleasures that I find at all expendable is I Remember Nothing.

Good song title.

Reminds me of "Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above" by CSS.

Which reminds me...I like a number of songs by both CSS and Death From Above 1979 even though I haven't listened to either band in probably three or four years.

I was thinking of CSS a few days ago. Weird how a lot of bands can be huge for a moment and then nearly disappear. Indie rock is a really fickle scene, kids don't seem to care much about older popular indie bands. I saw Ladytron (another band who's also lost a great deal of their popularity) on tour for the Witching Hour nearly 10 years ago. CSS opened. I was sitting in the bar area of the venue with my friend and this tiny girl is sitting next to us wearing fluorescent green spandex pants and a hot pink tank top, eating or having a drink. Both of us are like, "WTF is this girl wearing?!" 20 minutes later we realize she's the singer for CSS.

I think what Schoopaloop is trying to say is that Hipsters are douchebags.... I am ok with that

Fake compared to what, The Darkness? A gimmick hair band throwback?

Logic, reason, and critical thinking are positive traits, bro. So is having an understanding of music that has progressed past a childish image of a scene that most people realize is irrelevant at age 15.

jcpLNwR.gif

Fake compared to what, The Darkness? A gimmick hair band throwback?

Logic, reason, and critical thinking are positive traits, bro. So is having an understanding of music that has progressed past a childish image of a scene that most people realize is irrelevant at age 15.

Wait? That childish thing is fantastic. Where did you ever get the idea that rock and roll music is supposed to be adult? It's rock and roll. It's stupid by definition. It can be fantastic. It can be outlandish. It can and should be childish. That's part of it's appeal. 15 is a great age. Rock and roll was born by 15 year olds who wanted fun, not adults.

You're the one who called the indie scene "fickle." Now it's awesome? And needs you to defend it? The whole scene is BS.

The meaning of "indie" has always been confusing.. It has got to the stage where it actually has no meaning anymore and is bandied around willy nilly.

Word should be retired from usage.

I didn't count Ceremony because...come on, there is no official recording with Curtis on the vocals that's even complete. That's a New Order song.

I couldn't disagree more. There is in fact an official recording of it with his vocals, unless by official you mean commercially pressed and released. Just because it never saw commercial release (correction: it was released on box sets) doesn't mean it wasn't their song, as Joy Division. The first version of the song ever recorded that is easily available isnt some fan mashup of a random Curtis vocal post-humously laid over a New Order instrumental take. Its Joy Division, written by Joy Division and performed by Joy Division. And I couldn't also disagree more with your idea that its more a New Order song than Joy Division song. It, and In A Lonely Place are unmistakably more Joy Division than New Order. They are basically covering a song that was already a Joy Division creation.

A consensus has already been reached on that point...

Back
Top Bottom