The Police Tour '07 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back - looks like the exact same setlist as Chrisedge posted from Anaheim.

Good, fun show. Some songs I was not familiar with (The Bed's Too Big Without You, Truth Hits Everybody), and a weird arrangement of 'Don't Stand So Close To Me' :der: Overall, good time!

I know I don't regularly post in this thread, but I thought I might as well since I just got back from the show. I'm sure my mom is going to post the same exact thing in a second ( :lol: ). It was a fun show altogether; I enjoyed it, since I'll probably never see them again.....There were a few songs I didn't know, but I think I knew most. After the show, my mom mentioned they didn't play Spirits of the Material World :grumpy: (thanks for ruining it, mom!) just kidding.....it would have been nice though. We ended up walking all the way to the other end of the stadium and back because I thought I saw dippin dots....then we got back to our seats to find they were right where we started :grumpy: :giggle: (can't take me anywhere!!) Well...that's all. If you need more info about anything at the show, my mom and I (and my dad!) are here :up:

And I agree with my mom, I didn't like the new arrangement of the chorus in 'Don't Stand So Close To Me.' :shrug:

Oh, and while we were walking (before the Police came on), some lady came up to my mom and was like (while staring at me) 'Does she even know who the Police are?' :rolleyes: People these days!! :lmao:

Sting eat your heart out...

I saw this guy, Cas Haley, the other night on America's Got Talent doing Police's Walking On the Moon. I thought he did an awesome job.

Anywho, he just happens to be from Arlington, Texas. [If you didn't know, it's between Fort Worth and Dallas.] I wonder if I'll run into him at the Dallas show :wink:

Here's a clip.....

http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/#mea=121441

:applaud:

I'm not really familiar with the Foo Fighters :reject: but I did recognize about 3 songs. They rocked. Dave screams like a madman, LOL. During their set, he jumped off stage and down the center of the audience/field, Got to 2nd base (the diamond was blocked off), made a right turn aaround some of the grounds setup, and ended up playing guitar atop either some sort of riser/equipment or port o potty down near 3rd base. It was so cool. Jammed there for a minute, then ran back down the outer aisle back to the stage. :up:

First, I'd like to say that the Dallas 1 show was awesome!

The only thing that I didn't like was Don't Stand So Close To Me. I just didn't like the new changes.

And I'm glad the guys tried to move around on stage more. I was kind of worried from the previous reviews. Too bad they didn't have a B-stage or an ellipse that went out into the audience. They did the best they could with what they had.

From a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the highest, I gave them a 9.

Now my friends that saw them back in '83 gave it about a 7.

We were happy, but there was a bit of room for improvement.

I thought Stewart was the best...he ROCKED!

Oh, and I bought a Police blinky light. :D Those were cool!

All in all, for my very first Police show, I was a happy camper!

I agree that there was room for improvement.
I just don't understand that after 4 weeks of touring, that word has not gotten back to The Police camp so to say that the arrangement of Don't Stand So Close To Me sucks and should be put back into its original form. It's something that everyone is talking about, and not positively. Was the setlist the same in Dallas too?

My sister and I are going to try to see them again when they come to Atlanta in the fall. We got behind the stage seats, lower level (better to see Stewart :wink: ).

Plus, my sister felt really ill for about 2/3rds of the show that we saw, so hopefully she will feel better this time. And I'd like to see them when I'm not worrying that the person next to me is going to pass out at any moment.

It's confirmed they are coming to Mexico City, and Monterrey is in negotiations, it will save me the trip to Mexico

Just got back an hour ago, one word explains it all: amazing!

I had to smuggle a camera in because apparently the Xcel Center isn't so kind about cameras. Luckily, my bra worked perfectly :lol: And, I have lots of pics and a few videos that I plan to put up on Youtube at some point. We had upper level seats, but it was still absolutely mind blowing. :rockon:

YOUR CHANCE TO SEE THE POLICE GO 'UNPLUGGED' FOR MTV IN MIAMI

We've got an incredible new contest on ThePolice.com for fan club members. The Fan Club is looking for one hundred members to be The Police's special guests when they perform for MTV Unplugged! The taped performances will be on Friday, July 13 in Miami...

There will be two tapings on that day and we have room to allow fifty Fan Club members to attend each taping. Winners can not choose which taping they attend. The actual location of the taping will be confirmed 24 hours prior to the performance.

Tickets to the tapings cannot be purchased and are not transferable. Winners will receive further information on how they can pick up the tickets in person on the day of the performance.

For your chance to win a ticket to one of the tapings, you will need to test your Police knowledge by answering a question correctly. Submit your contact information and your answer in the form on this contest page and you will be in the running! Please note that this contest is for one ticket only.

The contest has already begun and will conclude at 11:59 pm EDT on July 5, 2007 so don't wait, enter the contest NOW! Fifty (50) winning submissions will be chosen from all correct entries for two separate tapings - a total of one hundred (100) winners will be selected. One hundred (100) Prize winners will receive one (1) ticket each to one live taping of The Police for MTV Unplugged in Miami, FL on July 13, 2007. Winner does not have a choice in which taping they attend. Travel to and from venue must be provided by winner - ThePolice.com is not responsible for winner's travel to and from taping. All entrants to the contest must agree to the Terms & Conditions. To see the full Terms and Conditions of the contest, you can go here .

Remember, you must be a member to enter this contest. Not a member yet? Don't miss your chance to see The Police 'Unplugged' in Miami - sign up now!

Good luck!

Cool if you're in Miami..

one4u2 said:
YOUR CHANCE TO SEE THE POLICE GO 'UNPLUGGED' FOR MTV IN MIAMI

:sigh: I wish it weren't so expensive to sign up.
Either way, I'm going to see them on the 10th and that's good enough for me. Especially with the seats I've got. :bonodrum:

onebloodonelife said:
Here are my Youtube videos :)

Message in a Bottle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDFtWqFItLU

Roxanne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ho9OysUrgI

Every Breath You Take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPdI1Nlz6Tg

The sound quality is actually pretty good, especially considering that the videos were taken with my digital camera.

Enjoy!

Okay, so apparently Roxanne and Every Breath You Take ended up being a mix of all three audios...so they're being reuploaded right now. I'll put the new links up as soon as I have them. Message in a Bottle is perfectly fine though.

Back
Top Bottom