Wait what? Sting has a new solo album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deltau922

War Child
First one since 2003. It's called 57th & 9th, and spoiler alert: it is dog doo ):

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I heard a couple songs from it a month or so ago and liked them. Picked up the album today but haven't listened yet.

I really, really like about 85% of his solo output, and haters gonna hate.

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Far from a hater, I'm a big fan of his solo albums too, and I'm certain I have a lot more Sting songs than Police songs in my library. This new music is just wildly uninteresting and disappointing.

I just listened to it. Not bad, a few songs that stood out to me. I'm just glad he's back to pop instead of lute solos. Although I appreciated that for what it was, and I dug that he did it.

The only solo album of his I didn't like was the last pop one, where the lead single was I think a duet with Mary J Blige? Ugh, that one was awful. That's the only one I don't own.

His Christmas CD from a few years back is pretty awesome, too.

I've randomly heard Fortress Round Your Heart a few times over the past months, and was reminded of what a great song that is. The album is good, if a bit uneven.

Nothing Like the Sun - wow, what an amazing-sounding record. So many great songs, only a few I might skip. Fragile is one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded, for me.

I haven't listened to Ten Summoners Tales in ages - I'll need to pull that one out.

Fortress Around Your Heart really is a great song. I also like Desert Rose, but it's not even close to the same league as Fortress. That's about it for me and solo Sting.

Any opinions anywhere from anyone about the new Holy Fuck album or Emma Ruth Rundle's solo album? Axver?

LOL, you're in a Sting thread, dear, not Random. ;-)

Desert Rose is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Yep, Fortress is my favorite Sting song. So great. Going to fire that one up right now and let it lead right into Nothing Like the Sun

Last edited:
I just saw him with Peter Gabriel, and have seen him several times in the past. If you even remotely like his music, go. He's excellent live.

Back
Top Bottom